Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning everyone................ :emotion-44:

The M.A.D. was a success, outside of the new preamp switching the input from the Sony BluRay to a BALANCED input from my fumble fingers on the remote which sent us into a tail spin of a hunt to why the Sony was playing and we were not hearing anything.   Caused for a complete reset of that gear to no avail.   Then, Pezz and I started going through the menu on the Azur and he spotted the balance input highlighted for the Sony!   Good save.   We were back in business.

Earlier, I had opened a SEALED Jimmy Smith greatest hits 8 track, and THAT sounded great!, when the track switched to #2, we heard about 15 seconds of music and then it stopped.   Pezz called for me to get up and STOP it before it ate the tape!   DAMN, if that didn't happen.  Photos from that event are all up on RTM.   

What happened there was NOT the fault of the player, but the tape itself.   The magnet signal tape adhesive had dried out, so, it got pealed off the tape and then was jammed in the pinch roller!   The tape came apart at that point, Pezz tried to save it, but no good.   I was thinking I could put it on a reel and play it that way, but I we decided we would hear TWO tracks at once unless we played only one channel at a time.

It was nice to see a few members from C&C stop by for a visit in RTM and play a selection or two of their own :happy: .

OK,  it was a great 8 or so hours of listening, next one will be held in Rhode Island :emotion-21:

Breakfast is about to start, and for the first time, my sister will be driving up and joining us for fresh pancakes, sausages and coffee :smile:  

Enjoy your Sunday my friends.... :emotion-29:

...........Gary

• Like 4

Morning Gang

Weather Flakes were stating, 90s, bumped it up over night...Geesh.

Well not much planned for the day so i told the wife we should hit the swapmeet walk again.

3 mile walk after a Corndog has got to be healthy.

Saw some nice Bose out there yesterday from a guy who is there every week, he seems not to be able to sell them, is anyone is interested?

Looks to be a good week to squirt Upol finish on the MCMs, two/part finish loves the heat for cure.

Coffee time, cup two.

post-57941-0-63660000-1441547751_thumb.j

• Like 7

Hey gang....

Havn't posted in a couple days.....

Just got caught up on posts.....

I see everyone is going there thing.....keep it up.....enjoy the long weekend....

Not doing to much....staying out of the shop...I'm alittle burned-out on the shop....need a break for sure..

OK...just wanted to check-in and say "hey" and enjoy the looooong weekend....

Take care my buds.......

MKP :-)

• Like 7

is there any pharmacy on earth worse than Wal-Mart

Scenario, Put in script on thursday, get told we dont have enough but it will be in this afternoon,

Me: Can I call to check status ?

Mart:  No Problem

Me: great have a nice day.

Me: call at 2pm

Mart: Not in yet

Me call 5pm

Mart: its in and will be ready to pick up at 7pm

Me OK

7:30 pm tell wife give them a call and make sure its ready, wife asks why they said .....................Please just call

Wife calls and looks confused keeps asking the girl to repeat, I get the phone

Mart  You need to come in and stand in line if you want it, It has been a busy day

Me is it filled

Mart: you need to come in and stand in line if you want it

Me is it filled and ready for pickup

Mart: No you need to stand in line

Me I will pick it up another time good bye

Sunday

go to Pharmacy, attendant rings it up and its 10.00 higher than just 30 days ago, ask attendant did you use my pharm card, yes well its 10.00 higher can you please double check, gets snippy snatches up the bags and carries it to another worker they have a conversation i hear her say I told him, the bags lay on the counter for a few minutes, get carried to a 3rd person where a conversation takes place out of sight few minutes later bags return with attitude the price is the same

so paid 10.00 more and got attitude for having the audacity to ask someone to double check (I was the sole person in line so they were not busy) some people are very lucky murder is illegal :angry:  

• Like 9

WOW Joe, what a pharmacy story!   Chris has had similar issues with a local CVS !   Drive up window after it was to be ready, "come back later, not ready"    Drive away, do some shopping, come back later............ended up waiting for it out in the parking lot rather then drive back home!!

Ok, cleaning up kitchen after a lovely breakfast with sis and Chris, and will go onto visiting a neighbor that wants me to do some landscape lighting for their  beautiful home..

I will check in later...............MORE music tonight from Music Hall, but solo, no guests............anyone can stop by RTM and check out what we are playing, HELL, join in if your not busy :D  :emotion-29:

.......................Gary

• Like 7

Perhaps this will give you an idea of the pharmacy issue from the other side....my daughter is a pharmacist for CVS, and has been for 12 years.  She fills over 700, yes, 700 prescriptions PER DAY.  Now, I would like you to think about your job, or your....whatever it is you do, and think about performing 700 separate tasks every day, some of which involve highly regulated items which must be manually checked at least twice.  Then, interface with customers, answer questions, answer the phone, talk to doctors, try to figure out the insurance company issues.......etc, etc. etc.  It's not easy.

