Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

whoa! I must have missed something...the best muscle car ever is a ’69 Roadrunner (Orange of course!).

Oh YESSS.... with out question.... that also is one of my all time favorites.... back when I was a teenager one of the neighbor kids snagged a 69 Road Runner with a 440 4 speed for $500.... I was soooo jealous:angry:

My dad had a 72 Road Runner..... I balled my eyes out the day he traded that car.....

56 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Practically grew up with a 68 GS 400,  MKP.  Now that was a classy car.

He!! ya.... love them old Buicks... 

Now bump it up a year to a 69 GS-X Stage 1 ....... that my friend is pure American muscle..... 455 cu in ...... 510 ft lbs of torque at just 2800 rpm

One of the most under rated muscle cars of it's time...... 

and I believe Buick made the "last" true muscle car.... 1987 GNX..... The 1st time I saw a turbo GN at the track I was like what the he!! is that. It was running a big block chevy... I'm thinking that big block is going to dust that black Buick... 

Both lanes were staged..... Buick was spooled up.... lights turned green.... Buick's front wheels came off the ground and dusted that big block... I was like OMG.... 

They just don't make cars like that any more.... imho....

MKP :-)

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Oh YESSS.... with out question.... that also is one of my all time favorites.... back when I was a teenager one of the neighbor kids snagged a 69 Road Runner with a 440 4 speed for $500.... I was soooo jealous:angry:

My dad had a 72 Road Runner..... I balled my eyes out the day he traded that car.....

He!! ya.... love them old Buicks... 

Now bump it up a year to a 69 GS-X Stage 1 ....... that my friend is pure American muscle..... 455 cu in ...... 510 ft lbs of torque at just 2800 rpm

One of the most under rated muscle cars of it's time...... 

and I believe Buick made the "last" true muscle car.... 1987 GNX..... The 1st time I saw a turbo GN at the track I was like what the he!! is that. It was running a big block chevy... I'm thinking that big block is going to dust that black Buick... 

Both lanes were staged..... Buick was spooled up.... lights turned green.... Buick's front wheels came off the ground and dusted that big block... I was like OMG.... 

They just don't make cars like that any more.... imho....

Stage II was even better but almost doubled the price of the vehicle.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jason str said:

Jason correct me if I'm wrong..... But was stage II a dealer install?

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I had an 87 GN that I tweaked.  It was fast as hell.

That's so cool Carl.... I know you could do a lot with that V-6.....

Back when I had my Buick's I would drool over the Kenne Bell catalog...... man so long ago.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jason str said:

Hmmmm... just did some internet detective work.... and as per Wikipeda.... there were only three stage two's ever built and all were dealer installs...... Kenne Bell was involved in one of the builds.

I spoke to Kenne Bell one Saturday..... I know it was a Saturday cuz in the catalog I had of his there was a tech line # that you could call and speak to him, but only on Saturday between what ever hours it was..... Long time ago.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

That's so cool Carl.... I know you could do a lot with that V-6.....

Back when I had my Buick's I would drool over the Kenne Bell catalog...... man so long ago.....

I replaced the e prom with a Kenne Bell chip.  The catalytic converter was taken off, gutted and reinstalled.   I also put a colder than stock thermostat in it.  The first  to second shift would roll the tires hard and it would chirp both rear tires on the second to third shift.  I also sent the digital cluster off for repair as the stock one would only read up to 85  then just flash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

Hmmmm... just did some internet detective work.... and as per Wikipeda.... there were only three stage two's ever built and all were dealer installs...... Kenne Bell was involved in one of the builds.

I spoke to Kenne Bell one Saturday..... I know it was a Saturday cuz in the catalog I had of his there was a tech line # that you could call and speak to him, but only on Saturday between what ever hours it was..... Long time ago.....

Yes, not sure how many were built but all parts were available for those who wanted more performance.

• Like 3