Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

2 hours ago, Marvel said:

You have four 8 inch woofers in there... correct?

Correct.

I think “shoehorned” would be the correct nomenclature.

they are supposed to be wired in series/parallel with one woofer in each pair wired as if they were out of phase since they are facing the same direction.

This should put everything correctly in phase while reducing 2nd order distortion due to balancing out any  driver nonlinearities and vibration.

or whatever.

I don’t think the original version that Dennis made was ever measured and this might only be the second time anyone has tried this.

The specs on the woofer suggest that it will work well but the plenum chamber firing into the throat can also act as a low pass filter and I haven’t really modeled that part of it in Hornresp.

• Like 4

It looks like my worries concerning the low pass nature of the plenum volume were correct.

but, it’s much flatter than the K33 regarding the famous bump at 148Hz.

There might be(probably are) better drivers out there for this but these were $10 each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was a good start to the new week, I moved 2 doors into the basement, the ones from the kitchen and the bedroom. Instead I put very nice curtains in the door frames on tension rods, it looks great. Now all the rooms are freely accessible and the new apartment looks like an open loft. I also installed new lamps in the kitchen and the listening room. The new bed for the bedroom was also delivered last Saturday, so I no longer have to sleep on the air bed. Although I got used to it after more than 6 weeks, it's much better to sleep in the new bed.

Everything is progressing, the apartment is getting nicer and nicer and I'm feeling dam´n good. My son will be visiting me soon, I'm really looking forward to seeing him, my daughter is still traveling the world and won't be coming to visit me until January 2024.

• Like 6

I got lucky,  Grabbed a couple Army cot's on the way out the door.  When the first turned into a hammock I broke out the second one.  :)

Hit 66 here today so I did a "leaf removal solid" for some here in the hood.  Hit the kid next to me only cause they were filling my yard, then went a couple houses the other way and hit my old buddies yard. 

Known the guy for prolly 50 years and I was the first he told about his colon cancer.  A month ago he told me it was back and inoperable. 

He and his wife were out there yesterday piddlin around so I went his way and mopped up the mess.  He was out again piddlin so I yelled at him to get in the house and he didn't hear me so I pointed and he started laffin.  

Put stuff in the garage and the city boys were out here w/the big vac.  Perfect!  Tomorrow it's repeat.

• Like 3

Well hey @MicroMara I've got my fingers crossed because I might be close to obtaining one of two 1000 ft² houses I've looked at recently. One is in such a peaceful setting that it feels as if it soothes my soul. The other is more in the woods. They're both on the highest spots of their hood, one close to a large lake and built into the side of the hill like a hobbit house. That is the one that really is my best shot. It was built in 1992, the other in 1980.

So it's about time, and I'm kind of an excited old f@rt tonight!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Oh cr@p... I was supposed to learn all of that before 1980!

Butter is bad

Margarine from a laboratory is healthy

I can't even count the times that "they" lied to me.

But butter is a better flavor carrier than margarine, I like all dishes prepared with butter better than when I use margarine, especially when baking

• Like 4

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Well hey @MicroMara I've got my fingers crossed because I might be close to obtaining one of two 1000 ft² houses I've looked at recently. One is in such a peaceful setting that it feels as if it soothes my soul. The other is more in the woods. They're both on the highest spots of their hood, one close to a large lake and built into the side of the hill like a hobbit house. That is the one that really is my best shot. It was built in 1992, the other in 1980.

So it's about time, and I'm kind of an excited old f@rt tonight!

Beware of living in the deepest wood , at some point they will come, the wood spirits, and get you 😂

waldgeister.jpg.4369cace31f84161054440671f1ac79d.jpg

• Haha 3

@JohnJ  you see bud ..I suppose you can´t wait till starting a similar new life project like I´m experience it right now , OOHH I can tell you , it´s liberating the mind, body and soul , especially when you reactivate your audio gear ! Wishing you the best !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very true guys. If my big stubby fingers could work the forum controls well on my phone? I would have highlighted it somehow.

It was a facetious statement!

Without proof of planned drainage around the end of the home imbedded into the hill... Well it would be another false alarm.

I want that prior to my offer, not as a contingency.

• Like 2