Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Dang Carl, looking good! Time to relax today though from your labor...please,lol

Dang, I am hungry! Talking butts last night. Steaks if I want to go over to friends later. Love spinach quiche...bisque looks good too.

Resting from my weekend hard labor... :) 1 beer in fridge so, good to stay.

• Like 6

• Moderators

My wife said this was a good DIY project.  I told her hanging a picture or painting a wall was a good DIY project.  This is like contractor work.  I can't imagine how much someone would have charged me to do all this.

The price would be shocking.

It's looking good, looks really big for a bathroom from 1975.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Evening guys....

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day......

Carl my man that looks awsome......yes I think your are right.....that's some contractor work for sure.

We just had our main bathroom done, it's not a big bathroom....but all new tile, new floor, new sink and cabinet and fixtures. We re-used the toilet and tub they were in good shape. But that cost us a good bit. It dug into my side-job money.....damn house.....

Like I have said "I don't do house" ...... me use a paint brush or roller.....I'm not qualified......now I have replaced a light bulb......once.....and yes I did hang a picture.....once......

I tell ya I just don't like it.....

So we didn't do a lot this weekend......today me and the wife drove to Lancaster P.A. today. It was a nice drive. I found a hood and a ECU for my Suzuki Samurai's. I've been sharing one ECU for two trucks, so now I don't have to unplug and swap it out....the hood is for a truck I'm getting ready to sell.....should bring some good money when it's done.

On the dive back home we stopped into a good steak house that we go to in York P.A. ...... So yea it was a good day....

OK....I'll check in tomorrow.......back to work....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

its too damn early to be up, joey up at 3:30am throwing up, seems chipper now ?  Hoping we dont get a call from the school saying come pick him up............Told Joey if he feels sick raise hand and tell teacher, & if they ignore him to get up and hurl on there desk

Good Morning folks

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 6

Morning gang, working on the first cup and breakfast burrito.   Sounds like the bathroom is coming along Carl, sounds like everyone had a good weekend.  I ended up going camping with the kids Saturday night, while the wife stayed back to do some quilting.  She joined Sunday night, when we had dinner for some of my dad's side of the family, nothing special just smoked brats and smoked hamburgers.  Yesterday, we went to my mom's where I grilled some t-bones, yup they were good.  Well time to get back after it and remember not to wear white for the rest of the year.

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Starbucks Breakfast Blend W/Duggans.

Get to visit my second fav place in the world today, Rocklin Hydraulics, engineers, real one's, fluid dynamics and we aint talkin coffee. Farmer bud gave me a Pump needing service so that will be my Tuesday.

Worker Bee's your break is OVER till Turkey Day.

And we all know what day it is>

post-57941-0-24300000-1441714020_thumb.j

• Like 9

Two cups and time to get Tuesday going.

The weather here will suck for the next few days, i will NOT be coating the MCMs in this kind of weather.

70 in the cave w/fans, will close it up in an hour, Cave will get no more than 80 by 7Pm tonight, insulated like a 711 Reffer unit.

Glad i spent the extra dough when building the Cave. will NOT do A/C in here, this house is not a keeper.

• Like 9

Mornin' all. Hope your weeked was good.

Carl, that's very professional looking work. Nice job!

Cleaned up some new-to-me old vinyl yesterday and really enjoyed it. (Spin Clean is a fairly cheap and effective tool). Ranged from Tanya Tucker to the Stones. Fun stuff. Finished the day with mesquite grilled ribeyes and a movie.

Will try to check back later. Cheers to ya'll.

• Like 8

morning all

Had a fantastic weekend...lots of people in St. Augustine this weekend...and probably the best firework show I've seen outside of NYC NYE.

Score of the weekend (I think).....

Ran to TJ Maxx with the wife on Saturday. I usually find myself browsing through the kitchenware and t-shirts. I found myself looking at the kiosk of earbuds and noticed what appeared to be a very nice box at the bottom covered with other stuff. I dug it out and found that it was a set of TDK ST800 headphones.

sc_B00493QWB0-01.jpg

The build quality is really nice on these and they have a nice little in-line EQ/amp that runs on 2 AAA batteries.

I'm looking them over and grab my phone and look them up and find that they originally had a MSRP of $300.

I turn the box over and the price tag said $29.99

Wife looked at me like I had seven heads when I tossed them into the cart.

Got them home and ran them on my laptop for 24 hours to burn them in.

Listened to them for a good 4 hours last night.....I think they sound outstanding....and for $30....I'm super happy.

• Like 6

Tuesday Morn going well

Got the Cave down to 68, it's all good.

Just had to watch these hack weather people, oh yeah, the heat is on...dam.

The cool down was friday, here is ONE hour later, same guy, same channel.

These people are Cons.

post-57941-0-31860000-1441723050_thumb.j

post-57941-0-02660000-1441723525_thumb.j

Edited by minermark
  • Like 8

My wife said this was a good DIY project.  I told her hanging a picture or painting a wall was a good DIY project.  This is like contractor work.  I can't imagine how much someone would have charged me to do all this.

An arm and half a leg. :)  Dang Carl that is looking really good. And a contractor would probably not be as meticulous. I'm so anal I would paint behind the cabinets.

• Like 7

• Moderators
The cool down was friday, here is ONE hour later, same guy, same channel. These people are Cons.

They are just guessing, it will say 20% chance of rain, clouds build up and rain covers most everywhere within 50 miles, they change it to 90% an hour later. I think they sit by a window and watch and make a guess.

• Like 7

Good evening coffee people......

Sorry Mark, this worker bee has Columbus Day off, THEN Thanksgiving ^_^ ...

We broke a record with OUR heat and humidity today.........95 degrees and very juicy out there, nice 74 in the house per usual, we don't suffer inside for an instant.........got central, and we use it :cool:

Goes on in May, and STAYS on until early Nov. as we still get some warm days during late fall...  Don't care for the dust and pollen in the house either, especially in the spring... :)  Well, that is what suits us, I know it is not for everybody, but why suffer when I can afford not to ?   :unsure:

Duder, sound like you and family are having a great time :emotion-21:

Ok, back to cooking.........dinner time here in the east..

..............g

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 5