Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

Gentlemen pulled up in a perfectly restored Austin Healey 3000. Had the top down so I took a look...I could not find a flaw anywhere! Show room condition. One of my picks of vintage cars when I win the lottery.

In another life BM (before marriage) I had a Austin Healey Sprite, slow as a snail and really hard to find parts for, painted it and it was sold. The Sprite is really small, you can sit normal and roll up the other window without leaning over !

My all time favorite car was a Datsun 2000, I should have never sold it, it was the most fun car I ever owned. Really fast for 120 ci, overhead cam and 2 single carbs with headers from the factory, 135 HP with a 5 speed and it handled great. The next year, 1970 Datsun changed to Nissan, that's when the 240 Z started, the Datsun could hold it's own up to the 300 Z years later.

not mine stock pic

My favorite car of all time was a Triumph TR-6 Coco brown with tan interior. Never had one - couldn't afford it back in 1976 (which was the last year they made the TR-6) and now they are all rusted and impossible to find parts

The Triumph Tr-6 was my next favorite, my aunt had one, she was into little sports cars also, I just like the body style.

I really like the shape of the Opal, almost like a mini corvette but everyone said it was a real lemon.

I had bought the little Datsun 2000 from my girlfriends dad cheap and it was only about 4 years old and very low miles. He used it for SCCA racing and left it the garage the rest of the time, I was still in highschool.

Edited by dtel

• Moderators

Hammocks + Trees = Made in the shade!

Wonder how you drink coffee while laid out...

Easy, one of the places I have hooks for a hammock is off to the side of the bar so I just pull up one of the barstools and use it as a end table. It works great to hold all kinds of "beverages".

One reason for having hooks there is because the stereo is behind the bar and it has a place to plug in for AUX input. 15' monoprice cable reaches into the hammock easily, connected to a phone which picks up wifi for Pandora and Spotify.

I am practicing the art of relaxing and a hammock + drinks + music in the shade with ceilings fans blowing while halfway hanging over a pond is working really really well. This hut may be the best thing I have ever built ! seriously

• Like 1

Easy, one of the places I have hooks for a hammock is off to the side of the bar so I just pull up one of the barstools and use it as a end table. It works great to hold all kinds of "beverages".

One reason for having hooks there is because the stereo is behind the bar and it has a place to plug in for AUX input. 15' monoprice cable reaches into the hammock easily, connected to a phone which picks up wifi for Pandora and Spotify.

I am practicing the art of relaxing and a hammock + drinks + music in the shade with ceilings fans blowing while halfway hanging over a pond is working really really well. This hut may be the best thing I have ever built ! seriously

Sounds like an excellent setup.

I made the mistake of putting up a "new" hammock, a couple of years ago, and not using a heavy duty (weight capacity) eye bolt screwed post. After a few gallant swings on the hammock, to impress all that were there, I found myself on the ground with a major knot on my head from where the eye bolt shot out and hit me. Thank goodness no one had a camera handy.....

In hindsight, I suppose that I am lucky the bolt didn't shot out from the other end.... lol.

Edited by Boxx
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Oh that would hurt Boxx, your lucky you didn't get hurt worse like in the eye or other end.

I am using the ones that were in the poles, I think they are from the power company ? I just unscrewed them and moved to where I needed them.

The seem very strong, I sure hope so, that would hurt.

Edited by dtel

Weather wise a carbon copy of yesterday.....no complaints.

Making labels and packing up the BBX to go see it's daddy in California.

May get around to hanging the hammock I got as a present in the 70's.....still has the plastic wrap. May be dry rotted?

Second cup finished and thinking about going to the library to do volunteer work.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

You really put some work into being able to relax. Reward makes it all worth it! Sounds like a hassle free setup! Guess you keep some of those bendable straws on hand.Lol

• Like 2

Looking at a high around 80 here, nice weather. I should be getting the pad poured for the, I was able to get it all formed up last night. Anybody got plans for the upcoming weekend. For me its a 3 day weekend, but for the most of you its just another day the bank isn't open.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nylon will last, cotton will not.

That's true but the nylon sucks really bad because it does not stretch at all. We have one of each right now and the nylon was put between two closer poles like a chair, it's about all it's good for . When you stretch out to the right length and lay on the nylon it does not conform to your shape by stretching it just get's tight where it get pressure. The cotton fits your shape perfectly every time.

Neither have the spreader bar or as it's called "American style", the others are much more comfortable.

I had know idea of this until I tried them, my wife keeps telling me to throw away the nylon one it's so bad, I leave it out there and the grandkids play with it

• Like 1

I don't know where Omaha is

Most people don't, then when they actually visit they like it so much they move here. Coarse if I did't have kIds I would move to south Texas where it is warmer more through out the year.

• Like 1

*Tarheel,

Heard an interview with Sonny Rollins on the radio last week. He is sounding good and is releasing soon or already some other/new/old material while collaborating with some others. Guess music agrees with him since he is still at it. Sounding good on the radio blowin on his sax. :emotion-29: :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

• Like 3

• Moderators
I don't know where Omaha is

Most people don't, then when they actually visit they like it so much they move here. Coarse if I did't have kIds I would move to south Texas where it is warmer more through out the year.

But I don't have enough clothes to live there, two pairs of jeans and about 30 pair shorts. They would find me frozen somewhere during winter, the news would say another southern found frozen, you would think they would learn ! :(

South Texas get's hotter than we do here, they can be over 100 regularly, were usually just in the 90's with enough humidity to make it hard to breathe sometimes.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 3

Enjoy your trip MM....sounds fun! We need pictures :smile:

Grinding some Trader Joe's Beans in my cheap grinder. How does a burr grinder improve the taste?

Got a note from Spongeworthy.....he is back and under a different name. One of the few here that I have actually met. Welcome back!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 2

I've had Trader Joe's I don't remember if I liked it or not, I know it wouldn't be worth me driving out west of town to purchase it. Weather is awesome here the last couple of days. I even was able to pour some concrete last night for my bar. After mowing the lawn tonight, I will try to get it framed up.

• Like 3