Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Thanks Billy and dTel....  I washed it carefully, I think it will heal pretty good, no bleeding at this time..

Yeah, some of the high places we have to perch from in these instruments is pretty scary, and we are all getting on at our shop (same ages) and we are trying to get younger people interested....   We have had help from a few when we are in need during crunch times, but, most whom are interested still have priorities and post college goals...so, they are just temps...  :unsure:

Anyway, we just keep on keepin' on as they say ;)

Well, dinner time, then some 'sprucing' up the place for my audio guest arriving at noon.  BUT, we will be spinning something during  tonight over in RTM..

NEWS, just did a little work on the Sony 8 track, got the head to move through it's range.   Darn thing plays flawlessly now and I am VERY surprised at the clarity of sound from it!!   Just tried the Rick Wakeman cart and both channels are even and I can't detect any flutter in the pitch/tape speed in the synthesizers, New belt was all it needed :D

Back on the side and reporting to the RTM group...

.......Gary

• Like 7

Thanks Chuck for stopping by RTM and your night out to see a Journey tribute band.... How were they ??

Ok, just closing up the Hall for the night.... Everything ready for Pezz' arrival tomorrow... Hope you can stop by and join in with some music..... We will have everything going here, from 8 tracks to high res. digital formats to 24/192 resolution ...

All for now, coffee in the morning with you all ;0)

Good night now.........good night...

........Gary

• Like 7

Good morning everyone..............HA HA HA!   JL, you had me fooled for a second :lol:    Chris was walking by the computer here in the kitchen, wanted to know what was funny, then we saw the 'Lion'....  Too funny !

Melitta in the peculator and some toast and OJ along with a live Skype session with Pezz as we plan the day here...  

Posting of audio listening during M.A.D. will be over in RTM should anyone want to join in.....  ^_^

See you all later, enjoy your morning my friends.  :)

....more later

......Gary

• Like 8

Morning Gang

Nothing planned that we cannot do everyday, thinking breakfast out,

Corndog/swapmeet wile it's cool weather.

82 tops today, just fine weather.

Talked to my Farmer bud last night, tells me come out and get some airtime anytime.

Parade on Monday, the only day of the year you can get all the farmers in the local Pub, we all stand out front w/drinks and root for the floats. town has one cop, and to date iv never seen him/her.

Worker Bee's enjoy the ONLY day you get, then get your azz back to work, im applying for SS in a couple months, and i want that pot Fat.

post-57941-0-87440000-1441460310_thumb.j

• Like 11

Good morning Mark............sounds like you got a plan there....  Don't worry, I'm back to work on Tuesday..  Working on my own 'pot' ..   Just checked my total paid into the SS system...   $54,378 through last year to be exact :)

OK, Pezz will be on his way shortly..............audio outdoors for nosh and wine ready, indoor system cued up and ready...   Ears taking a quiet break until then...  He is only about 2 hours drive from here...

Duder, hope the cable project is an easy one, although, that can be wishful thinking, especially when dealing with attic, cellar and wall spaces!

Come visit RTM should anyone want to check out the M.A.D.  fun and madness...  :lol:

...................Gary

• Like 8

Yard work this AM.  Had to get on the roof to blow pine straw off and clean gutters.  Reclaimed the back slate walk way from over grown shrubbery.  Used the blower to clean walks, drive, porches, and the road in front of mi casa.

Tomorrow maybe some pressure washing.

But tonight....shrimperoo and bourbon at a friends house at the beach.

Have fun Gary!

Mark I will start SS in January at age 67.  Waited a year so it would increase by 8%.  Every little bit helps.  I figure that 8% will allow about three nice meals out per month.

Everyone.....put your thinking caps on about Rodney's house in April and let Christy know.  Thanks!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 7

Mornin' guys ... just a brief drop-in today. We're heading down to Colorado Springs to meet up with some friends for the day. Went to the Rockies game last night and they actually resembled a MLB team. Great time.

Gary ...hope that wound is feeling better and healing. Organs can be quite dangerous. I remember almost falling off the organ bench one time. :P  But then I  used to drink a lot back in those days. :D

Have a safe and fun weekend everyone and, of course, cheers!!

• Like 6

Cable jobs done, didn't go perfect but went well enough i cant complain. Ky buddy now has hdmi ran from his receiver in a closet to a tv on the other side of the room. I installed his Klipsch incelling surround speakers earlier this spring.

The othe cable project was speaker wire to the garage to utilize my second zone on my receiver. I just need to find out how to play Spotify on the second zone. Also need a 2nd zone amp i can control with my phone. A receiver upgrade may be in order but not until after the first of the year.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• Moderators

Everyone.....put your thinking caps on about Rodney's house in April and let Christy know.  Thanks!

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

Thanks Tarheel!  It's still early, but like you I'm just wanting to get everyone thinking about it while there is still plenty of time!

• Like 5

• Moderators

I know exactly how you feel, hauling my butt around, if the rest of me were in the shape my legs are I would be very happy.

No way I did not lift that Tv, it has wheels, it rolled to the porch and I picked it up with the tractor, after kind of tearing it apart to see where the weight was. I found what was in the picture and a large circuit board and lots of thick heavy plastic for the whole frame and some fiber board, plus a couple of lightweight speakers. 

So it seems the biggest cost of making that Tv was R&D, advertising and packaging, plus a couple hundred in electronics if that much. It did work great for 9.5 years, just hope the new one does, same size screen and it weighs 62 pounds and looks MUCH better. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6