Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Looks like a pontoon boat with no pontoons. :o  

I'd like to find a old pontoon boat in really bad shape cheap to redo how I want, were about 2 miles from a river, good party place. :emotion-19:  We rent them in Florida sometimes for the day, they are fun.

It is made by the same guys that make pontoon boats, this one is called a Hurricane and around 20+ years old, i think the farmer told he took it from a guy for $500.

Just keep in mind, no matter the boat, one statement stands true, "A boat is a hole in the water to witch one throws money".

Edited by minermark
  • Like 4

On the second cup of vanilla bean coffee.

Got the tree up and lights on . . . my star is drooping. (Will have to get out some duct tape and two Popsicle sticks to straighten it out.)

Talked mom and wife into putting the bulbs and stuff on today . . . my part is finished.

Mom was so proud of me. Said she was shocked, because in her 77 years, she never ever knew a man who ever put a tree up.

I never knew Mom was a sexist! Ha, ha.

post-29101-0-68060000-1418470941_thumb.j

• Like 2

You guys have been busy around here. I have been busy around here, wait that doesn't make since.  I have been busy with in my realm, hopefully that makes since.  Anyways downing the second cup of Joe, then off to my daughters choir concert.  I am so excited that my daughter has taking a liking to the trumpet and choir.  But between her 3 hobbies,(soccer, band, and choir) and my sons 3 hobbies(soccer, baseball, basketball).  They keep me extremely busy, if I changed my dinner time meals to quick snacks.  I would probably lose 15-20 lbs in a month.  Oh yea did I mention that no one volunteered for my sons basketball league to help coach.  So who is helping out, my wife and I.  Oh yea did I mention I know nothing about basketball, so our team is doomed.  Anyways have fun today folks, and if your out Christmas shopping don't forget to stop and have a drink.  Sometimes I do have coffee when I am out shopping, today I might stop for a cigar and a drink since I will be by myself. 

• Like 4

Belated good morning guys. On my 2d cup. Have a little work today for a client and then I gotta figure out what to get for my better half. Hate shopping but like to give stuff. Bad combo. Our Botanic Gardens does a spectacular Xmas light display so I got tickets and we're heading there this evening. Hope to be home early enough to crank up the HT. Cheers and try to check back later .....

• Like 2

There are two, because it continues to feed other, right?

Correct

Could I piggy back from the light switch if I chose to put the GFI on that wall, and then just remove the old GFI and wire nut the blacks together, whites together and ground (separately of course)?

From the way you explain it that would be fine, but you would have to catch it before the light switch so the outlet stays on when the light is turned off.

Stupid question...but I'm stupid.  I can simply take a single romex bundle consisting of one black, one white and a ground and wire nut them together in the old GFI box and feed it up to the new box, right?  Oh, BTW, that is with just moving it up from the original, not using the switch option.

The receptacle will have basically an in and out on the wiring. Be sure you wire it correctly or neither outlet will work.

• Like 2

Good job you electricians, tree decorators, and fish, boat, organ folks.

It is always nice when you are given a clue as to what your mate wants for Christmas.

For instance. I have been stiff of late and wanted a deep hand massage. :)

Viola, saw a box the other day with a Shiatsu back massager in a shopping bag.

Careful what you ask for... :mad:

Drinking coffee since 58... :emotion-44:

Wrestling with cables since 82...trying to quit... -_-

Edited by billybob
  • Like 4

There are two, because it continues to feed other, right?

Correct

Could I piggy back from the light switch if I chose to put the GFI on that wall, and then just remove the old GFI and wire nut the blacks together, whites together and ground (separately of course)?

From the way you explain it that would be fine, but you would have to catch it before the light switch so the outlet stays on when the light is turned off.

Stupid question...but I'm stupid.  I can simply take a single romex bundle consisting of one black, one white and a ground and wire nut them together in the old GFI box and feed it up to the new box, right?  Oh, BTW, that is with just moving it up from the original, not using the switch option.

The receptacle will have basically an in and out on the wiring. Be sure you wire it correctly or neither outlet will work.

Were you looking for resistors?

You might wish to look in on the thread you started.

Ah Ha, i see you did.

PM your address and i will drop in the mail whatever 1/4 watts your need, gold band NOS and no charge.

All toll i believe i have well over 10,000 1/4 and 1/2 watt resistors, left over from my repair days.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 2