Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

12 hours ago, Invidiosulus said:

I’ve done plenty of climbing around in the ceiling pulling network cabling at work in the past 25 years.

Still want to get a pistol crossbow to get pulls strings across the ceiling tiles and duct work. I forget until I need one.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, grasshopper said:

that was me, at the bowling alley. Climbing around in the suspended ceiling and fun stuff like that. I could go in the front of the pinsetters [where you throw the ball to], and come out the back. 

grasshopper is so skinny he can hide under a clothesline during a down pour and not get wet!

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

Still want to get a pistol crossbow to get pulls strings across the ceiling tiles and duct work. I forget until I need one.

I found a couple different ones that aren't crossbows. The slingshot monkey  screams as it flies through the air. The third is from Greenlee

73516_1.jpg

73691_1.jpg

73478_1.jpg

• Like 4

Amazing the stuff that's out there today simplifying things.  Then there's this guy.  https://www.ronpopeil.com/  

Used to watch him blow for hours on whatever it was he was barkin tryin to make a buck.  Never failed either he always had somethin bigger and better to make everyone's life easier didn't he?  

Some of the Products that Ron Popeil Has Invented or Marketed• 

Showtime Rotisserie & BBQ
 Showtime 6 Star Plus Knife Set
• Veg-O-Matic
• Chop-O-Matic
• Dial-O-Matic
• Popeil's Pocket Fisherman
• Mr. Microphone
• Ronco Electric Food Dehydrator
• Ronco Giant 10-Tray Food Dehydrator
• GLH Formula #9
• Popeil's Pasta & Sausage Maker
• Ronco Grip Spatula
• Ronco Flip-It
• Smokeless Ashtray
• Inside the Eggshell Egg Scrambler
• CleanAire Machine
• Ronco Seal-A-Meal
• Buttoneer
• Rhinestone & Stud Setter
• Bottle & Jar Cutter
• Miracle Broom
• Miracle Brush
• Pottery Wheel
• Ornamental Ice• Bagel Cutter
• Mince-O-Matic
• Auto-Cup
• Door Saver
• Back Relief - Vibrating Back Massage Air Cushion
• Battery Tester
• Candle Making Kit
• Drain Buster
• Cellutrol
• Feather Touch Knives
• Glass Froster
• Hav-A-Maid Mop
• Instant Shine
• Kitchen Magician
• Mr. Dentist
• Record Vacuum
• Roller Measure
• Salad Washer & Dryer
• Over 50 “Top 20 Hits” Record Albums
• Speed Tufting Kit
• Whip-O-Matic
• Ronco Spray Gun
• Splatter Screen
• Crepe Kit

Remember this one?  I just happen to know a a rockstar who'd bend over w/his rear facing the audience shred his guitar between his legs and blow the seam outta his rear end EVERY time.  SOOOOO, after every show that ONE guy NO ONE liked got to use one of these to seam his pants together. 

Kinda like when they first came out w/the Goodyear blimp cameraman.  That ONE GUY no one liked got to ride in the blimp.  Yeppers, he was gone for the day but he got to ride in the blimp for 4 minutes of glory during that event.  Think about it and quit laffin!  :)

:)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Amazing the stuff that's out there today simplifying things.  Then there's this guy.  https://www.ronpopeil.com/  

Used to watch him blow for hours on whatever it was he was barkin tryin to make a buck.  Never failed either he always had somethin bigger and better to make everyone's life easier didn't he?  

• Veg-O-Matic
• Chop-O-Matic
• Dial-O-Matic
• Mr. Microphone
• GLH Formula #9
• Ronco Grip Spatula
• Ronco Flip-It
• Smokeless Ashtray
• CleanAire Machine
• Ronco Seal-A-Meal
• Buttoneer
• Bottle & Jar Cutter
• Miracle Broom
• Miracle Brush
• Pottery Wheel
• Mince-O-Matic
• Auto-Cup
• Door Saver
• Battery Tester
• Candle Making Kit
• Drain Buster
• Cellutrol
• Feather Touch Knives
• Glass Froster
• Hav-A-Maid Mop
• Instant Shine
• Kitchen Magician
• Mr. Dentist
• Record Vacuum
• Roller Measure
• Salad Washer & Dryer
• Speed Tufting Kit
• Whip-O-Matic
• Ronco Spray Gun
• Splatter Screen
• Crepe Kit

Remember this one?  I just happen to know a a rockstar who'd bend over w/his rear facing the audience shred his guitar between his legs and blow the seam outta his rear end EVERY time.  SOOOOO, after every show that ONE guy NO ONE liked got to use one of these to seam his pants together. 

