Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

REALLY?  

My brother just shows me a piece of junk mail that he got from a place called “LoanMe.”  I’ve seen their commercials on TV.

They’ll give you a $10,000 loan and charge you 187% interest.

84 monthly payments of over $800 to repay them…whoever was desperate enough to accept this loan just put themselves in a heck of lot worse condition.  Talk about preying on a person that is already in trouble. Disgusting.

I told him to write them a nice letter telling them if they’ll reduce the interest rate to 100% then he give it further consideration. I also said start the letter, “Dear Loan Shark."

• Like 11

REALLY?  

My brother just shows me a piece of junk mail that he got from a place called “LoanMe.”  I’ve seen their commercials on TV.

They’ll give you a $10,000 loan and charge you 187% interest.

84 monthly payments of over $800 to repay them…whoever was desperate enough to accept this loan just put themselves in a heck of lot worse condition.  Talk about preying on a person that is already in trouble. Disgusting.

I told him to write them a nice letter telling them if they’ll reduce the interest rate to 100% then he give it further consideration. I also said start the letter, “Dear Loan Shark."

They would put me in jail for robbing someone, guess all i need to do is call myself a financial institution and robbery becomes legal, I would also have government insured losses like the banks did in 08 (I believe it was 08)

Win Win  :D

• Like 8

Yes; there is a good children's hospital here. My brother is a pediatrician, so we consult him, too.

You've heard of "Can't get right"; Jackson is "Can't SHIT right".

Kendall, are you taking him to a specialized children's hospital? The difference in care between our local hospitals and TX children's hospital is night and day. Most states have a specialized children's hospital I would think.

I'm glad he's home.

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 9

Glad to hear Jackson is home...been in my thoughts and prayers as of late....

Guy hasn't been able to convince his wife on the HT setup yet...gonna give it a little more time since he has literally come down two more times to watch/listen (and maybe partake in a few cold beverages.....I've got a previous "Jack" drinker now hooked on Tom Sims 6 year..)

Had a good conversation with my son last night about the Civic....he wants to help work on it but it's not what he really wants....he wants a K5 blazer like the one I sold after getting divorced....guess I never knew that he loved it so much (not that I would have given him a 535hp vehicle at 16)....so we'll get it all fixed up and sell it to fund another K5 build.....can do squarebody Chevys in my sleep...lol

• Like 12

And because I know how much you guys love pics....

'91 K5 2WD (conversion), 535hp 383 forged SBC, airbags, 22" Boyd Coddingtons

K5on22s.jpg

'76 Frame Up Restoration C10, ~700hp stroked 421 SBC, lowered on 20" AR Torque Thrusts (never got to finish this one...was sold during divorce and was stolen from shop)

IMG00059.jpg

• Like 9

• Moderators

That's funny, just got back to reading here a little, been busy.

You know how much fun it is to dissemble the complete 2Ch and separate HT setup and move it all out the way for changes. :(  :emotion-45:  all done with NO music. I forgot how many wires and cables it takes to have it all work, it's crazy.

The good part was it was all done to redo the entertainment cabinet "thing" to make it work for a new TV. The old CRT rear projection TV had the cabinet going around the top of the TV, the new TV will sit on top after being redone.......It's all about done and the music is playing again.  :emotion-21:  

When it's done I will put before and after pics. 

Edited by dtel
  • Like 6