• Like 6

Got in at 5 this morning, read a couple of things here and will be leaving for my repeat a little bit later.

Coffee tasting good...6 hour sleep good enough. Got me a fresh cup last night, black. Less said... :)

Hope it leaves no scar Gary!

Pharmacists are good people. Culture of Walgreens and CVS much nicer, in my experience. Smiling

And helpful.

Edited by billybob
  • Like 5

This last maybe. Do not fall for the working on Labor day rap. It is a day to rest and think about coffee and cables and speakers.

Not the version of these people who never did a day of work in their life... :lol:

Update: Scanner is not in my vocabulary. They want to say something but, then I remind them I am leaving.

Throw me under the bus, let them do the job without moi...lol

Edited by billybob
  • Like 7

Perhaps this will give you an idea of the pharmacy issue from the other side....my daughter is a pharmacist for CVS, and has been for 12 years.  She fills over 700, yes, 700 prescriptions PER DAY.  Now, I would like you to think about your job, or your....whatever it is you do, and think about performing 700 separate tasks every day, some of which involve highly regulated items which must be manually checked at least twice.  Then, interface with customers, answer questions, answer the phone, talk to doctors, try to figure out the insurance company issues.......etc, etc. etc.  It's not easy.

totally understand the pharmacist is busy and has a task, and I am understanding of that which is why I just wait another day.....................What I dont excuse is the attitude At the end of the day most people know what there job entails and they choose to perform that job for one reason or another if it is to much for them to handle in a professional manner then I submit they look for a new line of work.  It is not the customers fault they are doing what they are doing, it is however the customer that pays them and keeps them employed

Oh and my work was federally regulated as well and I inspected 1000+ parts nightly which I had to sign for and if an accident happened it was my finances and freedom on the line if I failed to perform according to regulations  :)

• Like 6

Good evening all...

18:22  my time...It's awesome to know its Sunday and I can have a few because I dont work tomorrw.

I did a complete (Clean Installl) of Windows 10 Home on my Asus Q302LA 2 in 1 laptop....Why???? To get rid of all the Asus Bloat-Ware.

Was it worth it???? Oh hell Yeah....Just makes me feel bettier I had a bit of control over the insatll...

It's funny I couldn't find the chipset drivers for the Intel Core i5-5200U on Intels website....I had to go to Asus and download the chipset drivers for Windows 8.1....Hey they work :D :D :D

• Like 4

Good evening Steve.............  Hmmmm, I had NO issues with my new Toshiba laptop.... went from 8.1 to 10 seamlessly...    Pentium quad core here....   i7 on the Dell....

I didn't have any issues either...Went from 8.1 to 10 Home without a glitch...I thought it best for me to do a complte clean install....Thats what I did....

If you by a PC or laptob from say NFM, or Bust Buy or whatever, you most likley are getting the crap that comes with it. Doing a clean install gets rid of the crap...

• Like 5

• Moderators
If you by a PC or laptob from say NFM, or Bust Buy or whatever, you most likley are getting the crap that comes with it. Doing a clean install gets rid of the crap...

They do tend to add tons of junk and try to make you think they are doing you a favor, most will want you to pay for a better version later or it's never used, good job.

• Like 5

Good morning coffee lovers............ :emotion-44: :emotion-44:

Ok Steve, now I know what you are talking about....   I have found that this machine came with some games and a 'few' things that I will never use also...   I was thinking of just removing them when I get a chance to do some house cleaning in Control Panel.  But yeah, I am sure it is taking some space up on the HD :wacko2:

Ok, Labor day!  Getting ready to start the breakfast, then more music practice for tonight's rehearsal.    We are doing a split show on a MAJOR outdoor stage...   (Eastern States Exposition Fair)  Heavy hitters play at this event which lasts 3 weeks starting the end of this month.  

So, we are a backup band for an hour show of mixed music from Country to 50ies rock! (guy and gal duo)  So, I spent most of the day yesterday learning FOUR Shania Twain tunes for the gal who is coming to this evenings rehearsal.  It will be the first time going over these with the band AND meeting her.   :emotion-29:

Second half of the concert will be OUR Neil Diamond show per normal but cut in half...   Wed, a FULL show at an outdoor venue/car show combo.   Busy month....!     I will have some VERY exciting news to share with you all for an epic event coming up in April :D

that we JUST learned about a couple of weeks ago.

OK, enough...........it is time to start the Melitta in the perc. and get the breakfast going.

Enjoy your morning my friends :emotion-44:

• Like 5