Kinda like when they first came out w/the Goodyear blimp cameraman.  That ONE GUY no one liked got to ride in the blimp.  Yeppers, he was gone for the day but he got to ride in the blimp for 4 minutes of glory during that event.  Think about it and quit laffin!  :)

•  

I have a VegOMatic.... It's handy, and much cheaper than a Wife. 😀😀🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Had a relative tell us we absolutely needed to get a juicer. It sits on the counter unused. It works great, but takes forever to  clean. Such a pain, as are many little kitchen gadgets. I would rather cut, slice, dice,juice, froth, mix... whatever by hand than have all the clutter.

Is it just me who feels that way?

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

• Veg-O-Matic
• Chop-O-Matic
• Dial-O-Matic
• Mr. Microphone
• GLH Formula #9
• Ronco Grip Spatula
• Ronco Flip-It
• Smokeless Ashtray
• CleanAire Machine
• Ronco Seal-A-Meal
• Buttoneer
• Bottle & Jar Cutter
• Miracle Broom
• Miracle Brush
• Pottery Wheel
• Mince-O-Matic
• Auto-Cup
• Door Saver
• Battery Tester
• Candle Making Kit
• Drain Buster
• Cellutrol
• Feather Touch Knives
• Glass Froster
• Hav-A-Maid Mop
• Instant Shine
• Kitchen Magician
• Mr. Dentist
• Record Vacuum
• Roller Measure
• Salad Washer & Dryer
• Speed Tufting Kit
• Whip-O-Matic
• Ronco Spray Gun
• Splatter Screen
• Crepe Kit

https://youtu.be/Egx7QzjvNBY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373793093634?epid=111784273&hash=item5707cdf802:g:h4MAAOSwmf5hktud&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0Bw73kJxzi0kCandL7t9xnLpkHoVl53mYWU1ULpL5txa3PDZn0zYxaJS4xNrGbK9SPyALQSwJ6qfuR%2FrSCauZGVyZnz234aPmrVxssx%2Byk9n5VBHHX%2BgNgxpsW7d5GLoRPRMdTauCvU8A%2BzICYanJ9y9eWINtytQvlo3fIxH8sY9XGer%2BPtJvgJSJV%2BDtgSxXNVP4UtRv6lnUSqnK8EPy%2FUs8B3dorf8VoWIWQHgrObEGcQ5qxpmZyzaxd2aj03yVPVVAVOO9qE%2FN0nkabfG%2Fzo%3D|tkp%3ABFBMkLDcwrRi

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Marvel said:

Had a relative tell us we absolutely needed to get a juicer. It sits on the counter unused. It works great, but takes forever to  clean. Such a pain, as are many little kitchen gadgets. I would rather cut, slice, dice,juice, froth, mix... whatever by hand than have all the clutter.

Was incredibly expensive to purchase fresh fruit

Alternative frozen product is loaded with sugar which I hate Do There's none for me

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Marvel said:

Yes it's just you......again. 

OK, no your right I see a few things and think the same thing so I don't get them. 

1 hour ago, Marvel said:

. It sits on the counter unused. It works great, but takes forever to  clean. Such a pain, as are many little kitchen gadgets.

But I did know a girl like that once.

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, dtel said:

Very true, it's probably most of the reason I am still alive.

Good point and the best of reasons actually!  You got it all werkin down there.  At times I think I'm stayin alive just to spite the ex. 

