Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

While I set and wait for 4 gallons of water to boil, I will enjoy a beer.  What are the 4 gallons for you ask, American Wheat beer.  Wheat beer is one of the easiest to brew.  There are really only 2 simple ingredients Wheat Malt, and Cascade Hops.  Boil for about 30 mins to combine the 2 ingredients and sterilize.  Then into the furminator. Any Home brewers out there?  I have brewed  about a half dozen times or so.  I haven't done it in a couple of years as I was getting good deals on 1/6th kegs.  But my uncle is coming into town this next week, and loves this wheat beer I brewed from a kit.  So I might be getting back into it, I think after this time I will start to venture to all gain brewing.

Maybe I will start another thread for the home brewers out there.  

• Like 6

we have this place in town, where you can brew your own batch--they have all the equipment and ingredients.  You tell them what type of beer you would like to make and they’ll give you a recipe. You bottle it and they even make you labels.  My beer sucked … very bitter -- think i bottled it too soon. 

• Like 3

we have this place in town, where you can brew your own batch--they have all the equipment and ingredients. You tell them what type of beer you would like to make and they’ll give you a recipe. You bottle it and they even make you labels. My beer sucked … very bitter -- think i bottled it too soon.

My wife would appreciate that, as it typically stinks up the house.
  • Like 3

Good morning all . . . on the second cup of Starbucks whole bean burr grinded this morning. A good wake up call for my 2 dogs (and Mom's 2 dogs too) . . . They hate the noise and gets them outside fast for their morning constitutional!

Yesterday afternoon got the serviced the MINI Cooper for my wife . . . she starts a new job today. Also cleaned up the workshop and put new gas cylinder lifts on two office chairs yesterday . . . I was ready to throw them away because they would not stay in the up position . . . found a YouTube video on how to fix office chairs with the same problem--did not know you could do that until I found a repair video and order the parts last week. Then cleaned up the workshop in the afternoon and got parts at Lowes to hang three safety bath handrails for Mom today.

Lovely wife drug out the Christmas tree and lights last night . . . for me to put up. Not sure that will get done today. This is the first time we will be home for Christmas in 7 years. I hope I remember how to put it together. Where is a 10-year-old kid you can boss around and make do it when you need one!

Heading in for the third cup of Joe now . . . already tired of thinking about today's projects! Ha, ha!

Edited by Rhetor
  • Like 5

Morning Gang

Got up a tad early and have the pot brewin, im sure the wife likes waking up it being done once in a wile.

Monday.....Depot run.

Talk about town, is a real rain storm is coming by mid week.

Stocked the Cave W/Guinness/Coronas, drined 8" out of the pool, im storm ready.

Rhetor just reminded me, THE TREE!, Did not really forget, i always ask the wife if i can just pick one up at the Depot, no,no, she has these Oregon trees we go for every year, i really dont mind, we have lots full of those around these parts, besides, there is no better entertainment than a Tweeker W/Chain Saw. 

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

Wife's up enjoying her coffee in her Cave, im enjoying my cup in mine.

I open the door to her Cave on my last run inside, and ask her since im going to the Depot this morning, how about i pick up a tree?

She says she is looking forward the evening out at the tree lot and Pub........ :blink:

• Like 4

I open the door to her Cave on my last run inside, and ask her since im going to the Depot this morning, how about i pick up a tree?

She says she is looking forward the evening out at the tree lot and Pub........ :blink:

Do not go to the pub first . . . Your view of the perfect tree will be skewed.

• Like 4

She says she is looking forward the evening out at the tree lot and Pub........ :rolleyes:

Do not go to the pub first . . . Your view of the perfect tree will be skewed.

No matter the direction, we seem to have a Pub in the way.

We are buds with too many owners, most times they will not let us pay, owners are all over us being friendly and such, we just  just tip heavy. :rolleyes:

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

I think I want your retirement Mark.....pub visits and buying toys :)

Slept late 7:10.....on second cup.  Jake waiting for a walk with his legs crossed.  LF just emailed...on her way to Shannon, Ireland.  Just got their rental car....now to practice driving on the wrong side of the road.

Spent a quiet Sunday feigning interest in football games and watching guitar lessons via YouTube.  I can see how that may be a good way to learn enough to take a lesson with an instructor.  Finger tips are a little sore this morning.  Have an appointment with a guy that plays in a local band "Steady Eddies".

43 degrees and windy here. 

Thinking of selling a couple of tube amps/receivers after Christmas to make some room.  HK receiver and HK integrated (reworked by Craig).  May also sell one of the preamps.....Quicksilver or Juicy Music.  Don't need both.   

It's Monday retirees.....go on back to bed!

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Mornin' gang. Being sick has its advantages .... my sweetie and her daughter ganged up and got the Xmas tree up yesterday while I mostly vegged. Up early today and on my 2d cup. Think I'll hang with Baxter today and get some things done at home. Hoping this crud goes away soon... my music playing partner (guitar guy) is chomping at the bit to jam but I'm not up to it right now. Hopefully that changes very soon. Later .........

• Like 4

Hey guys, I just finnished my 2nd cup and all is good. We are still here at the house waiting for the chimney cleaner to get here. We called late this year and they couldn't get here for a month.

Not much on the work load this week even the used car lot next to my shop have been slow.

The last time I was in England was back in 1988, when I was there I tryed to drive my uncle's car. I drove it around the block.......got it back to the house and said to hell with that. I'll take the bus and metro......lol lol

Joe.....the manual coffee grinding thing.....hmmm......I put the beans in the grinder and take my finger and "manualy" push the button lol lol :-)

Check in later.

• Like 3