Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

Gee only 99 projected, i feel better already.

Friday eh?

Maybe when the coffee is done and iv got a couple in me i can remember what i was going to do today  :o

Two and a half cups and NOPE, nada, nothing to do (or that i feel like) think ill head out to the Farm.

Should run the Diesel once a week anyway.

• Like 5

do you ever get used to the humidity?

It keeps your pores clean for sure.

I've lived here for 35 years and it just seems normal to me.  When I lived in upstate NY the cold seemed normal.  Your body goes through an adjustment period and you get to the point where you don't think about it.

I guess one gets used to it, but I'll tell ya that I had no problem adjusting to either altitude or dryness in Colorado when I came here many moons ago. After all these years, I find it stifling and hard to breath in a really humid climate any more and I've lived in both the South and Midwest. I love those parts of the country but try not to go in the summer.

• Like 5

I love those parts of the country but try not to go in the summer.

I can't go where it's really cold anymore.  It takes your body a couple seasons to get acclimated.  Short visits will tear you up every time.

I could learn to live with it. Yes, cannot take cold like I used to but, this sauna down here is unquenchable.

• Like 3

They are Genie Z135 aerial lifts

Duder, do you have to get in the bucket and raise it, as part of checking it out? Looks mighty high off of the ground.

Have seen a scissors type Genie, I think. They have a big one down in Tampa where I work on weekends, but do not think it is as high as that. Will look again for the model #. Guess you get used to the heights.

• Like 2

After living in Wisconsin and putting up with some -25 degree winters, I am quite happy here in teh South with the heat and humidity. We'll be looking for a place to move to in the Philippines when we visit later this year. Of course, there I will be dodging typhoons and volcanoes... :o

Bruce

• Like 3

do you have to get in the bucket and raise it, as part of checking it out?

Yes, but to be honest the z booms are the ones I won't take all the way up, or the 180' boom we have.  I have taken 120-135 up but my knees get to wobbling above 100'.  80, 60, and 40's no problems.  Yes you do get use to it, some have no fear right off the bat.  The tallest scissor I have seen is around 50'

• Like 3

do you have to get in the bucket and raise it, as part of checking it out?

Yes, but to be honest the z booms are the ones I won't take all the way up, or the 180' boom we have.  I have taken 120-135 up but my knees get to wobbling above 100'.  80, 60, and 40's no problems.  Yes you do get use to it, some have no fear right off the bat.  The tallest scissor I have seen is around 50'

I get wobbly knees thinking about it. :)

Climbed 40 foot ladder on a job before but, partner I thought was fearless and a little younger.

Then one day, I saw him take a hit off of a bottle of peppermint schnapps before a climb.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 2

I have used lifts similar to that only been about 20ish feet up and that was high enough, I had a great fear of heights as a youngin, but roofing and construction cured a good bit of it

monkey walking rafters on a 3 story house in order to set the peaks was fun

afternoon all

• Like 3

Good morning friends...........   :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  :emotion-44:  

Ann Callaway cranking on the outside deck audio, neighbors getting an ear full I'm sure !    Coffee onto my third cup, about to head to the back yard for some outdoor chores and catching up on some mowing / garden weeding etc.

Storms today, more humid weather and hot temps on the way...

Enjoy the day everyone.............more later......

.............Gary   :emotion-29:

• Like 3

Morning folks....oops it's after 12:00 here.

In from the yard....mowing, edging, blowing, gutter cleaning.  Shower felt very nice.

There are some beautiful rosewood khorns 2 hours from here in excellent shape for $2500.  Wish I had another music room.

LF is doing yard work at her place and then off to the pool.  Jake is "resting his eyes".  I'm thinking about lunch.

Have a great weekend retirees and cheese chasers alike!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

Morning Gang

Sat eh? good day to do very little, oh wait i did that yesterday.

Misc Amazon ordering, Crow T Robot work till it heats up, 90+ projected.

Fourth cup and waiting on Bacon/eggs. :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-41:

Ah, got it, time to crank a tune or two.

• Like 5

afternoon all

Hope we get to try out the Klipsch headphones next! :)

Afternoon all  :)

I have checked out the Klipsch line of headphones and earphones and I hate to say it but there QC is lacking at best, tons of stories about poor cables, failures etc... after short periods of ownership. Though there is a warranty who needs the headache.  

That said I would love to see Klipsch put the EFFORT into a nice pair of over ear phones.  To me it just seems they are attempting to take advantage of the head fi fad while it lasts (I dont blame them after all they are historically Speaker based and they do offer some of the best speakers on the planet)

I really liked the offer chad made of the loaners but alas in ear phones and me dont get along, after about 10 minutes my ear canals start itching and I have to remove the phones  :(  There were no overears in the offer that I saw

• Like 5

Morning Gang

Fourth cup and waiting on Bacon/eggs. :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-44: :emotion-41:

What are you listening to mark,  EAW ?? or MWM ?? or wifes K-Horns  :)  Been passively watching your sale of the EAW.s Big Ole Speakers are hard to sell I had a time with my Edgar Horn Titans and Seismic subs, ended up parting out the mid range cabinets and selling the top horns drivers and crossovers seperate

• Like 2

Morning Gang

What are you listening to mark,  EAW ?? or MWM ?? or wifes K-Horns  :)  Been passively watching your sale of the EAW.s Big Ole Speakers are hard to sell I had a time with my Edgar Horn Titans and Seismic subs, ended up parting out the mid range cabinets and selling the top horns drivers and crossovers seperate

EAWs at this time, in the last few days iv got those critters listed everywhere but the Bay.

Really do not "Need" to sell them, it's just that here in this house "The Mancave" it's either EAWs or MCMs, there is NO room for both.

The MCMs are out front in the wifes garage, and will stay there till these EAWs are out of the cave.

Ya got to remember these critters are 500Lbs, EAWs as well as the MCMs, when i move speakers, iv got to get neighbor(s).

• Like 8