Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

After two weeks of Atkins I have lost 3 pounds and recently have had a craving for pancakes (thanks Joe) or a pecan waffle.  So this morning I stopped by local breakfast place and had a pecan waffle with bacon and coffee.  Now feel like a slug as all those carbs and sugar take hold :emotion-41:

Jake was not his perky self yesterday but seems some better this morning.  Maybe over did the exercise Sunday.

listened to some good music yesterday afternoon.  Liking the DAC and Spotify premium.  I have made 10 hour plus play list for jazz, blues, folk, country, rock, and easy listening.  Dylan has his own playlist.  I also borrowed someone's playlist called "Blues Masters" with 150 songs.  Now if Earl lets me borrow his rap playlist I'll be set. 

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Todays diner menu, Dads Home made Quesi Dia's (I know it is spelled wrong and I dont care  :D ) one of the boys favorites, Lime marinated beef or chicken (tonight it is beef) with home made spanish rice and sharp cheddar on a flour tortilla grilled to put a crispy outer shell on the tortilla

YUM YUM :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Hi guys.  Been absent from the forum for a bit over a week.  Still digesting the sad news about Boxx I saw late last night.  Very sad and he was only 59 and in his very early retirement years.  I hate seeing this happen after years of hard work and success.  R.I.P. Boxx

Just got caught up here and looks like all is well and glad Aubrey is doing better.  Getting tired of battling the frigid weather here and going through a lot of wood, but what would you expect with heating the house with a wood burning stove.  Takes a lot of wood to maintain 60+ degrees when it dips down to -9 at night (-35 wind chills).  A different climate will be in the cards someday when I retire.  Need to feed the stove...stay warm!

• Like 5

Takes a lot of wood to maintain 60+ degrees when it dips down to -9 at night (-35 wind chills). 

I have to keep the thermostat on 72 or else I need a flannel.  Jeesh.  Luckily natural gas is pretty cheap here.  It's less expensive to heat a house here than it is to cool it in the summer.

• Like 5

Afternoon gang

Napped through the fog, nice.

Brewin up a fresh Pot of the Duggans enhanced Dickinsons Blend.

Belgian waffles & check the mail, may day is over, hope everyone's day is as light.

Lot of "Testy" threads going on lately, Cats, Cables, Khorns.

Hey that has a sound to it eh?

• Like 3

Of course there are pitfalls to deciding which to have to be shot by. The lawman Matt, or the good citizen Lucas. Would hate to be in the awkward :blush2:  situation afterwards, having to be asking for a misery shot. There is always the good possibility of Lucas shooting you multiple times, as is a sometime style of his. Or usually getting it once from the Marshal. :happy:

Nice cool day and wishing you well... :emotion-44:

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 13 Jan 2015 - 3:08 PM, said:

minermark, on 13 Jan 2015 - 3:00 PM, said: Lot of "Testy" threads going on lately, Cats, Cables, Khorns.

I can't figure out why some people can't appreciate animals climbing on and on your speakers :rolleyes:

Depends on the animal

post-9700-0-66620000-1421186657_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Mother in laws had a used spacemaker microwave setting in the barn, a little cleaning and some modding and we have a microwave installed again, No Baking in it though so no spinach pie for awhile :angry2:

Oh well, at least we can stll make those pancakes :D

does the unit come on and not cook or lose power I wonder?

Fixed a microwave by replacing fuse once. Of course a different unit than the convection also on yours.

The fuse was inexpensive from RS and involved removing cover to get at.

• Like 2

• Moderators
eth2, on 13 Jan 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:

It is so cold here your nostrils stick together. Now they are saying -10 tonight. Good thing energy prices are going down!

-10 that's just crazy, I will stop complaining of no sun an average temps this week at night of 40, days 55.

I would be like Mark and hibernate at -10.

• Like 3

So long as they are climbing on someone else's speakers & not theirs, it is none of their business.

Under normal circumstances I would wholeheartedly agree with you HOWEVER when you post a picture you have to expect opinions to be presented.

Note to all, I did NOT post in the other thread.

• Like 3

CECAA850, on 13 Jan 2015 - 3:08 PM, said:

minermark, on 13 Jan 2015 - 3:00 PM, said: Lot of "Testy" threads going on lately, Cats, Cables, Khorns.

I can't figure out why some people can't appreciate animals climbing on and on your speakers :rolleyes:

Depends on the animal

I could use an animal like in the picture, he, he.

• Like 4

Mother in laws had a used spacemaker microwave setting in the barn, a little cleaning and some modding and we have a microwave installed again, No Baking in it though so no spinach pie for awhile :angry2:

Oh well, at least we can stll make those pancakes :D

does the unit come on and not cook or lose power I wonder?

Fixed a microwave by replacing fuse once. Of course a different unit than the convection also on yours.

The fuse was inexpensive from RS and involved removing cover to get at.

No you could hear it come on and hum then a relay would kick out, my guess is the fan motor was locked up, the unit was in a 1991 diesel pusher motorhome and was the original at least as far as I could tell so its hard to expect it to continue working......................I usually get a kick out of dismantling these type things and repairing them but a 20+ year old microwave oven did not seem worth the effort

• Like 3