Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
BigStewMan, on 20 Jan 2015 - 9:26 PM, said:

recovering from a mild bout of food poisoning (saturday).  Stomach felt okay this morning until i drank a cup of coffee--that wasn’t a good idea (but, i’ll do it again tomorrow morning … because i’m a slow learner).

Ok so where did you eat to break up the del taco routine, should have known the switch would cause a problem.   :emotion-41:

• Like 2

BigStewMan, on 20 Jan 2015 - 9:26 PM, said:

recovering from a mild bout of food poisoning (saturday).  Stomach felt okay this morning until i drank a cup of coffee--that wasn’t a good idea (but, i’ll do it again tomorrow morning … because i’m a slow learner).

Ok so where did you eat to break up the del taco routine, should have known the switch would cause a problem.   :emotion-41:

got a salad from a regular old restaurant actually.  had them a million times from this place; but, this time it got its revenge.

• Like 4

Evening Gang

A day of Coffee and running cables in the Boat.

Speaker templates made for plunge router work in the morning.

This Evening iv been working on the dash trim, red oak, and the cave Reaks of the fine smell.

Ran out of bottled water, switched to Coronas.

Bigstew got the food poison eh? that sucks :blink:  iv been lucky for about a year now.

• Like 7

Got to clean some pot too.

Shawn still in ICU.

Love that Luizianne.

Tolerable weather.

Think hard about which DAC. That Teac is nice, but make certain it is compatible. New DAC's do have a burnin period, IMLO

HRT MS2 was decent. Read the II+ better 96 vs 192

Early to bed, early to arise... :emotion-44:

Mark is really Superman :ph34r2:

• Like 2

Hang In their Steve!

Trying to shake a cold that has lasted about two weeks.  Not bad but just annoying.

Enjoyed reading up on DACs last night. 

Jake walked and now napping.....again.  LF off to play tennis.

Drinking the third cup.  Life in the slow lane,

Reached my quota of likes for the day :wacko:

Cheers :emotion-44: Gents

• Like 6

Mornin' all. 2 cups down and 1 to go. Baxter and Jake need to have a 'sleep off.' We get up, he goes out, comes back and craps out on the sofa. What a life.

Gotta get me one of them newfangled DACs one of these days. Keep resisting the idea of digital audio on that level. Hell, I'm still shopping a new CDP and feel that's 'cutting edge.'

Thank you again for the pics, Gary. Cool stuff. Check back in a while.....

• Like 6

Mornin' all. 2 cups down and 1 to go. Baxter and Jake need to have a 'sleep off.' We get up, he goes out, comes back and craps out on the sofa. What a life.

Gotta get me one of them newfangled DACs one of these days. Keep resisting the idea of digital audio on that level. Hell, I'm still shopping a new CDP and feel that's 'cutting edge.'

Chuck I'm late to the party on DACs but must say I'm impressed with the one minermark loaned me.  I have a Jolida tubed CDP that I  rarely turn on since hooking the Dell lap top with premium Spotify up to the Dragon Fly DAC.  I pay $9.99 a month for as much music as I care to load.  I was listening to Miles Davis "Kind Of Blue" last night and it sounded as good or better than my CD or LP of the same album.  This has been the second greatest change in my system so far.  Speakers were the greatest change. 

Consider a relatively inexpensive DAC before spending big bucks on a CDP.  When I scrape up the money to upgrade my DAC I can send you Mark's if he doesn't mind.  Cheap cables of course :)  

• Like 5

Chuck I'm late to the party on DACs but must say I'm impressed with the one minermark loaned me.  I have a Jolida tubed CDP that I  rarely turn on since hooking the Dell lap top with premium Spotify up to the Dragon Fly DAC.  I pay $9.99 a month for as much music as I care to load.  I was listening to Miles Davis "Kind Of Blue" last night and it sounded as good or better than my CD or LP of the same album.  This has been the second greatest change in my system so far.  Speakers were the greatest change. 

Consider a relatively inexpensive DAC before spending big bucks on a CDP.  When I scrape up the money to upgrade my DAC I can send you Mark's if he doesn't mind.  Cheap cables of course :emotion-21:  

Yes indeed! that LiL Dragonfly should fly to the next member who wishs basic DAC knowledge, when your done with it,

Donated to the forum members to pass along. no hurry though, just when your done.

I waited 10 months before i saw someone with the DAC question, that just happened to be you Tarheel.

Im glad it works good enough to show people DAC's make a difference 

• Like 3

Morning Gang

55 outside heading to 60s+.

Boat workday and a Duggans run.

Mancave smells of fresh cut Oak, soon WattCo Oil :emotion-21:

Fabricated an Oak trim Pc for the top of the wheelhouse dash, (has two drink holders set in it) :emotion-21:

Wife has filed for her retirement, we planned next December, but she said she is done :emotion-21: Cool :emotion-21:

Will advance the house shopping in Nevada 11 months sooner :emotion-21:

• Like 4

Consider a relatively inexpensive DAC before spending big bucks on a CDP.  When I scrape up the money to upgrade my DAC I can send you Mark's if he doesn't mind.  Cheap cables of course :)  

Consider a relatively inexpensive DAC before spending big bucks on a CDP.  When I scrape up the money to upgrade my DAC I can send you Mark's if he doesn't mind.  Cheap cables of course :emotion-21:  

Yes indeed! that LiL Dragonfly should fly to the next member who wishs basic DAC knowledge, when your done with it,

Donated to the forum members to pass along. no hurry though, just when your done.

I waited 10 months before i saw someone with the DAC question, that just happened to be you Tarheel.

Im glad it works good enough to show people DAC's make a difference 

Thanks Chuck and Mark!! Guess I should give it a shot and stop my resistance to change. My better half is intrigued by the idea of storing and playing music via a computer and a DAC and she is usually right about these things. So..... please just let me know when it's available. I appreciate you guys. Thanks again.

• Like 4

Thanks gentlemen.  I looked at all recommended DACs and will give it some thought before I pull the trigger on a new one. 

Todd....Marley is a handsome boy.  I had Labs....a chocolate female and her daughter (black) who lived to almost 15 years.  Good dogs!

That just reminded me of a quick story.  October, 1989 (2 months into marriage), I went to a poker game and came home at 3:00 a.m. with our first chocolate lab, Alex.  He warmly greeted my wife by pouncing on our waterbed.  No, I didn't win him, rather a friend was renting a house and the landlord said he had to go.  Next day we brought him back, don't remember why...I think we were going out of town or something.  As we were driving away, Alex was looking out the living room window watching us.  A few days later we went back and got him & kept him.  He was just over one year old.  He needed a companion so 5 months later we got a female chocolate lab, Bailey.  They were pals.  Fast forward to 1994 and a chocolate lab next door (Otis) and Bailey hooked up and locked up.  Wham, bam, thank you, mam...litter of 10 chocolate puppies in January, 1995.  She was a great mom, and as hard as it was to not keep any, we gave a few to family members and sold the rest.  My dad took one to O'hare airport and flew him to my uncles in Scottsdale, AZ.  It was a lot of work but a lot of fun,  Sorry, maybe not a quick story.

• Like 7