Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators

I grow a couple of containers of mint every year for mojitos....fresh mint is sooooooo much better than grocery.

Had a few mojitos a couple of weeks ago, a great drink when it's hot, very refreshing. :emotion-21:

Its even better when it escapes into the lawn and you mow over a patch and get that intense aroma.

Never tried that, but at one time we had it planted along a walkway, when it grew over the walkway and you walked by it would make the whole area smell good. Forgot about that, wish it was spring so I could get some started.

• Like 6

Tigerman

"Ok on the THERMOSTAT issues, I heard way back when, that if you run a too cool thermostat, the oil can begin to collect in the journals and galleys and begin to plug stuff up!  I think the mechanics can correct me on that one, but it is something I never forgot."

​That was Quakerstate Oil that did this (I saw valve covers removed from a mustang once where the guy religiously used Quaker, the sludge and build up was incredible he had blocked oil journals and required an engine rebuild / replacement)

In my younger days before computers running cars I had a gen 2 mustang with a 302 and a 4 core radiator that just kept overheating, it was a huge PITA I was advised to run a little cooler thermostat which did help and I have always used a 10 degree cooler stat since...........I dont get into the physics of it, Just one of my many quirks I guess...............Now on the newer computer controlled cars I know it becomes an issue, The 1985 has a brain but it is nothing like what we deal with in todays cars

Only thing that happens is the stat opens maybe 60 seconds earlier allowing the cooling system to circulate faster the engine will still reach normal operating temps 

• Like 7

Excellent Mark, but I think you are probably our best 'napper' on the forums  :o  :lol: ...

Here's to our 'Cocktail Expansion:emotion-46:  :emotion-22:  :emotion-21:  :emotion-29:

I know of no better napper than Mark  :ph34r:

No better way for health, work during the cool hours, no matter when they are.

Overnight smoke has drifted in for one of the "New" fires in the hills.

100+ today, so another day of "Napping" Farmers are the one's that showed me the way.

post-57941-0-86300000-1441971637_thumb.j

• Like 7

Reno Air races coming up next week, be the first time in 20+ years i can now, W/Guest, get in free.

Do not know if we will go or not as of yet, Dental must be under control first.

I own a Hanger now so 24/7/365 acess is no problem.

The way they have this set up is, general admin is $100+ or - (per 5 days) depending on seating, this will get you acess to miller/wine.

Pit Pass is $100+ or - (Per 5 days) and that is where the "Hanger Bar" is at, (real Bar).

Will never pay for this crap again. i like free.

Wife and i used to say it costs $200+ (each) for a BM.

http://airrace.org/ 

Edited by minermark
  • Like 7

"Ok on the THERMOSTAT issues, I heard way back when, that if you run a too cool thermostat, the oil can begin to collect in the journals and galleys and begin to plug stuff up! I think the mechanics can correct me on that one, but it is something I never forgot." ​That was Quakerstate Oil that did this (I saw valve covers removed from a mustang once where the guy religiously used Quaker, the sludge and build up was incredible he had blocked oil journals and required an engine rebuild / replacement)

The problem wasn't the engine temperature it was the Quaker State oil.  That stuff was absolutely horrible. 

• Like 4

Morning all.....

Ya it's Friday for sure......

Can't belive it's been 14 years since 9-11 ..... a day I think most rememer..... I know I do....

Coffee just about done, getting ready to roll to the shop.....used car guys are all over me to get there stuff done. The labor rate I charge them....I'll get to it when I can.....

The "new" name for the thread........ like it...

Ok gonna roll out....a good day to all

MKP :-)

• Like 5

Well it is Friday and I have survived a three day work week. Getting ready for the record show this weekend. Also, setting up my new laptop with JRiver and syncing all my music that is on an external 2T drive. I love that JRiver gets the album art automatically. It would take forever one at a time. I have just over 23,000 songs on this thing.

• Like 6

Morning all

Have a friend from high school that was trapped in a building next to the Towers for nearly 7 hours after the initial plane hit. Her and four fellow workers were rescued by a fireman that was doing search and rescue.

She as buried under rubble and suffered a fairly serious head injury that has resulted in her having memory loss. 

Every year she calls me trying to connect how we know each other...it's always a really tough call to take....but by the end of the call she is happy to regain the knowledge of why I'm in her contact list.

She calls everyone on her contact list.....every year.....

Freedom Isn't Free and Peace Isn't Pretty

NEVER FORGET - 9/11

• Like 6

Well it is Friday and I have survived a three day work week. Getting ready for the record show this weekend. Also, setting up my new laptop with JRiver and syncing all my music that is on an external 2T drive. I love that JRiver gets the album art automatically. It would take forever one at a time. I have just over 23,000 songs on this thing.

Hey Wards

are you going with mc21 ?? I have not seen enough to make  me jump to it although they are offering a special upgrade price

• Like 4

...Went to LF's house last night.  Read the manual and started her generator.  The battery was dead so I had to use the pull cord.  Ran pretty smooth.

We then unboxed 800 CD's she had stored from her move and put them on shelves.  My thought is that CDs produced before 24 bit recording sounds pretty bad.  I usually try to buy after the year 2000 or remastered disc.  Any thoughts on that?  Do you have quality CD recordings from the early to mid 90's?

Then went in and had one too many martinis and cooked scallops, salmon, chicken, and asparagus on the green egg. 

I find that remasters are hit or miss.  Sometimes they absolutely destroy the sound!  I am thoroughly disgusted with what they did to the latest Linda Ronstadt release "Just One Look."   It is AWFUL!  They managed to compress it even more than it already was and added a grating, brassy, metallic like sound.  More upsetting was that I had bought the expensive version from HDTracks.   I tried to find out who remastered this but no one seems to be claiming it... they should be embarrassed.  I am shocked to read some of the reviews on Amazon about how great the remaster is... I cannot imagine who these people are and how they are coming to that conclusion.  I was serious when I suggested that we get the names of these butchers!   I'd like to tell them what I think but I don't imagine they care... they certainly didn't care what they did to those songs.

• Like 6

Well, I found this: "The latest Linda Ronstadt compilation has just been released by Rhino Entertainment and is available everywhere. The two disk collection, "Just One Look - Classic Linda Ronstadt," contains thirty of her best performances, including most of her big hit singles, newly remastered in Hi-Resolution digital by John Boylan. "

• Like 6

Hey Wards

are you going with mc21 ?? I have not seen enough to make  me jump to it although they are offering a special upgrade price

I installed 20 on my new laptop and it worked flawlessly. Then I installed 21 and pointed it to the exact drive 20 just indexed. I'm having a hell of a time getting 21 to get the cover art. First I did a plain import with "get artwork and build thumbnails". That didn't work, so I did a library backup in 20 and restored it in 21. The music files showed but again no artwork. Right now working on a second import over the restored library to see if the artwork appears. So far, I'm not very impressed with 21. The up side is I still have 20 that works great.

• Like 7

Hey Wards

I installed 20 on my new laptop and it worked flawlessly. Then I installed 21 and pointed it to the exact drive 20 just indexed. I'm having a hell of a time getting 21 to get the cover art. First I did a plain import with "get artwork and build thumbnails". That didn't work, so I did a library backup in 20 and restored it in 21. The music files showed but again no artwork. Right now working on a second import over the restored library to see if the artwork appears. So far, I'm not very impressed with 21. The up side is I still have 20 that works great.

This is exactly why I planned on waiting, Sorry you are having trouble but I do appreciate you being the ginny pig, Now I know for sure there are bugs that need work (not like j river was advertising stating "hey we still got some bugs to work out but we will get around to them") :)

• Like 3