Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good evening coffee people......

Sorry Mark, this worker bee has Columbus Day off, THEN Thanksgiving ^_^ ...

We broke a record with OUR heat and humidity today.........95 degrees and very juicy out there, nice 74 in the house per usual, we don't suffer inside for an instant.........got central, and we use it :cool:

Goes on in May, and STAYS on until early Nov. as we still get some warm days during late fall...  Don't care for the dust and pollen in the house either, especially in the spring... :)  Well, that is what suits us, I know it is not for everybody, but why suffer when I can afford not to ?   :unsure:

Duder, sound like you and family are having a great time :emotion-21:

Ok, back to cooking.........dinner time here in the east..

..............g

This is one of the things we lucked out on 6 years ago buying this home.

5Bd room, two story and has a Carrier unit based on old school cooling, 75 maintained for summer, do not care what it costs.

• Like 6

With you there Mark............Yes, 5 bedrooms here also, and the YORK ( understood to be the Cadillac of HVAC)  keeps on keepin' on since 1991 :)...

Did you mention that you did not use your AC earlier? but, with your home on the market, I would think that you would want that feature to be in top running shape at the time of the sale...   ;)

...........back to dinner and a lovely album inspired by our good friend over in RTM who is listening to this as well....   'Beyond the Missouri Sky'  With Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny  :emotion-21:   nice mellow dinner selection for sure  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:

Edited by Tigerman
  • Like 6

With you there Mark............Yes, 5 bedrooms here also, and the YORK ( understood to be the Cadillac of HVAC)  keeps on keepin' on since 1991 :)...

Did you mention that you did not use your AC earlier? but, with your home on the market, I would think that you would want that feature to be in top running shape at the time of the sale...   ;)

...........back to dinner and a lovely album inspired by our good friend over in RTM who is listening to this as well....   'Beyond the Missouri Sky'  With Charlie Haden and Pat Metheny  :emotion-21:   nice mellow dinner selection for sure  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-29:

No a/c in the cave, and house is not on the market as of yet, next year is the way plans are working out, when i get to the point of this house is all i have left in Calif, im buyin and leaving sold or not im looking/buyin in Nevada as soon as my last tie-in to this area is done.

• Like 6

Morning gang....

2nd cup almost done.....

Grandkids on the bus....and yes getting ready to roll out....

Crazy busy at the shop again.....

So doing things "right"........I gave a cust a quote on brakes on there caravan a few months back, pads rotors and doing all my clean-up work and brake fluid using good parts not cheap crapp. Well he didn't get the work done....guess he didn't like my price......

He calls last week and told me the ABS light is on and wants me to check it out..... later in the day he pulls into my lot. I meet him in the lot and there is smoke billowing out of the left front wheel. I put my thermometer on it.....700+ degrees....omg.....it was roasting....

Later that day I check it out...the other shop that did the brake job twisted the brake hose on the L/F.... The ABS light was the L/F wheel speed sensor faiure..... I guess it didn't like the 700+ degree heat...

I called him with the news and my price to fix all.....I cut him no slack. He sid fix it all...

I wonder how much money he saved.....lol lol

Have a good day all....

MKP :-)

• Like 8

Morning guys.  Not much happening here.  LF off for tennis.  I'm cleaning house :wacko: and washing clothes.

Going over to LF's house (about 20 miles away) later to help her test her house generator and then sort through her CDs.

She picked up bacon wrapped scallops and salmon to grill on the Green Egg.  We are both doing our protein thing.

No music this week so far.  Wasting my money on Spotify premium I guess.

Nice bath pics Carl!  Good story MKP!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

No a/c in the cave

Color me dense.  Is the cave your man cave aka garage or your whole house?

Mancave is double car garage seperated from main house, Full R19 insulation on roof&walls, closed up it stays cool, could install a small wall hanger, "Could", 80 to 88 is just not to bad w/fan/drink.

• Like 7

Morning all.

Rough day yesterday but soothed it all over by putting some time on the new TDK cans....pretty impressed with them so far. I think I'm gonna pick up a small headphone amp for them.

Neighbor still trying to talk the wife into the HT setup......I've used it more to "audition" for him in the past two weeks than I've used it in the past 6 months. 

Other neighbor just got back from visiting family in Kentucky...brought me over a bottle of W.L. Weller 17year......it's quite tasty.....will be reserved for "Tunes Time" sipping.

Oldest back at Georgia Southern today...sent her home with about 7 pounds of smoked pulled pork....her roommates all texted me a big "Thank-You"!! Makes me feel good.

Second Oldest text me this morning that she made over $100 in tips last night.....not bad for Steak-n-Shake....

Happy to be providing the economy with hard working members of society....only four more left to release into the world.... :wacko:  :D

• Like 5

morning folks, not much happening here today humid and rainy out, did get the manual temp gauge partially set up on the old mercury this morning Grand marquis only had Idiot lights I HATE those things by the time one comes on the damage is likely done

Off to find the tubing for the oil pressure gauge

Joe

• Like 6

morning folks, not much happening here today humid and rainy out, did get the manual temp gauge partially set up on the old mercury this morning Grand marquis only had Idiot lights I HATE those things by the time one comes on the damage is likely done

Off to find the tubing for the oil pressure gauge

Joe

That ABS light is just on to let me know they are there, right?! 

• Like 8

Not on my 1985 mercury Grand Marquis, they did not have that crap in 85, however on the 2001 wagon that the trans died on had one that was lit

When I say idiot lights I am referring to oil pressure (they come on at 5psi) and water temp (no idea what they come on at) If I have a mechanical guage I can get an actual temp like this morning after adding the water temp guage I was able to watch the temp climb to 195 and then drop when the thermostat opened to 185 and hover around that........................I am not a fan of the 195 thermostat so I have a 185 to install when I flush the cleaner out of the cooling system

• Like 5