Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Gee, thanks for that link BSM, this tantalizing tidbit was on the same page.....

http://www.tvguide.com/galleries/jersey-shore-stars-where-are-they-now/?ftag=ACQ668b801&vndid=tribunebroadcasting-fox17online

sorry about that. I had to google the buick grand national because i didn’t know what they looked like.  

The Jersey Shore ... where the women are tan, surgically enhanced, and drive Buick Grand Nationals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davis said:

Interesting you all brought up Turbo Regals.

I have owned  this one for 11 years

1987 Regal Turbo T.

DCP_3807.jpg

I had a Rosewood T type that I bought brand new in 87.  Loved it.  I put a Kenne Bell chip in it and gutted the converters.  My gosh that thing sounded good and ran likevcrazy.  It would actually chirp the tires when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

yeah, i did that with a dodge k-car -- i think it’s worth nearly $5 by now.

(for my reputation’s sake, i never owned a K-Car).

My favorite K-Car is the one in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

Planes-Trains-Automobiles-14.jpg

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I had a Rosewood T type that I bought brand new in 87.  Loved it.  I put a Kenne Bell chip in it and gutted the fonverters.  My gosh that thing sounded good and ran likevcrazy.  It would actually chirp the tires when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd.

Very nice, Rosewood is a great color. You do not see many in that hue.

I have a ton of parts to bolt on this one. just haven't yet as I thought I might get a nicer one someday. But now I doubt it.

I have headers, Alky injection kit, 57lbs injectors, 21 row stock location intercooler, 3 inch downpipe, rear upper and lower control arms, drag radials. I sold my TA-49 turbo but now with modern turbos having ball bearings and better aerodynamic vanes I need to pony up some cash for one and get to wrenching.

• Like 1

I was always pulling for those Buick V-6s at Indy.  Lots of power and drama, but not enough longevity.  Attended the race the year Danny Ongais drove the recently departed Scott Brayton's pole winning car from last to seventh.  Not too bad for a drag racer.

• Like 1

The Flyin Hawaiian, enjoyed watching him.

I collect race and restore 1960's Buicks Gran Sports and Turbo Regal/Grand Nationals so that Indy program and the Brayton's are very dear me.

That lil 231 V6 has seen a lot of variants, been carbureted, fuel injected, turboed, supercharged and raced at Indy.

It scared the NHRA when Buddy Ingersoll showed up in Pro Stock in a Turbo Regal.

• Like 1

This is my slowest Buick but my favorite.

A highly optioned California car I have owned for 15 years.

1965 Riviera Gran Sport.

425ci, 2x4bbl

1 of 3354, not ultra rare but I don't see Gran Sport Rivs come up for sale often.

It is mostly all original except for new paint.

window%20sticker%20final.jpg

indy3_1.jpg

indy2.png

indy1a.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Cool car Davis.

Those pushrod 3.8s would make a lot of power.  They've bottomed out in price and started rebounding around here.  They're now in the appreciation mode.

You are correct about the values.

Our Buick club events used to be a sea of black. the GN out numbered the 60's cars 4 to 1.

But those guys moved on to newer performance cars and then the values slowed down. I have noticed the upward moment the last few years.

I have some great friends from TX that make the trek to Bowling Green, KY for our national event.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

I was always pulling for those Buick V-6s at Indy.  Lots of power and drama, but not enough longevity.  Attended the race the year Danny Ongais drove the recently departed Scott Brayton's pole winning car from last to seventh.  Not too bad for a drag racer.

Interesting you mentioned Indy.

My fastest Buick

gasolinealley1.jpg

bobbyunsersuite.jpg

yardofbricks.jpg

• Like 2