Heck of a reason actually cause the Bee Gees song by that name really does suck imo.  Make sure you've got the platform shoes on and know every one of those lil hand gestures and moves before you even attempt to go with the flow.  😂   💪

Interesting day yesterday.  A good friend/s son and grandson started a car audio store years ago.  I never thought I'd actually upgrade anything in what I drove but the bug hit.  Knew the old speakers were trash but one day I caught static from the kid about how could I drive a car w/a system that totally sucked?  Never listen to it anyway it's just noise but I do have my moments.  Yesterday I caved.

Grandpa always told me to tell his kid to give me the "DEAL!"  You ALL know how that rolls. Either a deal or a wallet rape so I didn't say squat just bought 2 spkrs for the rear  and was gonna blow off the doors. 

26 year old immaculate Nissan Maxima my momma never drove.  130k on it but it's minty and a head turner.  Old guy in old car.  I laff and they make payments every month.  :)  So I go in yesterday to have 'em throw 'em in.

Took dad & the kid 18 minutes to swap 'em and they had everything outta the rear end while jokin around w/me tellin stories on  grandpa. 

So I upped my game.  Wanna throw a pair in the doors since it's a cool day today?  So  they threw two in the doors.  25 minutes later done BUT I'd hit 'em with "the DEAL" story for another hoot.  His kid remembered me and knew me but then...

The right channel on the 26 year old never used radio went intermittant.  WTF some DEAL right?  Wrong.  They had an Alpine they'd been hoarding.  Some high roller dropped big bucks and his wife diddn't like it so he told 'em to pull it and put what SHE wanted in it. 

Told them to keep it cause he didn't want to see it again and wasn't gonna mess w/selling it so they did.  Threw that in the car for FREE and laffed the entire time.  Guy had it in his car for 2 weeks they said. 

The  kid wanted to make money but dad said why.  Just give it to him cause he's a good friend of dads. 😂  There is a God in heaven afterall. 

Poor grandpa got thrown under the bus but he'll take it well.  Can't wait to hear HIS side of it all when we bump again.  They were grinnin big time when I left but I was totally lost.  I just turned it up.  Haven't tinkered with it much but plan to.  It flat cooks in that lil thing.  lol  Great 30 minute drive home.  :)

The down side?  Daughter called last nite and wants to borrow the car for a couple hours today cause her brakes are shot but they couldn't do it til Monday.  My poor new system, fresh outta the box is gonna have 2-Pac at max volume the entire time.  Sucks to be me!  

Got her back though since she planted the seed.  Put the OLD speakers in the new speaker boxes and gonna wrap them up  and give 'em to her for Xmas.  Gonna share the love!  😂

Gonna make a run to  McD's for a snausage mc muffin w/egg now and show dem kids a thing or three.  Takin my mugga with me cause their coffee sucks.  Ha!  Might take a lil drive out in the country too and eyeball the corn fields.  :)

High of 80 today, bit of rain last nite here in Duckburg but I think Imma gonna make it.  At least until this eveniong when she drops the car off.  Grrrrrrrr!  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

That's funny, bet it sounds much better, but will be broken in roughly with bad music, sound like my dad now.

It's strange we never listen to music when we drive, an occasional football game when driving back from Hope on a Sunday.  I don't know why as much as we both listen at home, might have to start listening.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, dtel said:

I don't know why as much as we both listen at home, might have to start listening.

Yea, it'll happen now that I've planted the seed.  hahaha  Have a pair of Klipsch "something" sittin in the garage taking up space.  15$ @ an auction?  Someone had taken the horns out prior to the sale so no one wanted them but me.  I was thunkin but it'd never fit in my rear deck and Roy would prolly have my story on the install hanging on the toilet stall door for everyone to read in Hope.  He's sneaky like that me thinks!  lolol

• Like 1

• Moderators

I remember hearing a story a long time ago that PWK put some speakers in a friends car, Not sure if that was true or not.

Around 2005 we had a Jeep SUV and had a pair of Heresy's in the back, sounded really good. After a couple of years I took them out, it  took up alot of space and probably not the safest thing if we crashed.

• Like 3