Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Good morning all. Got a new laptop yesterday. It is a Toshiba Satellite: AMD A8 with a 1T drive. It came with Windows 8.1 but I did the upgrade to 10 during setup. So far so good. Just have to get up to speed with the new OS. Ya'll have a great holiday.

Edited by Wardsweb
  • Like 8

Happy holiday C&C buds. Hope everyone is having a good day.

I went to Win 10 and back to 8.1 as I was having trouble with a few things.  Couldn't even locate my stored photos :wacko:  Then again with computers I'm far from the sharpest spoon in the drawer :huh:

Started on a bike ride but it began raining before I got to the end of my road.  So I returned home and started making shrimp salad from the leftover shrimp from Saturday nights shrimperoo.  The LF and I made Barefoot Contessa's shrimp bisque last night.  Bien!  Also made a spinach pie topped with sweet onion, tomato, and a dash of paprika.  So dinner was bisque and spinach pie.

Clearing now so may get the bike ride in.

Cheers Ladies :emotion-44: and Gents

• Like 8

Morning Folks

The mercury getting another dose of maintenance this morning, doing a cooling system flush

Copied a drive last night for backup, 610 gigs took 14 hours, plan is to set up another backup tonight hopefully have my main and 2 backups complete and matching 100 percent

I have a 4th drive that has everything on it but not sure I will copy it

Happy Holidays gents & ladies

• Like 8

Sounds good Chuck...

JL, how many for dinner?, that looks like a pretty sizable amount of MEEEEAT :D

Ok on computers...

Ward, the Toshiba seems to be a great laptop, I love mine and it is very cool to have to Pezz on Skype VIDIO live, THROUGH the inboard speakers, yet, have the HDMI out going into the audio system with Spotify at the same time, A N D ......able to make music selections using the iPad as a REMOTE controller to the PC, even adjust the HDMI audio output from the Apple product.. etc...

Thanks to Pezz for helping me make the correct adjustments within the Toshiba and sync with all devices, VERY cool  B) B)

Ok, kitchen cleanup, then back to more music work...

Enjoy your day my friends...

............Gary

• Like 5

Happy Labor Day guys. Good weekend so far. Spent Saturday a few miles south in Coorado Springs and walked through Garden of the Gods. Had forgotten how amazing that is. Met up with friends afterwards. Laid back on Sunday and did some BBQ chicken thighs on the grill. I usually smoke chicken with pecan wood, but decided to grill it on direct heat. Forgot how good that can be with a little BBQ sauce if not overcooked. Quicker than smoking too, although that's my first love.

Enjoy the day!!

• Like 6

• Moderators

No plans for today, although I wish I had planned to do what JL is doing, that looks good. Have a couple of pork butts in the freezer, I love the taste but not so much the  long hours of cooking them.

Have a good Labor Day.

• Like 6

OK, my wife is after me to take a break from the bathroom and have a little bit of a weekend.  It's hard for me to stop, I don't relax well when there's work to do and there's is a ton left.  Here's where I just left off.  The rock is up in the shower and the cabinet bases are in.  I still need to float all the screw heads and seams before I start with the tile.  The cabinets and doors are getting primer.  The interiors will be urethane on raw wood and the exterior will be white.  All doors and facing has been removed for paint work and will be reinstalled once finished.

post-13087-0-09380000-1441644079_thumb.j

• Like 8

Very good Carl...........  Tuning?   Well, there are a number of different adjustments on this pipes, too long to explain here, as pictures with the tools in hand would be much better to show just how it is done...    I know there are some youTube vids that actually show what goes on inside the organ chamber during the tuning process.  This would allow you to not only SEE, but HEAR the effect of pitch matching with the 'tuning' stop in the division OR, section of the organ...

...........ok, more practicing here....   :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

• Like 7

Very good Carl...........  Tuning?   Well, there are a number of different adjustments on this pipes, too long to explain here, as pictures with the tools in hand would be much better to show just how it is done...    I know there are some youTube vids that actually show what goes on inside the organ chamber during the tuning process.  This would allow you to not only SEE, but HEAR the effect of pitch matching with the 'tuning' stop in the division OR, section of the organ...

...........ok, more practicing here....   :emotion-29: :emotion-29:

I'll try to find one.  Hard to picture tuning a fixed length pipe but you've obviously got it going on.

• Like 4