Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

8 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

two solid hours of guitar work done ... now time to think about chow.  oh man...that means heading out into the SoCal Friday rush hour traffic--i must be mad!  

Friday afternoon rush hour on the Left coast and you're going to mix it up for chow? This might be a great time to start that diet!

(not to imply you need it of course)!

• Like 4

Happy Friday to all…Had today off, Had semiannual checkup today. How many folks here love their Dr. ????  Mine is awesome, a good guy to talk to.

Anyway I was talking with Mom today and Pops is having a problem with girls helping him with his shower, I had to laugh as I thought to myself I wish girls were HELPING ME with my shower…..

• Like 4

• Moderators
On 9/15/2016 at 8:50 AM, CECAA850 said:

An extra special thanks again to all those that wished us well and sent prayers for my daughters recovery.

I still need to go back and read, I am sorry I missed this, friends came into town and we have been playing tourist with them so I have not been on in many days. Hope she is well.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Friday afternoon rush hour on the Left coast and you're going to mix it up for chow? This might be a great time to start that diet!

(not to imply you need it of course)!

yeah...had to bear the traffic TWICE.  got the the eatery and realized i had left my bank card at home--had to go home and get it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, billybob said:

MKP, Tried this and 50 hours later, still super cool here. Another couple or 3 days will confirm...^_^

61m6sQsL12L__SL1000_.jpgsealant.jpg

Hope it works out for ya billybob..... A/C at my house is beyond that.... compressor locked-up a couple years ago :(

The window unit have done great for the last few years.... plus it's just me and The BOSS at the house now... so the house is empty till we get home..

MKP :-)

• Like 3

Good Saturday morning everyone :emotion-44: !

I was behind on reading the posts, so caught now from Wednesday!   

Chuck, many a time I have tripped with gear in my hands and protect it how ever possible!    I am sorry about your finger damage AND the RTR taking a little hit, those things (if like mine) are the heaviest things in the gear rack !!  

Mark, hope you had fun at the Reno races!

TUNEUPS...........well, nothing beats doing a plug change out on a GEN III Taurus SHO !   It really is like working on an exotic car..   One of the fellows on the SHO forum managed to get the plugs changed out in 4 hours and THAT was a record !   I believe it took me and a buddy half the day :blink2:  Coil on plug on those motors started in 1996 !  That V8 rear bank is stuffed UNDER the cowl against the firewall...  SO much has to be removed....Hood, cowl, top of motor and all that beautiful chrome hardware that you better NOT misplace, not to mention 16 intake runner band clamps!

MPK,hope your party last night was a huge success! 

OK, time to start the coffee and breakfast in general...

Landscape lighting for a FOUR neighbor to start, my own lawn work etc.   I know the weekend drill right ?

Another neighbor invited Chris and I to her place for a posh dinner she is putting together.........if that doesn't happen, I will be in RTM this evening resting up :biggrin:

Enjoy your day everyone...

................Gary

• Like 4

Not a mechanic and unfortunately did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.  For the last two weeks though I have had the urge to buy a used Porsche either a 911 or Cayman.  My friends are not with me on this and say buy American muscle instead.  I have heard the horror stories about cost of repairs so that ground has been covered. 

You guys want to take a shot at saving me from this itch that I'm trying to scratch?

• Like 4

Not a mechanic and unfortunately did not stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.  For the last two weeks though I have had the urge to buy a used Porsche either a 911 or Cayman.  My friends are not with me on this and say buy American muscle instead.  I have heard the horror stories about cost of repairs so that ground has been covered. 

You guys want to take a shot at saving me from this itch that I'm trying to scratch?

I would like to have a Porsche 944. But i do love the smell of American Muscle in the fall.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Go rent and drive different ones to see what it rides like and shifts like. American can be had for less, like you say. Corvette, Trans AM, 300Z...

Convetible... Some like the Carrera. Lots of low profile cars nowadays that look sporty and will really honk down the Interstate or autobahn.

Sorry, I can't help...scratchB)

For that matter bet your Volvo will exceed some on the track, lol!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

No way I'm talking you out of it.

• Like 3

Hey Chuck, just test drive a new Mustang GT............even the standard V6 is a 300+hp performer!   MOST bang for the American buck, and they are now fully independently suspended!!   Which equates to the best handling that car has ever had!  I know that Mustang Guy will have more to add I'm sure :laugh:

..............g

• Like 4