Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Snow is gone , 50F here , strong winds and heavy rain , received a letter from my health insurance today , my rehab will start at feb 12. till march 5th. Looking forward  to that health treatment and trainee as I can´t stand these daily pains anymore, I´m tired to take so much pills against the pain since a couple of month. My Liver will be glad as well 😂

Still having too much problems with my Wlan in that apartment , the providers net isn´t perfect in this part of the city , it´s too slow and takes to much time to load a thread and follow up all posts in the kc. However....I´m with you 🤠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MicroMara said:

I´m with you 🤠

Scares me!  😂  😂  ANOTHER red-headed step brother!  😂💪  Now get that rehab done brother!  A step at a time stud!   You'll be moon walkin in no time!  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Me three!

Angus.png

And reading more about the one viable ISP that will provide to my address?

Wouldn't touch`em with a ten foot pole! (great tune!)

I'll pay the $15 extra for the cell phone to tether from. Then next month go with starlink and their big startup costs. I'll be able to lower my cell bill by $45 a month then. Since I'm here for the duration it'll all pan out, I could not deal with another spec um clone outfit!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey hey my cheap plumber called.  The mental alarm clock will be set for 0 dark thirty tomorrpw.  Think it'll be time for a second pot when he shows @ 0830.  My pioneer days might just be about over.  :)

50 today, a lil rain and that's about it.  Peanuts Snoopy GIF - Peanuts Snoopy Jumping GIFs

• Like 1

Of course I'm moving early today @Tarheel!  Plumber just left to go get a valve and called the city boys to turn the water off.  Light at the end of the tunnel finally.  Seems like that always happens then I can't rant anymore.  Just sad for an old curmudgeon like me.  :)

On the bright side coffee's done and I don't have to make him breakfast!   Dropped a youtube video ya might enjoy.  3 hour ride of "Whiskey Blues."  Enjoy the day!  

• Like 1

SO..

Ran out of that dark roast it's usually gummy and oily compared to medium. Took me thirty minutes to take it apart, vacuum grinds from everywhere use q-tips to clean the brass threads and the big grinders. Then vacuum again.

Got my Colombian brewed finally, it's in the thermos and will be hot until 4pm if I don't open it.

After the almost an hour setback it will be gone soon!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave1291 said:

Of course I'm moving early today @Tarheel!  Plumber just left to go get a valve and called the city boys to turn the water off.

You don't have a cutoff at the street? I can shut mine off at the meter, here.

• Like 1

On 1/23/2024 at 1:14 PM, Tarheel said:

8th day of Covid.  Sick....sick....sick.  Tested positive last Wednesday and then again yesterday.  Too tired to move😞

It’s been at my house too.

My two youngest boys and I were the last to get it and it’s been dragging us down since last weekend. 

I can tell they are feeling better. 
Instead of being flopped on the couch this morning they were sitting up playing Pokémon.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Marvel said:

You don't have a cutoff at the street? I can shut mine off at the meter, here.

That was the crux of it all.  There IS an outside line and the city comes out w/their long key and shuts the main line off.  Then you can replace the valve INSIDE the house, which is the main valvve in line before the meter.  The old valve on the inside was junk so it was a pita for me since that valve was totally corroded.   Freaky cause the old valve stem was ready to go.  There were two threads on the collar nut which goes around and holds the valve stem tight.  No way to put a wrench on it and completely close it w/o taking a chance on the collar nut splitting.  Then I'd have had an aquarium down there..  Had him put a ball swing valve in instead of the old gate valve.  They're much better than a gate valve.  shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbVseLAAKPAr-va-rFwk85_oGuKFXtrP2kRGcuvdoHs6mZZY4RF1tT2RkaiKOl3eUx9l_ouI_324neFwiwRZvn_4ZItGRHh3AiV9G2HgdZdPk19E4tig&usqp=CAs  It's either on or off.

Soooo, in talking to the water dept dude, who came in for coffee w/us, I found out the entire city had some water insurance automatically added to the monthly bill.  It cost $1.85 a month on your bill and you had an option to opt out.  Heck I didn't even know about it.  So he then said to pay the high bill then call this insurance company, fill out the paperwork online and they would pay the FULL difference in the bills AND pay for the plumber to repair the problem.  For 25$ a year?  The REAL plus is your limit on the insurance is 1k$ a year?  The plumber had just told me before the city guy came in he was only gonna charge me $100.  After hearing that I paid him 150 so he wrote me the bill for 150.  FINALLY, in my life I did the right thing by NOT opting out of something.    😂  😂  💪  😎

😂

18 minutes ago, Invidiosulus said:

Pokémon

Sounds like they're good to go too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dave1291 said:

Sure they do but NOT in my lifetime!  😂

Prolly in O-HI-O you have much more forgiving water. Out here the water is so hard it ruins anything you throw at it and sooner then you would think(hope).:angry2:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, babadono said:

"This will probably last longer than me".But like the BeachBoys said "God only knows"

I'm hoping that I last longer than me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe Brian Wilson was a plumber, geologist in his first life.  Lyricist's are strange yanno but then so are we!  I'd take your weather thou kinda, maybe.  lol

Now if the daughter returns my car in the near future I can relax and go back to my vegatative state.  Her's puked she told me a couple weeks ago right before she backed it outta the garage.

I had a couple flashbacks of being "grounded" when I was a kid.  Then the plumbing cuts loose so things are starting to look up.  At least she hasn't asked to borrow any money yet.  Notice the "yet."   I DID hear her say either THIS Friday or NEXT Friday she'd have a new one.  You know how that goes I'm sure.  😂

17 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

On the second pot of coffee already?  Not too bad for a curmudgeon.  :)  Tack sharp!  

Only had a cup and a half so far. And I just noticed it's 1:00pm.

• Haha 2