Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Morning gang, three cups down

Sancho, i hope things improve for Jackson.

Mark, it looks like your mwm's are coming along.

Carl, hows the bathroom project coming?

Believe it or not we wont be camping all weekend, just on Sunday. I know it doesn't make since, but between the kids sports and camping. The wife and i had been neglecting things we need to do around the house.

So tonight she will finish painting the laundry room, hopefully before the new washer and dryer show up.

Yes ladies and gents i will between tonight and tomorrow morning i will be running all sorts of cables. Speaker cable for the garage so i can utilize the 2nd zone of up stairs receiver and some cat6 for a fellow tomorrow.

Well got to run, so i can knock out the work early, that way the rest of the day will be a breeze.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Carl, hows the bathroom project coming?

I'll post some pictures eventually.  The floors are done.  The walls have been spray textured (what a mess).  Everything is pretty much painted other than the trim.  The cabinet bottoms were set on Wednesday and need to be painted.  The granite guys came over last night and took measurements.  Last weekend I set the shower valve in the wall and framed up the shadowboxes and this weekend I plan on finishing Durocking the enclosure.  Tile for the shower got ordered last weekend as well and should be here next week some time.  I'll be glad when it's done but I still have a lot to do. 

TGIF my friends.  3 day weekend coming up.  WOOT!!

• Like 7

Morning Gang

Ahh, it's Friday, well it's friday everyday day here.

Nothing planned, Little MCM work later, Fresh Batch of Upol finish should be in Monday or Tuesday.

Maybe a Fram run, Need Duggans.

Wife up early firing up the CrockPot, wonder what she hes in mind? hummm.

post-57941-0-23000000-1441374006_thumb.j

• Like 7

Mornin' guys. All is quiet on the homefront and should be an easy day. Baxter is crapped out on the sofa.

We do have some feebie tics to the Colorado Rockies game tonight and it will be fun to watch. Some day we might even get a real MLB team here.

Will try to check in later. Cheers to all.

• Like 7

Dinner and movie night for the LF's birthday.  Veal Picatta, salads, and good bread.  Bien!  Movie was good, Redford and Nolte were great together.  Did not see any AT trail that I recall from 2006. 

Break from mowing the yard.  LF riding her bike.  Breakfast with the old geezer friends.  One of the young waitresses told one geezer he had a "little tude".  I had not heard that line before so now I call him "Lil Tude"  as his new nic name.  He is short and doesn't like it.

Gary.....again I wish I could join you guys.  My listening bud bluesboy moved to the west coast and the only other member has not responded to my invitations.  I cant even remember is name anymore.  Do remember he is a pharmacist.

Pictures guys......should be seeing a bathroom pic, grand child pics, and preamp pics and review.

Back to the mowing.  Oh yeah.....Jake got a bath yesterday.  Smelling better :smile:

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 6

• Moderators

Look at those monsters, it's exactly why I built 4 singles.

I helped move a pair like that once and it's no fun.

That's why those handles will stay on them, i can roll them around, finish the sides then get a neighbor to assist in loading them and truck them around to the back yard for squirting, let-em set for a day, then into the Cave garage door.

The oak singles I built for inside do not have handles and are a real pain to move, they have only been moved forward once to clean. It's been years, should be pretty funky back there ? :) But it's either chance a hernia or dust behind them so the dust will grow.

The two original singles used to copy dimensions to build the others are used outside. Those two are painted with black house paint and have handles bolted on the sides, they are also sitting on a wood frame with casters for moving around. The frame can also be scooped up with forks on the front of the tractor to move them around the yard. 

post-9700-0-75360000-1441381937_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6

Hello everyone....... Well, looks like photos and reports are expected from some of us, and I will deliver tomorrow. Laptop for listening to streaming via HDMI and DAV, and iPad for photos, reports and communication with C&C and RTM once things get underway (0;

Here at the college, relaxing with some lunch (red roasted potatoes from last night) and tuning the organ which is up in the HOT attic, but the job is almost done, then back to the shop to complete the day....

May take a photo and send along...

........more later ;0)

.......Gary

• Like 6

• Moderators

Just wanted to post this here to make sure all of you see this.  Please take a minute to read through the thread and leave your comments.  You are not obligated to attend, we are just trying to get a tentative head count.  

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/158673-tentative-attendee-list-for-april-gathering-in-hope-ar/page-2#entry1919973

Thank you all and hope to see you there!

• Like 6

Dtel, I want four of those by next weekend Please...

Tigerman, enjoy, your listening.

Jackson get well.

Duder, do it anyway, camping that is.

Will not be working on Labor Day as against my religion.

Will park the company car besides I-10 and hitch hike on in to the timeclock and punch out.

By 12:00 AM Monday will not be back in to finish route.

Thinking of not going to friends house and drinking boilermakers.

May stay here and have a sip of beer...Landshark or something fattening, and music.

Gave 2 week notice this week on part time job. They can take that scanner and shove it,

into the next robot's seat.

• Like 5

Like having the right tool for the job. If a company is cheap enough not to have foreseen their blunder, like I do, I would not have the audacity to even bring up the subject to me. Insult to my experience. And right down to it, a safety issue, given the variables logistically.

Next time I go to work for a publically traded company, it will be a salaried position, in IT.

Where is a drink? lol

• Like 7