Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

HA!  My neighbor is on her way home right now with a BRAND NEW Denali in black !!   She will call me when she gets home, it is ONE INCH longer then her monster GMC  SUV..

She is worried about it fitting in the garage!!    Her other car is a Mazda MX-5 .........talk about opposites huh ??  :wacko:

• Like 5

Sorry Mark but have to agree with OT.....that is one ugly car.  Have fun at your party with the kids tonight.  You must be a mellow dude to handle all that craziness....sober:emotion-21:

Got on that link Mike provided and was all over the map from TR-3s to classic Mustangs to Sunbeam Alpine and Tigers.....

• Like 4

6 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I have had the urge to buy a used Porsche either a 911 or Cayman.

In college I worked in the service department of a Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes & Subaru dealership.. Frequently customers would ask a question like this, "I can buy a Porsche _____ for $XX,000.  Is that a good deal?"  My standard reply was, "What's your budget?  If it doesn't exceed the purchase price by 10%, don't do it."  You do not own an older Porsche, you subscribe to it.

• Like 5

Driving cat! Are you sure you are an OT...:)

it would have to be a vette for me, dreamed abut one ever since Route 66...as a kid...:)

Well they did not have the DonXX at the liquor store so, got what looks like a 5th of American Honey Whiskey.:o

So drinking a coupla Icehouse and searching for some herbal tea in Nancy's pantry...:ph34r:

Wait a minute, didn't she wear goggles and a scarf flying in the wind...:blush2:

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

In college I worked in the service department of a Volkswagen, Porsche, Audi, BMW, Mercedes & Subaru dealership.. Frequently customers would ask a question like this, "I can buy a Porsche _____ for $XX,000.  Is that a good deal?"  My standard reply was, "What's your budget?  If it doesn't exceed the purchase price by 10%, don't do it."  You do not own an older Porsche, you subscribe to it.

It's not my quote, but that has been my benchmark for any used car.  Even more in reality---you always have to do some things up front to bring them back up to snuff. 

• Like 4

Did not know Neil. Bet that experience has served you well over the while. :)Brother was a mechanic. Still like your car. Seems you talked about carrying speakers in the car. Maybe not...Cheers

Put on Monster CD with Rotel player and the Chorus are awesome...Almost spilled my beer but cat helped me with the save.:emotion-22: Just getting started here.

Let the 5th breathe for 5 seconds...:emotion-29:

• Like 4

Ooops, I don't know my GMC from my Cadilac SUVs !!!   The Denali IS the GMC she is trading in, and this is the Caddy she just brought home to see if it fit the garage...  Of course, it fit fine...  Now, after the test drive, she is back at the dealer as I type, trying work out some numbers.  This monster has 22" wheels !!IMG_0034.jpg...

• Like 6

This is the ALL GLASS display....IMG_0037.jpg...Thats the one ;)IMG_0039.jpgRunning boards INIMG_0045.jpg...........Open the doors, running boards come out...IMG_0044.jpg..Hind view...IMG_0041.jpg...MPK, you could drive that little Honda 'Coupe' in here :laugh:IMG_0036.jpg....Ok,  last one......Interior up front, I really like the color combo of the leathers....   All for now, got to mow my lawn BEFORE sundown!!!IMG_0035.jpg

• Like 4

Yes, for a large vehicle in nowadays terms, it is a bit of a monster. No wonder the powers use them and GMC . A person can move from one to another place safely and comfortably, in my opinion. The high performance can get you out of the mainstream hassle. A friend may still have her GMC Jimmy. She spent money on her seafoam color gmc and, it idid fine for a v-6. If gas holds, it is a bargain besides. Dependent upon the closing of course. Many of a Yukon, etc. has blown me away on the interstate doing extended speed limit. If less is more then, it does apply. 6 to 8 is doable in comfort.

Cheers...:)

• Like 5

Thanks for the opp to post music here but, it took me a while to discover that is what the right this minute thread is for.

Only thing is, it was never a place to post YouTube on, or was it all along? I think not!

That is why Sancho may have started the Tube musiic thread. That was never a success in my opinion especially as I was

looking for it to succeed.

Guess you can figure by now, I feel like posting one but resisting so, good for now. Miss Sancho too and Joe...

Got high on Tequila once...:)

• Like 3

Thanks for the compliments on Lynn's possible next ride.....  She called and said that he needs a little time to think about it, so, the Denali came back home for now...   When I took that interior shot from the back, I should have taken it from ALL the way back, as I was leaning in between the third row seating...     I don't know which motor is in that one, but the LED lighting everywhere is VERY cool...   Well, she will keep me informed on her decision ....

Billy, you can post your YouTube link ANYTIME over in RTM, Weber and other do it quite often, so feel free when the mood hits to let us know what you are watching or listening to.   Often I am introduced to great music when those links are offered....   

I will be over there tonight ;)

• Like 4

I appreciate that very kindly Tigerman.  Weber is a friend. Thought t it appropriate watching others do so. You are very sociable and understanding, in the first and present sense. I will and should follow the RTM thread more than I do...:) Actually as the sodium pentathol is working, I like or love the thread and actually posted a video there in the distant past. Seems it was in response to a BLSamuel about Otis...

You are very kind. Thanks!

• Like 4

No Billy, YOU are too kind :), join us tonight if you have a little R&R to tend to, we'll be there for sure ...... got my dinner going now, but should be on the scene by 8:30pm. eastern..   I am enjoying a SECOND audio system I just added to the Music Hall, so I have some choices now in speakers, amplification and media players..   This is a 2.1 system using all Pinnacle products that I have owned since the mid 90ies.  They have been in the theatre as my mains, but decided they were sitting idle too many years in there, as I spend most of my time in the Hall these days....       

But last night was my first real time to sit and listen to this arrangement in the largest room they have ever been in, and I am impressed with how the space is filled...   The KHorns sit and rest for a while....     I am refreshing a Dual 506 turntable right now, new parts have been coming in and I can't wait to get that in the mix along side the Rega...   Good times :emotion-21:

.....................Gary

• Like 4

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Same album ...Dallas...I believe that Dallas is the meanest town I know....Personal experience, it was all good and friendlier than from where I left.

Denton especially. Just like the JW riffs on that mean steel guitar. Any one mention dobro...:)

There is a t shirt which states---Denton, Always a few degrees cooler than Dallas.

• Like 3