Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, grasshopper said:

ding ding ding!!!  We have a winner

... and I couldn't remember my gmail acct info

I was reduced to lurking

laptop broke right after posting some Frank Sinatra in the vinyl thread

You know the sign at the repair shop ...

You can have it done

Fast

Cheap

Good

Pick any 2

I opted for cheap and good

What else?

I went to the hospital ... cardiologist there wanted to do a heart cath. I wanted a 2nd opinion. Seeing a different Dr, who speaks English as a first language.

Feeling much better w/o any thing being done except not taking an herbal supplement for prostate.

Got stung by a scorpion... on the balls

that was fun, too

especially the ice pack.

Welcome back! Glad it all worked out for you, keep up with the doctors.

8 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

it's ok , no more grass to cut -snow is a month away --- that wuhan  bug is gonna see Winter hit it like a cannon ball -

I will cut the grass for the last time later today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

since I was "out" for a couple months, I missed out on wishing the weather worn folks in the paths of all the rain well... you were in my thoughts.

We're into record number of 100`+ days... rain?  hardly any here. Tucson got 1.62 inches during the "monsoon". Just 0.03 inch short of all time low. Normal is around 6 inches. We would have had more 100`+ days had it not been for the smoke from all of the fires. It looked overcast for a couple of weeks.

Didn't have to mow the lawn this year.

back to heating and cooling type weather.... 50's in the AM and mid/high 90's in the afternoon.

@Ceptorman

Bill,

you still considering LA?

after this summer, you may be able to rule out fire as a reason not to go... there is still mudslides and earthquakes, though.

I know we have car people here...

there was an ad running where they showed a guy driving a Corvette... mysteriously, halfway thru the ad, it turned into a Karman Ghia and back to a Vette. I thought that was kinda funny

the kid wanted a sarong, so she could be like Grandpa... I had enough material to make us matching ones.Hers wasn't big enough to make it all the way around her, so I sewed a patch of material with stripes running horizontal instead of vertical... I accidentally made a woman's style one for her. No, I didn't know there was men's and women's. Wife sez,  men's have the same pattern all around, where women's have a counter-colored "stripe".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ceptorman said:

It was kind of peaceful 😁

Haha, I'm still considering the LA thing, fires are causing problems to LA County now, a couple of their huge jobs were halted.

Probably have to do a job in Ohio anyway on an outdoor kitchen.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Need someone to stir the pot, eh?

Missed being able to comment on things.

we're still 2  short -----Steve and his Brother  -----------Carl is in contact , the news are he's chillin out -

• Like 3