Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning Gang

First cup of Ground Beans tasting mighty fine.

Nothing planned, Swapmeet/Corndog possible, last time there i ask just for the hell of it how much for a Corona?

$4.50, and the same for ANY Beer, no wonder iv never seen anyone walking around W/Beer!

Some touch up Upol yesterday@ sundown, at this point iv used 1 Gal, one "Kit", that is $114 for one stack of MCMs.

Worth it as far as looks, Brand new.

More Coffee time.... :emotion-44:  :emotion-44: 

• Like 7

gotta head to palm springs…want to go; but, don’t feel like getting ready to go.  i will because i have reservations.  concert reception doesn’t start till 6 and its only a two hour drive…but i keep thinking of all the crap i have to do beforehand…pack some clothes, get gas, haven’t shaved in a couple of weeks so better do that.

• Like 6

Mornin' guys ... was off yesterday and still catching up. Great weather here ... sunny with temps in 70s and 80s. Heading down to Colorado Springs today for a wedding at the Air Force Academy. Have driven by it hundreds of times but never went inside. Should be interesting. May go down a bit early for a trip to a great coffee shop in Manitou Springs (next to Pike's Peak).

JEF ... great story about your dad. Thanks for sharing it.

Cheers to all.

• Like 4

gotta head to palm springs…want to go; but, don’t feel like getting ready to go.  i will because i have reservations.  concert reception doesn’t start till 6 and its only a two hour drive…but i keep thinking of all the crap i have to do beforehand…pack some clothes, get gas, haven’t shaved in a couple of weeks so better do that.

Stew, quit yer bi tchin, standard OC lifestyle, you have delt with for years, keep your chin up wile driving through GangLand (Riverside), one thing you can count on with an OC lifestyle, it get's worse by the year, and if you do not have enough Drama in your life, Fret not, someone is ALLWAYS handy and can/will instill theirs upon you, and of course hold you responsable for their Drama......it's amazing i escaped alive.

• Like 7

Afternoon gang....

Just got caught up on the posts.....

The yard sale today was a hit..... It was alot of fun... Got home from the shop early yesterday and set up all the goodies on the lawn... I was out there till 9:00 last night. Covered it all up with tarps. 

I was outside at 7:30 this morning, I set up the EV's and my little Crown for some tunes.  By 8:00 the wife got my coffee to me and the 1st customer rolled up.... what's the 1st thing he goes for.......He starts walking past the things for sale to my EV's and was saying "oh how much for the EV's" .... lol lol.... I quickly tell him there not for sale and point him to the all the tables of goodies. 

Well like most yard sales... one or two might stop in.... then no one for some time.... then a wave of people stop in... then the wheeling and dealing will start..... By 12:30 or so I was really happy with what I sold... but I was still looking at all the stuff I would have to take back in to the garage..... Then two guys pulled up in an old Camry and some other guy in a F-150... These guys started checking out all the stuff and there was still alot of good stuff. For the next two hours we were wheeling and dealing. They loved the music... they were buying alot of stuff. So we were kinda wrapping things up.... and I looked at the tables of things I still had..... I said to the one guy..... Lets make a deal so I don't have to take this stuff back in.... He said I don't have any more room in the car... I said that's ok.... Lets come to a good number and I will tarp the stuff back over and you can get it later... He spoke with his buddy and the deal was done.... OH YEA....

Now, we did the deal.. he gave me the money and we shook hands.... then a few more people stopped in and they were looking at the stuff..... I looked at the guy that i just made the deal with and said.... "hey man it's your stuff sell it"... lol lol.... yea we were all laughing it was quite funny... 

This was a "Mans" yard sale..... tools upon tools upon tools and cool stuff ..... Two years ago I purchased the contents of a garage. This yard sale was the "left over" "left over" stuff. For the last two years Iv'e had four yard sales with this stuff. Iv'e also done a bunch of E-bay and CL... So today was the end of the stuff... Well I do have some more stuff over the lady's house I still have to get.... Like a 9" South Bend lathe that's still there and some other bigger items. She also wants me to buy the contents of the other garage she has.... we'll see..

