Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Today was the annual blacksmithing festival here in town.

The kids and I walked over to check it out.

photo op in the blocked off side street.

IMG_0012.thumb.jpeg.ff88bdf147663d4dbf595664d219002e.jpeg

the kids and their friends recognized Master Bladesmith Jason Knight and pestered him for autographs and a photo op.

IMG_0015.thumb.jpeg.af92ff4fd9237ab860c07a9b504bdbfb.jpeg

I took the opportunity to pick up a small carving hatchet from one of our wonderful local blacksmiths named Jason Lonon.

IMG_0019.thumb.jpeg.2f5ba14cffead1cb68b8253e0a5195a8.jpeg

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

I took the opportunity to pick up a small carving hatchet from one of our wonderful local blacksmiths named Jason Lonon.

IMG_0019.thumb.jpeg.2f5ba14cffead1cb68b8253e0a5195a8.jpeg

hhmmm , pretty puny , you need a Viking axe

axt.jpg.c31b73ed4a3d2c9d590ba996bd572cf9.jpg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, MicroMara said:

hhmmm , pretty puny , you need a Viking axe

axt.jpg.c31b73ed4a3d2c9d590ba996bd572cf9.jpg

That would be way too large for carving spoons.

I have a Gransfors Bruks American felling Axe for larger stuff, as well as some fiskars hatchets and a splitting axe.

This little thing is going to be perfect for roughing out blanks for carving spoons.

The octagonal handle makes it index very well in the hand so you can get a nice sense of direction with the blade motion.

• Like 4

Glad that yesterday is gone , the whole day through wet and misty ,  wife visited a girl friend , was glad when she left the house , I cooked a cauliflower broccolli potato gratin with chicken breast filet for my son and myself , was delicious . Wife came back in the evening , my good mood was gone again , causes a lot of stress in my brain ...glad that I begin to work on tuesday . May 1rst is an official public holiday in germany .

My doughter is fine , she enjoys her trip through europe very much , she´s on her way from austria to slovenia to vist the capital city Ljubljana , we´re in contact every day .

This morning is beautiful , cold but the sun is shining , let see what the day brings

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Load 'em all up and head to Duckburg where a small town is waaaay ahead of the game @Invidiosulus.  😂  This place has been open for a few years now.  Don't know how they survive business wise but there seems to be a base for it locally.  lolol 

//img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/eae3cea4-a5e0-482e-ac86-52cae3d1d8c9/20210123_203835.jpg/:/cr=t:0%25,l:0%25,w:100%25,h:100%25/rs=w:1300,h:800

Ax throwing venue

Family fun

Someone got a nice family photo for the mantel!   😂

People w/sharp objects that they throw?  I think I'll just watch from a distance.  The fun never stops in Duckburg!   :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Alright youse guys!

If you feel frisky I got a kick out of something from a satirical website that I would post for you single minded guys.

Little f'r on my rt shoulder says "Don't do it", on the lft that one says "It's funny!"

So... go to youtube and search for "9 reasons being" if the last word shows as awe.... all I can say is remember Carlin and Pryor? They hit everybody when they made fun of stuff. This one makes fun of one that isn't ----- close to the end.

• Haha 3