Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

On 2/6/2014 at 9:45 AM, johnnydrama said:

I'm not a coffee expert by any means but I do enjoy a good cup of Joe. I generally have a 16oz mug every morning, 8oz. on the way to the gym at 6am, and the other 8oz. when I hit my desk around 8am. I probably drink more most weekend mornings.

I buy from my local home grown grocery called Bloomingfoods. Most of their coffees come from 3-4 local coffee bean makers and run $8.99-14.99 pound. My favorite right now is called Organic Love Buzz which is $10.99lb. I also buy whole beans and grind them right before I brew in the mornings. I recommend this if you are wanting to step your game up. To me grinding my own beans has been the single greatest increase in my coffee drinking experience I've ever experienced. I owned a Keurig for awhile, but it didn't brew as strong as I liked, although I admit I still enjoy the different flavors now and then when I visit my parents.

All in all, I'll drink a gas station Maxwell House if that's all there is, and be completely content.

I used a Burr Grinder for several years It was great Circumstances are such ATM.  That instant is the only coffee I am going to get. 🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grasshopper said:

Things should calm down, around here, next week. I don't do well when chaos is the normal...

Yea, had the entire right side of the garage sittin in the driveway yesterday.  Talk about a hoot?  I paced myself well spending time sittin and thunkin HOW I could get it all back in to make it easier to get out and use.  Factor in my hoarding?  WHY did I have a stack of about 25 empty cardboard lp boxes?  Even found a new golf umbrella!  I put it by my golf bag, which hasn't moved in 20 years.  Crazy!   😂

Rolled out at 11 today totally drained and thought it was Thursday.  😂💪

Just take it easy with that 2nd wifey Bill.  No hip thrusts when ur slow dancin.  You know how those Bronx wimmen respond.

@Tarheel always two-sides to every coin bud.  I'm sure that poor dog got his SBD's (silent but deadly's) outta Duke!  What's new your way?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Housing is crazy even around here.  I'm seeing houses I know selling for outta site prices.  I must be missing something.  It's like everything doubled in price.  Time to start looking at other avenues eliminating wood but it's high too.  Wild.

8 hours ago, babadono said:

Ah....everything HAS doubled in price..    if you don't feel it you're rich. And God Bless you.

3 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Alrighty @dirtmudd only got 200k and yep prices doubled since last autumno

Most of those don't even make it into my search at cabinhomes.com !

But the taxes are really bad up that way:unsure2:

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

Welcome to nys 

• Like 5

On 9/24/2023 at 5:12 AM, Invidiosulus said:

I tried for years to make things work with my wife.

It’s just not possible when only one of you is actually trying and the other is mentally ill.

Ja ..even if you´ve got a strong mentallity , like I have , there´s coming a point where you ( I ) give up. It makes no sense to invest anykind of energy into a failed marriage. It´s better to save that energy for yourself ( myselfe ) for the upcoming war from our lawers. The last two weeks I spent by a good friend mine , now i`m back in my house and living in the first floor apartment. She´s living with my son in the sec. floor . Good to have space and rooms enough in that house . 

You won't meet if you don't want to and my son comes to me when he wants to see me. Nevertheless, I'm looking for a new apartment in another city to really find distance, even from the house. Never would I have expected that it could affect me after 17 years of marriage , like many others. statistically I am as a normal man who has survived the average duration of a marriage in this day and age.   😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

So sorry to hear that Bill.  So many times people make bad choices in life,  which hurt family and friends down the road.  Hope your wife is holding up well and now that things have been resolved it gets better for you all.  

Always hard to to lose family no matter what the conditions.  My condolences to you and the family.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Gonna sign a contract for a new apartment in my hometown where I was born on monday. Studied the local newspaper today . Found an offer which I thought that will meet my demands, called the owner and during our conversation he told me that he wants to see me a.s.a p. because we had a very nice conversation and felt sympathy for each other. So we met.  I checked the apartment and it´s quiet nice , not big , but really beautiful. It has everything I need , incl. a fully equipped kitchen , a garden and a fantastique view into the landscape. During the next week I will pick up my most important apartment furnishings from the house into my new apartment. Than I will contact my laywer to start the war of divorce .  It´s a start into a new life for me and I´m looking forward to live it . Pretty exciting 😂  

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

Gonna sign a contract for a new apartment in my hometown where I was born on monday. Studied the local newspaper today . Found an offer which I thought that will meet my demands, called the owner and during our conversation he told me that he wants to see me a.s.a p. because we had a very nice talk and felt sympathy for each other. So we met.  I checked the apartment and it´s quiet nice , not big , but really beautiful. It has everything I need , incl. a fully equipped kitchen , a garden and a fantastique view into the landscape. During the next week I will pick up my most important apartment furnishings from the house into my new apartment. Than I will contact my laywer to start the war of divorce . 

It´s a start into a new life for me and I´m looking forward to live it . Pretty exciting 😂  

• Like 4

On 9/28/2023 at 10:48 AM, Dave1291 said:

Housing is crazy even around here.  I'm seeing houses I know selling for outta site prices.  I must be missing something.  It's like everything doubled in price.  Time to start looking at other avenues eliminating wood but it's high too.  Wild.

Low Interest Rates = High Prices. 🙄

• Haha 1