Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Anybody use a French Press for coffee making?

Thinking about asking the wife for one for Christmas, but I have never used or tasted the coffee from one. Though once, years ago, while I was in Paris, was this beautiful mademoiselle . . . wait a minute, that is a whole different story.

Back to the French Press . . . anybody using one?

I like mine.  Bought it years ago when I was into hand grinding the beans for each batch of coffee.  Wish mine was bigger.  Works well with already ground coffee too.

• Like 3

Afternoon gang

Well after three cups of coffee, brain is engages.

What the hell am i doing today? hummm, Nothing.

Thought about getting a tree later but the wife just called and likes Sunday better.

So im in the cave last night, it's been constant rain/drizzle for 14 hours, and what do i see? SKEETERS!

Big ones, in the Cave ! What the hell? So they breed in the rain now? 

• Like 3

Main bathroom's been in need of a gut & remodel for a long time, but the $ not there yet for a total gutting.  Been looking on CL for a couple months for something decent and found a vanity, top, faucet, med cab, mirror and two light fixtures for $135.  Floor needs to be replaced and leveled, but putting that off till the total remodel.  So today I thought, I will just replace the old pedestal sink with the "new" vanity, top and faucet, because we haven't had hot water in there for 6 months due to a bad hot water faucet, which I could not get apart.

All was going smoothly, and then SOB!!!  Mother #$%^er!!  Can't I ever catch a break??

What's wrong with this picture?  And, no, not the ceramic base.  Shimming the vanity out for that until new floor.  Big hint in picture, but may not be really obvious because a piece of the puzzle is not in picture.  Who will see it first?

007_zps35d2e481.jpg

Old pedestal sing removed.

006_zpsb7390a71.jpg

Edited by tnr
  • Like 2

Wow, very impressive Carl!  Took only 4 minutes!  Winner, winner, chicken dinner!  So when should I expect you to be here to help me out with the electrical?  I think the biggest challenge will be trying to get a new box in a few inches higher without having to open too large of a hole.  Drywall mudding is not my forte.  You think a small handy box will work?

Edited by tnr
  • Like 1

You think a small handy box will work

Yep.  Shouldn't be too big of a deal.  I just put one in during a bathroom remodel I'm doing.  The hardest part is fishing the romex down from the attic but you already have a drop.  Just kill the power at the breaker before you start cutting a hole.

• Like 1

Wire feed is from the bottom.  Two black wires, two white wires and a ground.  There are two, because it continues to feed other, right?  The light switch coming into the bathroom is on the right wall.  Could I piggy back from the light switch if I chose to put the GFI on that wall, and then just remove the old GFI and wire nut the blacks together, whites together and ground (separately of course)?  I think I would prefer in on the right wall, but whichever is easier to do.  Probably just moving it up from the original position, seeing as it already has a large box and a hole punched out at the top.

• Like 1

Morning Gang

Well everyone in this state have been complaining water, we got a little.

14 straight hours of rain from 7am yesterday to 8pm last night, have not seen totals as of yet.

First cup going well, to be followed by many more.

I see chuck is talking about his Organ again, it must be impressive.

Send picture of boat & motor...

• Like 3

Morning Gang

14 straight hours of rain from 7am yesterday to 8pm last night, have not seen totals as of yet.

Total rewire, Refurb/Redesign dash unit, install new everything involved, entire shop bench loaded with ebay items, weeks worth of work as soon as everything drys out.

Morning Gang

post-57941-0-11060000-1418429655_thumb.j

• Like 4

• Moderators
There are two, because it continues to feed other, right?

Correct

Could I piggy back from the light switch if I chose to put the GFI on that wall, and then just remove the old GFI and wire nut the blacks together, whites together and ground (separately of course)?

From the way you explain it that would be fine, but you would have to catch it before the light switch so the outlet stays on when the light is turned off.

• Like 1

Just kill the power at the breaker before you start cutting a hole.

You took all the fun out of it with that statement. :o

Kept the fun and risk in the equation. :wacko:   Didn't kill the power, but only used a small pointed drywall saw.  Good thing...no wires back there but there was a horizontal PVC pipe.  Luckily just enough room for a handy box.  Box installed.  O.K.  NOW I will kill the power.  I don't like getting shocked.   :wacko2:   I'm slow as molasses, but will get her done.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like a pontoon boat with no pontoons. :o  

I'd like to find a old pontoon boat in really bad shape cheap to redo how I want, were about 2 miles from a river, good party place. :emotion-19:  We rent them in Florida sometimes for the day, they are fun.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just kill the power at the breaker before you start cutting a hole.

You took all the fun out of it with that statement. :o

Kept the fun and risk in the equation. :wacko:   Didn't kill the power, but only used a small pointed drywall saw.  Good thing...no wires back there but there was a horizontal PVC pipe.  Luckily just enough room for a handy box.  Box installed.  O.K.  NOW I will kill the power.  I don't like getting shocked.   :wacko2:   I'm slow as molasses, but will get her done.

A little shock therapy is a good thing, it keeps you awake and paying attention. That last statement was how we ended up with our third kid ! :o  :D

Your doing good

• Like 2

There are two, because it continues to feed other, right?

Correct

Could I piggy back from the light switch if I chose to put the GFI on that wall, and then just remove the old GFI and wire nut the blacks together, whites together and ground (separately of course)?

From the way you explain it that would be fine, but you would have to catch it before the light switch so the outlet stays on when the light is turned off.

Stupid question...but I'm stupid.  I can simply take a single romex bundle consisting of one black, one white and a ground and wire nut them together in the old GFI box and feed it up to the new box, right?  Oh, BTW, that is with just moving it up from the original, not using the switch option.

Edited by tnr
  • Like 1

• Moderators

:emotion-21: Yes white with white, black with black and bare grounds together.

Your not stupid, better to be safe, stupid would be to not ask and just guess, but that's what breakers and fire extinguishers are for. :o

Edited by dtel
  • Like 4