Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

52 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

My internet is quiet slow , can use my laptop with the mobile hot spot from my smartphone only . Needs to much time till threads loading it´s content. It´s time to take care of this issue soon , have an Idea and will solve this problem a.s.a.p. We had returned our clock´s last weekend by one hour, now we´re back in our regular c.e.t. , even it´s only one hour , waking up earlier and going to sleep earlier as well . Body and mind needs two or three days to be familliar with the change of time. How many different time zones do you have in the states ? 

The USA mainland has 4 time zones

We set our clocks back an hour this coming weekend.

it always takes me a little while to get used to the new schedule.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, grasshopper said:

and try to cash some of that daylight you've been "saving".

daylight saving time is just plain stupid.

Well apparently it was good for the farmers way back when.

But not sure how many of them have been eradicated in the last decade or two. Sad but true. That extra hour was really good back when I was lit all the time that did last call twice that night!

Hey, I posted something by that band yesterday or the day before!

• Like 3

Blah, 34 here in Sherwood Forest a suburb of Duckburg @ 3PM.  Robin Hood across the street has been out blowing it all away from his over-grown mansion.  Heard a blower all morning and finally had to slip out the front door to grab a couple lp's that showed up yesterday.  lol

Then figured I'd slip out and grab one of @JohnJ's favs.  A nice big Gyro w/fries.  Came home and there was Robin on his lil John Deere tractor just startin the clean up.  He smiles and waves so I waved back.  Inside I was laffin my rear off.  An old jacket n jeans wearing his Elmer Fudd plaid hat with the earflaps down.

Think Imma gonna wait since it's gonna be mid 40's Thursday and Friday.  Maybe I'm missin sumpin but at least that's some of his garbage that won't blow my way.  Kid to the South of me raked everything up around the base of his two trees in the front yard.  That's all headin my way too w/the wind.

Mr nice guy is gonna hit this place once or twice this year and forget it.  What I don't get will blow to the neighbors just North of me.  

Maybe a dawn to dusk curfew would work for this dude.  I just don't get it.  lolol

• Like 2

@grasshopper when I was little we talked about it at grade school. Teacher said it was enacted to help family farms have enough daylight hours to collect and store the crops. Don't think they had those similar to daylight lighting systems back then!

Dark thirty?

You lucky- duck!

It was whenever I heard my name called and I guess it was more quiet back then because everyone could hear their own mom calling. If she was angry... my middle name was included.

• Like 2

@grasshopper time for you to break out that big black stick and the sarong.  I'm puttin you in when the D-Backs come back to town.  F the cleats go barefoot!  Somethin better shake out after this beat down tonight!  

Sending you my Jobu from the movie Major League over night FedEx! 

And the rest of the story!  

😂😂💪 

• Haha 2

26° this morning when I got the kids on the bus and we are supposed to have a high of 42° today.

I think it was about 40° last night when we were out trick or treating.

We hit up most of the shops in downtown and then headed over to the neighborhood next to mine and the kids made the rounds there before we headed to my buddies place for a Halloween party and to get warm.

The eyepatch kept some heat from escaping my left eyeball.

The kids all claimed they were plenty warm.

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.3642783ac83d395cfdcab7b2f6ec51dc.jpeg

• Like 4

@grasshopper all I know is it's time for the electric blankie and flannel sheets after last night.  Was about 24 and snowing with mid 30's @ 3PM.  Talking up around 60 Friday & Saturday then it's goin down again.  Guess I'll have to take care of the yard. By then the neighbor kid next door should be on easy street.  His will be in my yard along w/those from Sherwood Forest since Robinhood has another 20' run across the street waiting for the boys or wind.  Whatever comes first I guess.  😂💪😂

@Invidiosulus Ya need a boom box to carry.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dave1291 said:

@grasshopper all I know is it's time for the electric blankie and flannel sheets after last night.  Was about 24 and snowing with mid 30's @ 3PM.  Talking up around 60 Friday & Saturday then it's goin down again.  Guess I'll have to take care of the yard. By then the neighbor kid next door should be on easy street.  His will be in my yard along w/those from Sherwood Forest since Robinhood has another 20' run across the street waiting for the boys or wind.  Whatever comes first I guess.  😂💪😂

@Invidiosulus Ya need a boom box to carry.

I had a Bluetooth speaker in my bag playing the Gravity Falls theme song and a bunch of remixes.

• Thanks 2

On 11/1/2023 at 5:22 PM, Invidiosulus said:

26° this morning when I got the kids on the bus and we are supposed to have a high of 42° today.

I think it was about 40° last night when we were out trick or treating.

We hit up most of the shops in downtown and then headed over to the neighborhood next to mine and the kids made the rounds there before we headed to my buddies place for a Halloween party and to get warm.

The eyepatch kept some heat from escaping my left eyeball.

The kids all claimed they were plenty warm.

IMG_2328.thumb.jpeg.3642783ac83d395cfdcab7b2f6ec51dc.jpeg

as we got autmn here as well ....it´s much much greener here, trees still full of leaves at early november , well 5 kids , keeping you busy and active the whole day through....you can be a proud man

• Like 3