Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

St. Augustine! Love that old place. Like camping at the lighthouse park over there.

Like looking at the latest swimsuit fashions. Bet there will be a couple of elbows bending there.

this weekend. :emotion-22:

Enjoy! :)

Yeah....I'm sure it'll be massively packed this weekend. Tons going on down there for the 450th Birthday Celebration.

Gonna hit up The Saint Augustine Distillery for our daily tour/tasting....then to San Sabastian Winery for their tour and grab a few bottles for the wife.....then off to Mi Casa, Tradewinds, Local Heros, No Name Bar, Dos Gatos and a few other places for live music and cold beverages with a group of friends

looking forward to it!!!

• Like 7

No Name is one of our favorites. Nice big deck overlooking the Fort.....great people watching....and usually good live music. 

Best kept secret down there is the American Legion right across for The Bridge of Lions.....$2 drafts and a $8 fried shrimp basket with fries that'll knock you socks off.... :emotion-21:  :emotion-22:

• Like 7

Afternoon All,

Through with coffee for today. Is this the dog days of summer? Or is that only August? We have been blessed with some pretty moderate temps around these parts lately. Only supposed to get up to about 90 this weekend. Yupee! its a 3 day weekend for this worker bee, though better half has to work Sat and Monday(nurse). I'll be busting my hump around the homestead cutting brush and pulling stumps while she's at work.

Well,...a happy and safe Labor Day weekend to all

• Like 8

• Moderators
.....one quick shot of the attic on the way to the organ chamber at the other end ........

Love to see those old timbers, cool pic's of your work Gary, I don't understand 95% of it, but I don't need to you do. :D  :emotion-21:

• Like 6

• Moderators
Best kept secret down there is the American Legion right across for The Bridge of Lions.....$2 drafts and a $8 fried shrimp basket with fries that'll knock you socks off....

That's usually the case with those places, if you really want to see a local crowd go to almost any American Legion or DAV hall. We have been to some great parties at the hall right outside of New Orleans in the past.

• Like 4

Probably going to be at a concert around six.  Can I get a volunteer to open the 3 Minutes To Miller Time Bar?  Maybe join you late or over to RTM and spin some vinyl with Gary's gang.

Ok, I'm going, to get a beer and bump for the 3 minute thread. I'll tell them I know everything. That should shut it down

• Like 4

Thanks for the compliments on the photos guys..........    Yes, those are old timbers for sure, the clear glass windows are pretty much all original, and they are very 'wavy' when you look through them from a distance...

HA, I did have a little mishap in the middle chamber early on in the job this morning....   This was at the very start when I had to do some repairs before tuning...

I reached for what I thought was some sturdy organ structure down low under the main organ components, turned out to be a short 4' straight wooden ladder that was made by the organ company back in the day.   I thought it was attached to the organ and the floor like the one that was near it but NO!, it was just leaning there.

So, I grabbed it, and of course I am down at the floor level with knees fully bent thinking I could grab this thing and pull myself under the organ where I needed to do service work.   Well, the speed and mass that thing had coming right for my head could NOT be stopped!!   So, I foolishly clobbered myself right above the right eye!!   I am thinking 'I don't want to go to the hospital for stitches, just not up to it. 

Red liquid flowing out instantly.   My co-worker was just outside that door you see in the photo and looked at it.   Said it was a gash and would be ok...    I made a mess of my white hanky and just delt with it..   :blink2:

Later went down to the washroom, and yeah, it is a 3/4" horizontal split over the eyebrow, NOT a cut!   Reminded me of what the boxers get when they get hit in the eye......   So, maybe a new scar added to my face..  At least avoided the ER :ph34r2:

Ok Chuck and who ever my want to stop by RTM, either TONIGHT, or most certainly if you get a moment tomorrow during our audio extravaganza here in Music Hall.....   Hope to see you for a spin on vinyl or what have you.

OH,  TWO sealed 8 tracks arrived today!   One a Rick Wakeman and the other Jimmy Smith's Greatest Hits!   A few more bits of lube in the Sony and it should be good to go for FUN tomorrow....

.......Gary

• Like 6

• Moderators

The scar will be fine no one will notice. :o

But really it could have been a lot worse, you could have fell 2 floors down and splatted in the middle of the floor........you would have been remembered forever........Ok that's not how you want to be remembered I can imagine but it could have ended badly anyway. :D  

Never thought of an organ tuner as a high risk job until I met you. :D  :huh:

• Like 7