Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

........................I am not a fan of the 195 thermostat so I have a 185 to install when I flush the cleaner out of the cooling system

Interesting.  All a 185 does is open 10 degrees sooner.  If there's a heat load on your motor, the motor will run at the same temperature once they're open no matter which one is installed.  If it's cool outside, it will run cooler but the hotter the motor runs (within it's limits) the better gas mileage you'll get as a cooler motor runs slightly richer.

• Like 4

........................I am not a fan of the 195 thermostat so I have a 185 to install when I flush the cleaner out of the cooling system

Interesting.  All a 185 does is open 10 degrees sooner.  If there's a heat load on your motor, the motor will run at the same temperature once they're open no matter which one is installed.  If it's cool outside, it will run cooler but the hotter the motor runs (within it's limits) the better gas mileage you'll get as a cooler motor runs slightly richer.

Stop trying to make sense to me  :D

• Like 6

Morning all.

Rough day yesterday but soothed it all over by putting some time on the new TDK cans....pretty impressed with them so far. I think I'm gonna pick up a small headphone amp for them.

Neighbor still trying to talk the wife into the HT setup......I've used it more to "audition" for him in the past two weeks than I've used it in the past 6 months. 

Other neighbor just got back from visiting family in Kentucky...brought me over a bottle of W.L. Weller 17year......it's quite tasty.....will be reserved for "Tunes Time" sipping.

Oldest back at Georgia Southern today...sent her home with about 7 pounds of smoked pulled pork....her roommates all texted me a big "Thank-You"!! Makes me feel good.

Second Oldest text me this morning that she made over $100 in tips last night.....not bad for Steak-n-Shake....

Happy to be providing the economy with hard working members of society....only four more left to release into the world.... :wacko:  :D

you might look into these guys amps

http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_015.htm

I have the Polaris and it is pretty darn good

• Like 4

Morning all.

Rough day yesterday but soothed it all over by putting some time on the new TDK cans....pretty impressed with them so far. I think I'm gonna pick up a small headphone amp for them.

Neighbor still trying to talk the wife into the HT setup......I've used it more to "audition" for him in the past two weeks than I've used it in the past 6 months. 

Other neighbor just got back from visiting family in Kentucky...brought me over a bottle of W.L. Weller 17year......it's quite tasty.....will be reserved for "Tunes Time" sipping.

Oldest back at Georgia Southern today...sent her home with about 7 pounds of smoked pulled pork....her roommates all texted me a big "Thank-You"!! Makes me feel good.

Second Oldest text me this morning that she made over $100 in tips last night.....not bad for Steak-n-Shake....

Happy to be providing the economy with hard working members of society....only four more left to release into the world.... :wacko:  :D

you might look into these guys amps

http://www.garage1217.com/garage1217_diy_tube_headphone_amplifiers_015.htm

I have the Polaris and it is pretty darn good

Those look SWEET....love the fact you can buy it DIY....may have to dive into one of those.....

• Like 5

Sound wise they play in a higher ballpark than the price would suggest, Fun playing with all those adjustments as well

The home page has the manual with the build information / instructions and all there various amps available some cheaper than the Polaris, I liked the idea of playing with a SS  for a change of pace

• Like 5

• Moderators

I had a problem with this once, when buying a thermostat I was told for that model truck they range from 190 to 205 degrees so I figured let it run a little cooler and got the lower. Bad idea, the automatic choke (or whatever you call it) flooded the engine with gas trying to warm it up, would never idle,  found it was designed for the higher so I switched and it worked fine.

• Like 4

• Moderators
Morning guys. Not much happening here. LF off for tennis. I'm cleaning house and washing clothes. Going over to LF's house (about 20 miles away) later to help her test her house generator and then sort through her CDs. She picked up bacon wrapped scallops and salmon to grill on the Green Egg. We are both doing our protein thing.

It sounds like things are working out pretty well, glad to see this. B)

• Like 4

• Moderators
Happy to be providing the economy with hard working members of society....only four more left to release into the world....

So you have 6 kids :o you are braver than us, we gave up with 3 girls.

I would think when the last one flies off you and the wife should plan a trip, or something ? :D  

• Like 8

Morning yet again Gang

Done with the Dental Maint, simple cleaning and they say we need to address a little "single" tooth problem there in a week or so.

I hate perveyors of pain, anybody that comes at me w/needle is on my short list.

On the lighter side, Fedx is out for delivery of my Upol coating, Bass bin/Hf single prepped to shoot.

If im going to shoot them this week, likely be when the sun goes down, 100+ sunlight just loves to cook Black color.

Finishing the pot of Cold Coffee, Dam sure Duggans enhanced.

Cave cleaning, working on Max room for the MCMs.

• Like 9

Happy to be providing the economy with hard working members of society....only four more left to release into the world....

So you have 6 kids :o you are braver than us, we gave up with 3 girls.

I would think when the last one flies off you and the wife should plan a trip, or something ? :D  

Yes....4 girls...2 boys.....19, 18, 16, 13, 3 and 18months

It'll be a good while before the last one leaves... :D

• Like 6