Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Evening gang....

All is good...Mom is OK, when I got in from the bus stop she said Dad called and he got the next door neighbor to help get Mom up. 

This was not the 1st time this has happend. Mom has alzheimer's, my wife does all the cooking for them. They are in there 80's and Dad will not let any outside help in. It's getting to be to much for me and the wife. We can't keep tabs on them 24-7.... We send the girls up to the house to clean and help them...but it's at the point where they need to move into a community where help is a push button away...But hey all is good for now...

Was a good day at the shop.....made some coin payed some bills.....jammed out with the Klipsch.....

Wishing all a good night...catch ya in the A.M.

MKP :-)

I feel your pain. I moved my mother into my old house two blocks away so I could go by everyday. That worked for about 10 years until her dementia got bad and I had to put her in an Alzheimer home. I found a great one run by two women in their home. They only take women and never more than four. Mom loved it there. I lost my mom about two months ago after a three day illness. She was 86. We just reversed our roles. When I was young, she took care of me. When she got old, I took care of her. She is missed.

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 8

I didn't.  In retrospect, I run so much in fear of damaging the 500.00 stylus in the Black maybe I should have.   However, the reviews blew me away and I am certainly not sorry when I listen to it. 

OTOH, I've wondered if the lesser sylus would work if I were short on cash in an emergency.  Anybody know?  Not sure there is really any difference in the body.

Must add, with a great deal of unapologetic pride, my son Thomas qualified for Star scout.  15 months to Eagle and he'll be 14.  I am so looking forward to seeing him pin that Eagle on his mother!

Dave

• Like 8

Morning Gang

91 projected, can only get a few hours in on the MCM refurb project, Bondo sure like's the weather though.

Finish will be Upol bedliner (Ebay), Bad azz stuff, NOT the Common Bedliner you think of.

Costco, restocking is the order of the day.

Coffee should be done.

Ya-All know what day it is.......Taco Time.

post-57941-0-72680000-1441113897.jpg

• Like 8

Dave I read part of a review discussing both in the same article.  The author was much more complimentary in summing up the black.  The price difference is substantial.  I can no longer shell out $800 like I did in 2006 for the Clearaudio virtuoso Wood.  I posed the question on a vinyl forum about the best cartridge for $500 and the Bronze came up twice.

• Like 7

Best to Jackson and hang in there.

Joe I didn't mention that I saw you there :emotion-41:.  I would never spill the beans on a C&C member but you were funny. 

That was to be our little secret, Of course to see anyone there means you frequent there as well....................

Sancho, Jackson continued prayers

Edited by joessportster
  • Like 7

Wasn't going to tell you Steve but there is the ultra secret section of the forum that you must enter through the back door.  Those members sit naked at their screens with the camera rolling and compare bodies.  There are sub sections for endomorphic, ectomorphic, and mesomorphic types as well so everyone fits in.  The moment you put a stich of clothing on you are banned for life.  PM me and I'll tell you some of the sights I have seen there and perhaps drop a name or two.  Don't worry C&C group....I won't spill the beans on any of you
Thanks for not telling me...and a very special thanks for not inviting me.  
  • Like 6

Took care of my mother for 12 years before she entered a facility. No regrets!

Well there are always some regrets and second guessing, but a labor of love.

Know I am not unique. 90% want to stay in their home as long as possible.

All of my Spanish customers who knew said I would be blessed. I feel I

was blessed already, by her companionship and storytelling. Yes

Wardsweb, role reversal! We all do what we can.

• Like 7

OMG! Secret "adult" sections of the forum. Good thing I don't qualify. My innocent mind could be warped.

More prayers for Jackson. Hang in there. I'm betting things will be looking up very soon.

Dave, congrats to your son. Very few achieve that much in scouting. It takes a special kid.

MKP ... my sympathies. It was somewhat similar with my mom. She made it to 89 and steadfastly refused to leave a home she could no longer maintain or take care of herself. At some point, outside help becomes a necessity.

Have a great Tuesday guys and cheers.

• Like 9

Another Monday and back to reality. I did have a great time yesterday afternoon over at my friend's house. I rearranged his system (he isn't able to lift gear) and then we spent hours listening to music. It was a blast.

What Passlabs unit is that and how does it sound.

The amp is a X250. It is top notch for sure. I have several friends who run Pass Labs. I have never seen one go out of class A. They are a serious work horse for discerning listeners. I like that they don't get edgy on the  top end and have plenty of power for solid bass.

• Like 6

• Moderators
Crawlin around in these Bass Bins is the job for a youngin! im sore from twisting/turning/grunting.

I know how you feel, ours are Oak and I just oil them, it's really tough to get in and oil everything. It's partly why they have been oiled only twice since I built them and really need to be oiled again but It's no fun so it get's put off.

I did get my granddaughter to dust inside them once, she is tiny and done a good job, they really need this again also. :(

• Like 6

• Moderators

Took care of my mother for 12 years before she entered a facility. No regrets!

Well there are always some regrets and second guessing, but a labor of love.

Know I am not unique. 90% want to stay in their home as long as possible.

All of my Spanish customers who knew said I would be blessed. I feel I

was blessed already, by her companionship and storytelling. Yes

Wardsweb, role reversal! We all do what we can.

I did the same thing for my mothers last 5 years, the hardest part was making sure she didn't feel like a burden, which she would sometimes say, and keeping her occupied and included in everything. 

She was in a wheelchair because of loss of part of one leg with a broken arm which wouldn't heal because of diabetes, the hardest part was moving her back and forth from chair to everywhere she need to be, like bathroom, bed, sofa and car. She did well and never complained and seemed to like being around everyone and all the grandkids. We did the best we could to make her feel normal, well as normal as my mother could be. :o I would say overall everything went well.

• Like 6