Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

Appears everyone has checked in, all is quite here on the western front. (So Far) :emotion-21:

CECAA850, Good job :emotion-21:

Rhetor, Hang in there, been there, done that, male sure she has a TV with remote.

Tarheel, im NOT worried about, you have the best weather in the country at this time.

Managed to get into bed before midnight, good for a change, phone goes off @1am, FEMA alert telling me im on standby and asking what positions im available to fill,(Pilot, Driver, Logistics), just another day in paradise.

Think ill make another pot of coffee :emotion-44:

Wow! Thank is some rough schedule . . . maybe instead of just a pot, you can put your coffee in an IV bag and make it last all day when you get called!

TV with remote . . . check!

I should clarify, when FEMA calls, they ask what position i can do. (only one).

If i drank within the last 12 hours, no fly, no driving. Logistics, i just go to a call center, phones/Pc work.

• Like 3

Morning Gang

River Rat hunt cancelled due to rain/wind, dam, loaded the truck ready to go.

Ground up straight Major Dickinsons Blend, tasting mighty fine W/Fresh bottle of the Duggans.

Wife has been asking what do i wish for xmas, a bigger coffee mug comes to mind, her search starts today.

Coffee, Tunes, clean the cave?

Maybe this coffee mug will work?  

Couldn't get an easy link, but if you high lite and search it shows the Cup 

Giant Starbucks Mug For Sale on Ebay! HUGE 2 1/2 Gallon Los

Miller High Life may work for some.  Never cared for it myself.

On the other Hand.....

This would work for some people. NRPS_Panama_Red.jpg

Edited by Taz
  • Like 7

• Moderators
She is one of the world's sweetest ladies.

Wow, well thank you it was really just things I thought about from doing it, it was all new to me but when someone is dependent on you like that it makes you realize how it must feel.  When it's all over you will appreciate it more than you do now.

:emotion-21:

• Like 4

Wow, well thank you it was really just things I thought about from doing it, it was all new to me but when someone is dependent on you like that it makes you realize how it must feel.  When it's all over you will appreciate it more than you do now.

you both are quite the sons.  Biological Mom and Dad both died when i was 8.  Adopted Dad when i was 18 and adopted Mom about 6 years ago.  Was there at the hospital when she passed. A few days before, she had been unconscious all day, came to the following day. All five of us kids were there. I asked her if she remembered anything about the day before, she said no.  I said,  "I helped you the most."

I think by that time she knew not to take me seriously.

Now Elden -- go drink that fluid or take the pills, bend over and get that scope.  You have a wonderful wife and kids that want you around a while longer. 

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

Gave care to an uncle as he died from cancer.  I would not want to do it again for any amount of money.

On the other hand I would not take any amount of money to have missed out on the time I got to spend with him.

• Like 7

• Moderators
Gave care to an uncle as he died from cancer. I would not want to do it again for any amount of money. On the other hand I would not take any amount of money to have missed out on the time I got to spend with him.

I know and your right, I couldn't have done it for money, it would not have meant the same to me. I actually felt much better not being paid one cent, it really made me feel better about the whole thing, I just did it to help her, I think my dad would have been happy about that. 

OK enough of this :pwk_bs:  :P , I am drinking coffee right now, it's 11:45 pm, I know that don't get things back on track but, it is coffee and I do need to order a cable USB soon, so there ! :D

• Like 3

didn't they have a song Panama Red a long ago ?

New Riders of the Purple Sage

Here is a version of Panama Red performed at the 2002 "High Times Doobie Awards"

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 3

Morning all . . .

Went down into the basement and drug out all the Christmas gear. I have not looked in the boxes yet.

Looks like a tree is going up today. This is the first Christmas since 2007 we are putting a tree up. With an 8-year-old grandson, every Christmas we have traveled the 10 hours to be with him for Christmas. This year we are staying home.

I hope not all of the bulbs are crushed . . . they have had a rotation of speakers and audio gear stacked on them for several years! Ha, ha!

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 5

Went down into the basement yesterday evening to test out my workshop K-horns with Mom in the house. Kept turning the volume up a little, then run upstairs to ask Mom if it was too disturbing for her. Must have been up/down stairs 10 times. Each time she said, "No, not too loud at all. My ears gave out before her's did! Ha, ha!

Good for me . . . I can work down there while she is watching some of her morning programs on TV. Our TV programming tastes are somewhat different. ;-)

We do love watching a good movie together in the HT.

With Mom in the house and my wife together, I do not think I have laughed so much in years! Having a blast even through her physical struggles.

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 4

Went down into the basement yesterday evening to test out my workshop K-horns with Mom in the house. Kept turning the volume up a little, then run upstairs to ask Mom if it was too disturbing for her. Must have been up/down stairs 10 times. Each time she said, "No, not too loud at all. My ears gave out before her's did! Ha, ha!

Good for me . . . I can work down there while she is watching some of her morning programs on TV. Our TV programming tastes are somewhat different. ;-)

We do love watching a good movie together in the HT.

With Mom in the house and my wife together, I do not think I have laughed so much in years! Having a blast even through her physical struggles.

The last time I cranked up the Khorns downstairs one of the cats was doing a belly crawl across the floors looking for a quiet place.

S.O.L. there was no quiet place in the house.   :lol:

• Like 7

Mornin' folks. Still fighting the crud but improving. Thanks for sharing the caregiver stories. I was in that position many years ago and am grateful to have had the opportunity to be useful and of service. That kind of giving is its own reward. 2 cups down and 1 to go.

• Like 4

41 degrees and sunny.  Coffee done....still drinking the organic Mayorga from Costco.  Jake fed and walked.

Guitar lesson yesterday.  Didn't do much playing....just watched and listened.  Got home work.....learning basic chords.  Finger tips a bit sore.  Decorated the house a little for Christmas yesterday.   

LF and I traded emails this morning.  She is leaving Ireland for Italy.  Been eating well.  She is having a great time.....I would be exhausted.

Okay guys.....time for some Christmas tree pictures.  Mine is a crab pot tree if you are familiar with those.  Fold out with lights already attached.  Set up time less than 5 minutes.

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 5

Now I know:

http://www.crabpottrees.com/

of NC

GF has made around 3 variations over the years using the roundish tree bush plant protector made of wire. The 4 ends that are stuck in the ground, she tied and it is the top. Like the looks of the crabpot tree.

She was not familiar with  crabpot. Cool! :emotion-44:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

Now I know:

http://www.crabpottrees.com/

of NC

GF has made around 3 variations over the years using the roundish tree bush plant protector made of wire. The 4 ends that are stuck in the ground, she tied and it is the top. Like the looks of the crabpot tree.

She was not familiar with  crabpot. Cool! :emotion-44:

Thanks for the link billybob!  My wife bought the tree.....a 4 footer but I don't know where she got it.  I used your link and think I may upgrade to a 6 footer.   Very easy set up.

• Like 5

We got slammed with snow. About 16 inches and it is wet heavy snow. This is going to be a bear of  a winter. Cars were off the road everywhere last night. People just don't understand that four wheel drive doesn't allow you to STOP faster, only to get to a speed that ensures that you can't stop faster.

• Like 8