Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Just busting chops Earl,  You know I am very grateful for all the friendship here

Hey guys, I just finnished my 2nd cup and all is good. We are still here at the house waiting for the chimney cleaner to get here. We called late this year and they couldn't get here for a month.
Not much on the work load this week even the used car lot next to my shop have been slow.

The last time I was in England was back in 1988, when I was there I tryed to drive my uncle's car. I drove it around the block.......got it back to the house and said to hell with that. I'll take the bus and metro......lol lol
Joe.....the manual coffee grinding thing.....hmmm......I put the beans in the grinder and take my finger and "manualy" push the button lol lol :-)
Check in later.

My dad looked at me all weird with my percolator and manual grinder, I just told him when the elec goes out and he has to go without coffee he could come smell my fresh cup.............(I have an old pyrex percolator on standby)

• Like 4

Reading alot of nice things going on here/there. Enjoy!

Volvo part came last week, less than 5 minute job. Controller has bright  green leds.  So bright, almost distracting,lol.Windows all work now, especially driver's. Shoulder alot better, just a little stiff. Almost done with antibiotics for bite. They make you a little imsomniac.Nice to know if we want other parts for windows, they are available from Switch Doctor via Amazon. She always say I am a genius when I fix Volvo. Just happy to be able to fix some things when possible. Not that I get alot of points from her anyway for my trouble. :)

Now to adjust clutch on the cycle. Usually go to Nancy's sister for Christmas. Will drink more coffee before tackling homebrew discussion. Tried to address it last night but, kept on rambling...Traffic not near as bad as Sunday after Thanksgiving,this w/e.

Note to self: Make certain to get your homemade pies and turkey leftovers before coming back home this time.

Sorry, guess I still like to ramble on. :emotion-44:

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

Think I'll go make some cheese grits and a couple of fried eggs.....may share with the critter :o

Seems like the critters are getting smarter every day.  I was reading the thread on "Enjoying Turntables Without obsessing" and come to find out that the critter seems to enjoy this turntable without obsessing all the time. :ph34r:

dog on turntable.gif

Edited by Fjd
  • Like 8

Draggin azz today after an exhausting weekend schlepping through a dozen tree farms searching for the perfect tree.  Then the labor intensive task of setting it up and decorating it.  :huh:  Finally done and can just sit back and enjoy with night caps of spiked eggnog.  Typically use brandy, but finding whiskey just as tasty (if not more).   :P   Don't forget the can of whipping cream and nutmeg on top...and the occasional Marachino cherry!

001_zps0199c5a0.jpg

• Like 9

Draggin azz today after an exhausting weekend schlepping through a dozen tree farms searching for the perfect tree.  Then the labor intensive task of setting it up and decorating it.  :huh:  Finally done and can just sit back and enjoy with night caps of spiked eggnog.  Typically use brandy, but finding whiskey just as tasty (if not more).   :P   Don't forget the can of whipping cream and nutmeg on top...and the occasional Marachino cherry!

001_zps0199c5a0.jpg

A Charlie Brown Christmas :D

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 5

Very nice tree tnr.....I can see why you're worn out.  You have earned that eggnog! 

Carl I don't envy you on that procedure :wacko:  I've heard some of nurses will check out the equipment while you're out :o   They tie a bow on it if impressed.  If you don't find a bow......I'm sure they just forgot -_-

• Like 6

001_zps0199c5a0.jpg

May have to try that brandy nog drink. Love my eggnog.

Nice tree

• Like 3

​forgot my bank card at home this morning -- stop at this donut place to get a cup of joe before hitting the office and realize i don’t have any money -- scraped together $2 in change out of the car, which was enough for a cup (Hazlenut flavored).  Despite spending 20 years in the military--i girlie up my coffee with milk and sugar.  Gone are the days sitting in the Quarterdeck shack, drinking bilge water and smoking cigars (and no we weren’t supposed to smoke on watch).

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 6

Late evening, research/design/ordering boat goodies, cleaning up the cave, TV in the cave is kind of nice, i see/hear the news once in a wile now.

The taste of some fine coffee sounds good right about now... :emotion-44:

Outside work is pretty much done, waiting for our storm, man these news guys playin up the drama, idiots.

• Like 6