OK.....well with pocket full of money I have.... I think me and the wife will get a nice steak dinner..... she did alot of work (NOT).. well she did the DJ part of the music today.... Yea was really a fun fun day doing the yard sale....

Wishing all a great weekend...

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Good afternoon everyone.

MKP, SO glad you were able to sell off your lot!   I was out cutting up MUCH cardboard in the garage and looking at all my PATHWAYS to get around the 24x22' space, it is just rediculous :o

At least I got rid of some huge boxes for some of my keyboard gear etc. and are all in neat, wrapped up panels for the recycling crew to take away come Tuesday morning... 

Other then that, getting ready to start up a dinner and relax over in RTM later with some music from the 'Hall' with friends there.... :)

Enjoy the rest of your day and evening...................   Diamond performance for me tomorrow (12pm to 2pm.) at a local fair....   Good times, a full two hour performance.... ^_^

........Gary

• Like 4

Morning gang

3am up eating Dates, hey sounded good.

67 and cooling down the Cave, i think we are in for yet another warm day.

Bass Bin still outside the cave, may shoot the sides as im not pleased with the "Roller Effect".

Time for a little more rest before starting a day of taking it easy.

post-57941-0-25280000-1442745289_thumb.j

• Like 5

Good productive weekend gents.  You guys are energetic except for Mark or "Napster" as I call him :rolleyes: But hey someone has to drink the Coronas and sleep.

Went to a large trivia party at the LF's club house Friday and I over indulged.  Yesterday I just rested up :wacko:

Feeling a little more spry this morning so Jake may get a bath. LF wants to stop at a new watering hole to pull for her Steelers at 1:00.  I am not happy to be watching the team who picked up the dog killer Vick :angry:

Cooling off here starting Tuesday.....ready for that but not for winter.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 6

Morning all....

Coffee is good...... I'm still stuffed from last nights dinner... was really good. Me the wife and My old shop helper and his wife... and I forgot but this time it was a free dinner for all of us.. oh yea...

We were all there last week and the service SUCKED... I mean it was bad... our regular waiter was not there... It was one of the worst meals we had in a long time... the food was still good... but when I go out to dinner I want to have a good time. The food is the main part of going out but I want to have a good time with the staff. 

So last week my wife called the steak house and spoke with the "main" man there and told him all about our meal. He said he wanted to do a re-do of our meal... Last night was that re-do.... our waiter was there...we called to make sure and he new about our meal from last week. 

We got this waiter a few months ago and try to get him when we go... He is a great guy.... he does the waiting thing part time, he is a sales rep for Yokohama Tires. We told him we have a shop and sell more Yokohama's than any other tire. He laughed and said he doesn't do the car tires, He does the big truck tires, he has contracts with trucking company's around MD, VA, PA, NJ, Del. 

Just talking with him I think he's one of those guys that makes good money and just like being around people. Well he's our man.

Don't know what I will do today... might do some stuff in the garage.... I got all these empty self's lol lol... or maybe cut the grass.. this might be the last cut of the year???

I'll check in later... wishing all a great day...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

Happy Sunday guys. Fun day yesterday at a wedding. Ceremony at the Air Force Academy chapel followed by a reception and dinner at  a mountain resort. Usually not a big fan of wedding parties but this one was fun. These kids did it right ... glad it was on someone else's nickel. :D

Gonna kick back a bit today and bbq late afternoon. Cheers!!

• Like 6

Good afternoon everyone.....

MKP, I love that story about your dinner experience and also about your favorite 'server' as we foodies in the NE call them AND they like to be called... Sounds like a great guy too !

Nice shed there Duder!

Ward, sounds like a fun project with your tape transfers... Wished you lived closer to me so we could enjoy a M.A.D. session here, would love to get your take on my hybrid 'vintage' system.....

We had our show at the local fair today, fun and relaxing, great crowd, two hours straight through, no intermission.... Came home around 3pm. too tired to unload the gear from the truck, so, I just came in and decided to fire up he audio and listen to some new recordings.... Got Spotify premium on the laptop, HDMI into the DAC then to the new CA pre. Using the iPad as a remote controller for album selection etc...

BIG glass of white wine poured into the dtel etched glass, relaxing, getting a nice buzz going listening to this one....

....Garyimage.jpg1_448.jpg

• Like 6