Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

First time (and last) that I tried Jriver it had a default setting where it immediately started deleting my album art and started inserting its own lower resolution versions and not always correct.  Thankfully, I had a backup that I could restore!  I played with it for a while but also found that I could not view by my own folder names the way I prefer... so, goodbye Jriver.   :)

Foobar2000 is my player of choice these days.  I have a nice custom setup that allows me to sort by folder names but also view the album art.  Makes it much easier to find things the way I like.  I'd be glad to share with any Foobar users if they'd like to see.

• Like 4

First time (and last) that I tried Jriver it had a default setting where it immediately started deleting my album art and started inserting its own lower resolution versions and not always correct.  Thankfully, I had a backup that I could restore!  I played with it for a while but also found that I could not view by my own folder names the way I prefer... so, goodbye Jriver.   :)

Foobar2000 is my player of choice these days.  I have a nice custom setup that allows me to sort by folder names but also view the album art.  Makes it much easier to find things the way I like.  I'd be glad to share with any Foobar users if they'd like to see.

Does Foobar play .DSF and .DSD high res files?

• Like 2

Hey Cameron which version of river did you try ?? they are up to version 21 now.................I tried an earlier version and had issues and also ended up deleting it, Version 20 is really quite easy to use and allows me to us artwork as well as adding tags to identify the albums any way I choose.................I tried to get foobar and ran into issues with the links for downloading as though it was 3rd party  (not keen on doing things 3rd party, always seems like where malware and viruses come from on my pc)

Does Foobar play .DSF and .DSD high res files?

There is a decoder... I forget what it is called.  It is a component that you can download from the foobar2000.org site.  I have some .dsf files that I play.

Edited by muel
  • Like 2

Hey Cameron which version of river did you try ?? they are up to version 21 now.................I tried an earlier version and had issues and also ended up deleting it, Version 20 is really quite easy to use and allows me to us artwork as well as adding tags to identify the albums any way I choose.................I tried to get foobar and ran into issues with the links for downloading as though it was 3rd party  (not keen on doing things 3rd party, always seems like where malware and viruses come from on my pc)

might have been version 12 or 14... seems like it was 4 or 5 years ago.   There is certainly more "hands on" required with Foobar but I'm comfortable with that.  Considering the people I know who use Jriver I am certain that it is a good player!  I might give them a second chance some day.

• Like 2

From www.foobar2000.org

• Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, Opus, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.

Doesn't look like it does SACD/DSD/DSF files. Also, I don't see that it runs on Windows 10. It may be part of their new beta release.

• Like 2

Evening Gang

Corona & Cookies, waiting on dinner.

Smoke overcast, 104 temp, good day for rest.

That Black Sabbath concert reminded me of something coming up here in reno area, better get my tickys.

Ron White, i have a 200 mile radius max, of venues i wish to see.

Time for another Corona :emotion-22: :emotion-22:

• Like 7

• Moderators
Friday getting off time!!!

:emotion-21: Well Mr JL, you broke the ice, I have been waiting, I didn't want to post general :pwk_bs: because everyone was getting all serious in here. :o  :D  

I knew it wouldn't last to long :ph34r:

But really glad there working the bugs out of this stuff, I will need it sooner or later. :D

• Like 2

Got the car loaded up with a few pieces of gear for the record show today and tomorrow. I belong to the River City Audio Society and we have a booth at the show. We will be playing some tunes and giving away a new record player. So basically a bunch of people geeking out on vinyl and telling tall tales.

• Like 7

Morning gang, working on first cut and breakfast sandwich down.   Getting ready to run Pierce to his football practice.  After that I have to take my daughter and her friend to the movies. 

Speaking of cables and cocktails, I enjoyed some nut brown ale from a local brewery last night while running some cable in the basement for the theater project. 

Well got to run, catch you all later.

• Like 6