Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Afternoon Gang

90+ today, better, but still the heat slows my day down, need 80s.

Soo, Back for movies and Napping.

Smoke is covering or area, first time with all the fires we have been having.

Still alot to burn out there, we are not finished by a stretch, whole bunch of dry areas that are steep mountain/valleys.

Iv prospected all over in years past, there is major hiking involved and steep? yeah, like with ropes.

Mountain lions/bobcats/snakes, prospecting is fun.

Always went during the rainy season, less critters that way, and NO fires.

• Like 5

Morning Gang

First up, so grinding the Bean is on me, pot is-a-perkin.

Swapmeer excerise Vs Corndog is the plan.

86, smoke, 50% Hmd is where we are going for the day, 74 outside and poss rain here and there.

Pretty dam strang weather, 80s iv been waiting for, time for more MCM work.

Just walked to the house, we got raindrops!

Will not be enough for the fires no doubt, but raindrops enhance an expedite swapmeet deal!

• Like 4

1 Oil pressure gauge now hooked up and seems to be working in the 85 mercury, that thing is telling me 40psi at full operating temp  :o  I was thinking 20 would be nice  :)

will give it a couple days and see if it changes, if not I am thinking I have a high pressure oil pump in the old girl............which could be a good thing

Maybe they came stock with a high pressure pump ?? it is the same motor they used in the Mustang GT

Good Early Sunday Folks

• Like 2

MKP alas they did not include a tac on the Grand Marquis  :D  (probably something to do with its rep as an executive luxury car)

It was at idle which I believe is off I think it idles a bit high if I had to guess I would say 1000-1200

Where did you get that spec ?? I know you dont just happen to have an 85 merc sitting around  :D

Joe

• Like 1

Yeah, I play.dsf files with foobar.   I think the component I use is the DFF one.  I can verify some time this weekend.  I imagine it would run fine on Windows 10... I use it on MS Server 2012. 

I was wrong about the Foobar2000 component for playing .DSF files... It has been so long since I set this up I just don't remember and see that I am using an older version of the component for Foobar from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/foo_input_sacd/

There are some instructions about it here: http://www.msbtech.com/updates/dsd.php

They talk as if you have to use ASIO for your output but I use WASPI just fine.  

I'm certain that there is something else that I am forgetting about this but cannot remember what it is... if/when it comes to me I will give an update.

• Like 1

I received a haircut and beard trim myself. I feel like a new man.70d4c0ce2be8b50ca8474891dbf2dce5.jpg

duder is that really you? It's funny when a real pic is put up, I just connect eveyone with there avatar.......well everyone but you Mark....lol lol

Well duder that's more hair I have ever grown in my life......I'm 51+ and shave once a week.......but I am getting these crazy hairs that are growing out of my ears now... lol lol

Now this is scary, iv Mr Duder, he looks better than this......

• Like 4

I received a haircut and beard trim myself. I feel like a new man.70d4c0ce2be8b50ca8474891dbf2dce5.jpg

duder is that really you? It's funny when a real pic is put up, I just connect eveyone with there avatar.......well everyone but you Mark....lol lol

Well duder that's more hair I have ever grown in my life......I'm 51+ and shave once a week.......but I am getting these crazy hairs that are growing out of my ears now... lol lol

That pic was a while back, plus i am constantly changing my look.

35c849438b4f61ad7ef918c8c7485af7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

That pic was a while back, plus i am constantly changing my look.

35c849438b4f61ad7ef918c8c7485af7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Just happen to come across the pic looking for another post.....

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8

Hey folks... just checking in since I've been off for a day or two. Hope your weekend has been good. Laid back here. Met a group of friends for dinner last night and then proceeded to cheat on diet big time at Stone Cold.

Duder ... are those pics by Glamour Shots??

Later guys. Gotta get ready to cook.

• Like 6

MKP alas they did not include a tac on the Grand Marquis  :D  (probably something to do with its rep as an executive luxury car)

It was at idle which I believe is off I think it idles a bit high if I had to guess I would say 1000-1200

Where did you get that spec ?? I know you dont just happen to have an 85 merc sitting around  :D

Joe

LOL LOL ...

I read your post on my scan tool tablet and just jumped on my info system. I just looked it up. I guess it has a 302?

Yea that is a bit high for an idle reading...... Not that i'm a GM guy but some of those old V-8's went down to 6 psi @ idle.

imho....if ya got good pressure and the bottom end of that engine isn't knocking.....roll with it....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

WE are rolling with it for sure have no choice currently  :mellow: , Frankly the old beast is growing on me I have not had / driven a V8 in a long time, always been a fan of the 302 (great motor).....................she does have a little chatter sounds like the harmonic balancer ?? but it holds good pressure and idles smooth as glass

The only issue currently is driving down the road at speed it seems to have a miss, then you slow back to idle its smooth again, I am thinking vacuum leak, I had another fella tell me the base plate on the throttle body's were known to have internal cracks and that would cause the sputter at speed.  Dont really see how this could be an issue since that would be sealed with gasket on top and bottom of the plate. Im no expert shade tree at best

Good morning folks, boys on the way to school sipping some Chai Tea this morning Bit of a sore throat. Actually had to turn on the heat this morning dropped down below 60 last night  :D , Knocked the chill off for the boys

Later

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Weather be-a-changin yet again, extreams.

9 Fires going, two biggies are up around our area, im in the burbs, so the only thing fired up around here are the Neighbors.

Duder is looking well, Tarheel seems to be doing fine

Wardsweb is living the good life, and Tiger seems to be not far from the same.

Schanco and i are avoiding the BS, the Cult can amuse themselfs.

Joe, im gettin worried about you, keep it simple, take it easy.

Worker Bee's get your azz to the grind stone, two months i apply to be paid to party.

post-57941-0-20500000-1442238038_thumb.j

• Like 11

Morning Gang

Weather be-a-changin yet again, extreams.

9 Fires going, two biggies are up around our area, im in the burbs, so the only thing fired up around here are the Neighbors.

Duder is looking well, Tarheel seems to be doing fine

Wardsweb is living the good life, and Tiger seems to be not far from the same.

Schanco and i are avoiding the BS, the Cult can amuse themselfs.

Joe, im gettin worried about you, keep it simple, take it easy.

Worker Bee's get your azz to the grind stone, two months i apply to be paid to party.

I am taking it Easy, little stuff looks like alot  :D , stuff I would have done in a day now takes weeks  :(

Its all good, Its corn dog time (they sell some pretty darn good all beef dogs at Wal-Mart)

• Like 11