Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Each generation has their own "when I was growing up" stories.
exactly.  I related to my children that i had to get up a half-hour before i even went to bed and walk five miles to school, in knee deep snow--up hill BOTH WAYS. They didn't believe it.

Funny, i remember hearing this when young. dad ask me what i would do? told him i would not go to school.

Dad says they would come and get me, i seem to remember my respone to this was something like ,

GOOD, THEN I HAVE A RIDE..

• Like 8

I can't believe they didn't believe it can you all believe it :o I mean my pal Steve in flip flops up to his knees in snow.

They'd tell me, "Dad, you grew up mostly in Southern California--the sun shines almost every day."  I'd tell them, "well, it was sunshine; but, it was like snow to us."

• Like 7

exactly.  I related to my children that i had to get up a half-hour before i even went to bed and walk five miles to school, in knee deep snow--up hill BOTH WAYS. They didn't believe it.

Funny, i remember hearing this when young. dad ask me what i would do? told him i would not go to school.

Dad says they would come and get me, i seem to remember my respone to this was something like ,

Whenever my Mom would ask me "how was school today?" I knew that she had found out that i hadn't gone."  i would just tell the truth, "I don't know--I wasn't there." 

• Like 6

Morning folks.  A chance of rain today.  Glad I finished painting patio furniture yesterday.  Finished pressure washing front walk and back patio.  Overnight shipping by Generac on the new hose surprised me.

The Jakemiester has licked his front lower leg to the point the hair is gone and light bleeding.  I wrapped it up with gause and tape but he didn't like my work and tore it off.  Not sure what's going on and he has always licked that area but not to this extent.  Anxiety?  New meds?  (Glucosamine and Traumeel for joint pain).  Not sure.

No plans for the day.  TV on demand.......I watched a series called "Luther"......2 seasons worth.  Really enjoyed it.   BBC only interrupts with one commercial which is nice.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

"The Jakemiester has licked his front lower leg to the point the hair is gone and light bleeding"

Sounds like my first wife. Call the Vet, be on the safe side.

Are you saying you failed to call the vet and it turned to an issue  :D

• Like 4

Whenever my Mom would ask me "how was school today?" I knew that she had found out that i hadn't gone."  i would just tell the truth, "I don't know--I wasn't there." 

I was not going to go into this, but being you said that....

Iv posted this before, here is my "Enlightning" as a "free" child living with a Playboy Dad.

First day 8th grade waiting for the bus, i get Bullyed by some Jock.

Get to school, harassed by same punk all day right up to my first PE.

Stand-in parent acting as coach, no coach had been hired yet, small guy, about my size in fact.

50 kids lined up, this guy pop's off with "We have a Girl with us today" pointing at me, (i was a surfer, trying to be a hippy).

I poped off right back at him with a prompt FKU, he then runs to me grabbing me by my then twisted up shirt, my mindless response was to "Right Fist into face" and with everything i had. this guy flys backwards into brick wall with me in tow, his head hits wall, knocking him cold, dead silence behind me except i hear one kid running toward me, i turn around and see, here comes the Bully! i am freeing my self from this guys grasp, just standing up and see the Bully reach for me.

Again, right fist into what i thought was his belly, wrong, Ball hit, dead-on, Bully dropped to ground screaming, looked up. 48 kids scared to death looking at me. one kid yelled, you just killed his Dad! Blood yes, dead, no.

Left school, went surfing, dad and i called into school, told school he backed up whatever i said as well as 48 kids.

Never went back for 8th grade.

next year, military school, i liked it!

• Like 7

Breakfast Break, think ill chase it w/Corona

Bondo is a Resin Based product, so really it's the Resin aroma.

Growing up in and around Boat companys i think i smelled this for years.

Making my own skim boards and then surfboards in my dads 1600 SqFt industrial hobby shop.

Went on to Flare fenders on Vetts, build Dunebuggys, repair fronts of winabagos, Boats, anything glass for extra money.

If i ever come across a Oris horn, (or any horn) i could reproduce it in a heartbeat, thick or thin no biggie. 

• Like 6

guys, puffing is very dangerous. Alcohol not cutting it anymore? :)

took a huge whiff a brasso when i was in bootcamp hoping to cop a buzz -- felt like someone stuck a shotgun up my nose and blew the back of my head off….didn’t get high; but, got a headache. hey…i was 17 when i went to bootcamp…and i was only slightly dumber than i am now…i wonder if it was the brasso?

• Like 7