Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Tarheel

Cables, Coffee, and Cocktails

Recommended Posts

On 9/11/2020 at 10:25 PM, dtel said:

That guy sucks, I can't sing and can do that good

, my dog was crying   , somebody should tell him  to keep his day job  -

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

, my dog was crying   , somebody should tell him  to keep his day job  -

I don't know if he can learn a few words he could make a music video, a little auto tune and he will be a star. Even if he can't sing he could go rap.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The storm has slightly changed track, if you live in Ala, and along the coast in that general area or even East to Fla if it changes more in that direction ?

155356_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be Safe, my friends!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dtel said:

The storm has slightly changed track, if you live in Ala, and along the coast in that general area or even East to Fla if it changes more in that direction ?

155356_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

 

57 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Be Safe, my friends!

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dirtmudd

& don't forget:

 

 

Hope all of y'all are ready for this one!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

@dirtmudd

& don't forget:

 

 

Hope all of y'all are ready for this one!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fripp has done some nice collaborations!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KROCK said:

Be Safe, my friends!

I sure hope this will be the last storm of the year ---------

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, RandyH000 said:

I sure hope this will be the last storm of the year ---------

I hope your right but the odds are against us. From 1851 to 2018.

Weather-image.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dtel said:

I hope your right but the odds are against us. From 1851 to 2018.

 

they gotta start  building Hurricane proof houses , this house  has no shingles , or wood structured roofs ,  the ground floor can even sustain flooding up to 12 feet high -

 

Domed house in Sullivan's Island, South Carolina | NONAGON.style

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True but they need to be much higher, well I would want it higher. It wouldn't have to look like that if you didn't like that( I do),  They started using thick cement walls but looks like a normal house except by a door or window where you notice how thick the walls are about 18''. We had landscaped a few of those and got to see how they were built. They would have fancy ceramic tiles shaped like the old corrugated Mexican style tiles, they were so heavy they had to be put on the roof in piles for a couple weeks so the building can adjust to the load before being installed $$$

 

After Katrina a neighbor friend asked if I would come help him, he was going to replace all the outlets, switches and everything but the wires which were said to be OK. It was on a raised house, it was an old lady we knew who needed help and it only took a few days. The house part was raised 18' before the main floor started and the water was up to the light switches inside the house. The house was about a mile or two from the beach around Biloxi, but on some back canals and bayous and the water just followed those. 

 

The house had a small elevator like normally used in houses, not the fancy kind. 

The sad part was about a year later the old lady was on the elevator and fell out on the way down somehow landing on the cement under the house. She lived about 6 months in and out of the hospital before dying. We were glad we got to help but the whole thing just sucked.

  • Sad 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody ever used the Nextdoor website to move stuff that you did not need anymore?

Got rid of my copper commitment in two hours!

That's copper cookware that I would not have unless I got an incredible deal on it... but it's too much d*mn trouble to maintain. Heats very fast and as soon as you turn the flame off it cools fast too but no not unless a genie comes out will I ever polish a freakin' pot I make my tea in again!

Got the ladylike crayola seafoam green La-Z-boy moving out tomorrow and some of the handicap equipment also.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Anybody ever used the Nextdoor website to move stuff that you did not need anymore?

Got rid of my copper commitment in two hours!

That's copper cookware that I would not have unless I got an incredible deal on it... but it's too much d*mn trouble to maintain. Heats very fast and as soon as you turn the flame off it cools fast too but no not unless a genie comes out will I ever polish a freakin' pot I make my tea in again!

Got the ladylike crayola seafoam green La-Z-boy moving out tomorrow and some of the handicap equipment also.

Ive used it to buy a few things.

Ironically.....I got a message tonight on Nextdoor about a missing US Marine killed 73 years ago on a Japanese island, his remains are finally going home to Richmond Indiana. The motorcade will go right through my town. Yes I will be there, and no I will not take a knee. RIP and thank you PFC Louis Wiesehan Jr

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love your sentiment expressed all over here Bill, and that is so good of you to honor him like this.

Immediately makes me wonder if he suffered any of the horrors we heard of that theater of the war.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

they gotta start  building Hurricane proof houses , this house  has no shingles , or wood structured roofs ,  the ground floor can even sustain flooding up to 12 feet high -

 

Domed house in Sullivan's Island, South Carolina | NONAGON.style

yea but its B.A.U.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Ive used it to buy a few things.

Ironically.....I got a message tonight on Nextdoor about a missing US Marine killed 73 years ago on a Japanese island, his remains are finally going home to Richmond Indiana. The motorcade will go right through my town. Yes I will be there, and no I will not take a knee. RIP and thank you PFC Louis Wiesehan Jr

The RIGHT thing to do Bill.  Nuff said.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

The motorcade will go right through my town. Yes I will be there, and no I will not take a knee. RIP and thank you PFC Louis Wiesehan Jr

Great, like said it's the right thing to do, we owe these people.:emotion-21:

 

2 hours ago, babadono said:

yea but its B.A.U.

Ok, I have no idea what that is, but it might be fireproof ? But might not be so great in an earthquake or mudslide ?

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...