Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

morning folks, rainy and no electric earlier, I swear this pee dee electric is some sort of joke they are playing on customers, here since march and it has gone out at least 10 times with no foul weather

Chuck condolences to your son and daughter in law, (The wife and I went through this twice) it is a heartbreak to be sure

Jackson hang in there, prayers for all

Dont one of you need a really good DAC  :D

• Like 9

Morning gang....

Chuck....prayers and good thoughts coming your way....

Sancho..... more prayers coming for Jackson......

Well now this sucks....my wife just came in and told me her mother fell in the bathroom and we have to drive up to the house and pick her up off the floor.

The bus will be here in 10 min to pick-up grand kids, her farther said she's ok she just can't get up.

What the hell....we have been on them to move or to get some help.....

Gotta go.... more on this later....I'm all messed up now.....damn it...

• Like 9

Another Monday and back to reality. I did have a great time yesterday afternoon over at my friend's house. I rearranged his system (he isn't able to lift gear) and then we spent hours listening to music. It was a blast.

bob.jpg

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 10

OK who has a trick for getting stains out of a vinyl top on a car, I have so aero cleaner degreaser and it helps but wont remove, I tried my professsor amos it does a tad better than the aero but still want it better

on the plus side the aero takes every stain off the paint, just spray on wipe off

I believe the old 85 merc sat under trees for a bit with no care and the paint and top looked pretty bad, the paint can be saved with a little buffing, the top is questionable

Joe

• Like 8

Chuck, so sorry to hear about the misfortune.....my wife and I went through that before having our second youngest....it's a rough emotional issue to deal with...prayers for your family's healing

Luther....wow...that's all I can say....astonishing craftsmanship 

So went to the Jaguar game Friday with a group of about 10-12 guys....had a blast and very ready for the season to start

Spent Saturday inside due to rain storms....got some Honey Do Lists items completed and started taking the Sony v444es apart to see what's blown. Watched Southpaw Saturday night......REALLY good movie

Got up yesterday and ran codes on Civic...got p1758 and p1298.....so seemed like the lockout solenoid was bad. Ran to local pick-a-part junkyard and got soaked while pulling the part...but got it and a few other misc. parts and was out the door for $50....new was $175...so saved some cash there.

Got home and installed it and it still was throwing code P1298...so onto the trusty internet I go....seems it's common for the #15 7.5a fuse to blow when that solenoid goes out. Pulled the fuse....sure enough...replaced the fuse and VICTORY

So she's a little banged up but running fine....drove to work today in my demolition derby car.....ordering body parts soon....buddy said I can use his shop mid month for a few days....

Watched Straight Outta Compton last night....was decent....

Back to the grind today....need to que up some tunes....long day of detail technical designs documentation that due end of week

• Like 9

Mornin' guys and thank you all for the prayers and kind words. Daughter in law is doing ok and will heal emotionally in time. On the other hand, my daughter is within days (hours?) of giving birth to our second grandson so there is much for which to be grateful.

Blessings to each of you.

Chuck

• Like 9

Morning folks.

A rainy Monday so not much cookin here. Pulled the vinyl off the shelves this weekend and been going through cleaning and playing one or two. Big surprise was a worn cover of Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" revealed a pretty quiet LP.  I bought a bunch of records after getting an inheritance in 2005 and just filed them away.  Forgot what I had.  Found a lot of 180g jazz and a nice blues collection.

And yes dtel the LF likes to listen with me.

I hope everyone survived the weekend intact.  Not all the news has been good on C&C lately.  Lets hope that changes. 

Jake is hanging in.  Got his first dose Glucosamine yesterday and the pain reliever should arrive today.

LF beside me reading "A walk In The Woods" in preparation for the movie version starting Sept. 2.  I've read it twice and will be taking LF to the movie Thursday for her birthday and then dinner out.  A great read by Bill Bryson about hiking the AT.

Good job on the autos Jason and Joe.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 10

Good Monday Morning Gang

Woke up Chilie on my mind, season must be ready to change.

Crawlin around in these Bass Bins is the job for a youngin! im sore from twisting/turning/grunting.

And just think this is my first BassBin and im not half done.

Maybe drinking (More) during refurb would help.

Waiting on breakfast, Coffee is doing the trick.

• Like 10

Morning yet again gang

I do not care to post in the BS forum for many reasons, i did not come to this forum to partake in the subject matter.

The whole internet is full of that, in fact, when i looked this forum over upon arriving, if i would have known/seen the subject matter, i would not be here.

I came for Audio and stayed for friends interested in the same, as well as a few hobbys mind you!

END Weekly Rant/Polk.

post-57941-0-54360000-1441038020.jpg

• Like 12

I do not care to post in the BS forum for many reasons, i did not come to this forum to partake in the subject matter.

Others feel the same, it's certainly not mandatory.  There's several other section I never go to as well as my interests lie elsewhere, so you're not alone.

• Like 9

Evening gang....

All is good...Mom is OK, when I got in from the bus stop she said Dad called and he got the next door neighbor to help get Mom up. 

This was not the 1st time this has happend. Mom has alzheimer's, my wife does all the cooking for them. They are in there 80's and Dad will not let any outside help in. It's getting to be to much for me and the wife. We can't keep tabs on them 24-7.... We send the girls up to the house to clean and help them...but it's at the point where they need to move into a community where help is a push button away...But hey all is good for now...

Was a good day at the shop.....made some coin payed some bills.....jammed out with the Klipsch.....

Wishing all a good night...catch ya in the A.M.

MKP :-)

• Like 7

Another Monday and back to reality. I did have a great time yesterday afternoon over at my friend's house. I rearranged his system (he isn't able to lift gear) and then we spent hours listening to music. It was a blast.

bob.jpg

What Passlabs unit is that and how does it sound.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Others feel the same, it's certainly not mandatory. 
now you tell me.  

There's several other section I never go to as well as my interests lie elsewhere
so there are some rogue, unmoderated sections? 

now you tell me.  

There's several other section I never go to as well as my interests lie elsewhere

now you tell me.  

Wasn't going to tell you Steve but there is the ultra secret section of the forum that you must enter through the back door.  Those members sit naked at their screens with the camera rolling and compare bodies.  There are sub sections for endomorphic, ectomorphic, and mesomorphic types as well so everyone fits in.  The moment you put a stich of clothing on you are banned for life.  PM me and I'll tell you some of the sights I have seen there and perhaps drop a name or two.  Don't worry C&C group....I won't spill the beans on any of you :P

• Like 5

Nope, Dave is EVERYWHERE :ph34r:

Chuck, not quite sure what to make of your thoughts of entering through a back door to watch other naked forum members.  Maybe a bad souvlaki last night?  Maybe that's just how you roll?  My condolences to your GF :o

• Like 3