Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Inquiring minds want to know how much salt is on hand, and what the ratio of salt to sand is, and what kind of sand, and what kind of salt.  Not only that, but where is this barn and what type of structure is it? What fuel do these trucks use?  Is there enough on hand to keep them on the roads? How much combined experience do the drivers have?  What do they wear at work?  I can't believe this doesn't interest you too.

• Like 4

Morning yet again gang

Wind gust to the better part of 45 Mph.

Just waiting for this big-ol-redwood in the back 40 to become a widowmaker.

Wife off to pick up the Cruise boat sailor.

Me, Kit-Kat, coffee, and i suppose if i want that waffle, im going to need to make it :o

15826656_10210284255598018_8638398826731252084_n.jpg

• Like 7

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Tigerman said:

Ok, just looked out the kitchen window................the trusty LL. Bean thermo says a tick over..........5 !!    Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr <_<

Poor thing, bet it's thinking I wish I was sold in Miami. 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

Funny you mentioned that. Two years ago we hit a low of -18 one night. My $14 cheapo TSC thermometer froze that night, it was stuck at -8

Can't blame it, it got tired of fighting and just said this is :pwk_bs: as it died. :blush2:

2 hours ago, minermark said:

Drama queen weather people are out in force.

That's there job, they don't really care about the weather, just want to add as much drama as possible, just like the normal news.

• Like 6

• Moderators
1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

with Italian sausage for tonight

MMM Italian sausage, sausage makes anything better. 

Smoking some chicken and pork loin today, was going to do it yesterday but it was colder and really windy.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, dtel said:

MMM Italian sausage, sausage makes anything better. 

Smoking some chicken and pork loin today, was going to do it yesterday but it was colder and really windy.

Is it possible to have too much sausage in sausage gravy?:D

• Like 3

1 minute ago, richieb said:

Wow Oldtimer you Are a salt barn affecianado, hats off. I might actually watch the barn report with you on the broadcast!? 

Haha....it is a science. It's mostly liquid around here, and pre-treating is all in the timing. I thought I heard a DOT rep say that their salt brine had syrup or molasses in it.

• Like 2

Morning/Afternoon all,

It's been a few days. Just catching up on all the posts. 

MAN!..... Gary,  I'm really sorry I missed the gathering for Boxx over RTM... I should have checked in Friday to see whats going down on the forum.....

39 minutes ago, richieb said:

ANY type of inclimate weather is the headline.

YEA...... for real ricieb.... It kills me as they zoom into a pic of there foot in a slushy puddle and tell everyone to bundle up and rive careful...... yea no Chitt Sherlock...

and now the news that we watch is gonna be starting at 4:30am.... what the...... let me tell ya..... at 4:30 MKP is sleeping with Stoney at my feet.... 

Cold Cold Cold for sure!!!! Did I say COLD.... We are also in the grip of this Arctic Air mass that seems to over most of the country.... Were right at nice 18* right now. The predicted high is 20* this afternoon. We didn't get a whole lot of snow. maybe a inch or two.... but the Southern part of the state and the ocean got up to a foot. That's weird stuff... 

Yesterday The BOSS and I worked in the house.... we put away the x-mas stuff and got the basement fixed up a bit. We are still weeding through crapp. Crapp that's been piling up for years.... Also were getting the empty rooms together..... The BOSS's dad past away one year ago today..... and our one daughters room and her to kids rooms are the same as they were when they left a year ago to live with The BOSS's mom. It's not total chaos.... just stuff that needs to go.

We got the main living area of the basement done... put up our new 55" Samsung TV..... chilled out on the futon with Stoney and Boney and the fire blazing:emotion-21::emotion-21:

Speaking of fire... man I've burned some wood this year..... I'm looking at my pile asking myself..... "do I have enough wood for the rest of the year??"  I still have a bunch of really big logs to split.... It's not gonna happen this weekend... 

We also got the upstairs living area all squared up. There was just stuff from the holidays and just a cleaning was in order.... House looks good. We might be having one of my buds over that I used to work with at the dealer. My bud Ernie..... We worked next to each other for years.... This guy is a trip... Back in the day he had keys for the dealership service dept. He would go into the dealer on Sundays and do all of his side jobs... Till the one Sunday came and the V.P. of the company caught him in there with 10 cars on the lifts:lol:..... For real... I would go in on a Monday and Ernie would tell me he's been there all night working.... this went on for years.... Ernie didn't get fired but he had to cool the "side work" thing down... I was also on board with this "side work" gig, but not as much as Ernie. I would do a few side jobs a week after hours.  

Ernie and I have always been friends. We love music, he was the 1st to get a real audio system back in the day (from all of his side work lol lol). He told me he was shopping for speakers and was going to buy some Klipsch. Back then I knew of Klipsch and even heard them before. But I had my heart set on the big Polk SDA 1.2's.. I was thinking well the Polks are much bigger they have to put out more sound.... Ernie told me that the Klipsch blew the Polks away:o...... He told me the Polk's couldn't keep up with the amp he was looking at.  I was like no way... how can this be???? This was long before I knew anything about efficiency of speakers... Ernie bought a new pair of ChorusII's with a Caver TFM-42. He brought them over to my old house one weekend and after a good ear and chest pounding I knew Klipsch and Carver would be in my future....

Ernie owns his own shop and has for many years... he got his shop years before I left the dealer, he has always wanted me to work for/with him... But he was unable to give me the money I was making at the dealer..... back in the early 90's I was making a killing at the dealer...

Anyway Ernie and I don't talk as much we did, but I called him a few weeks ago and we were catching up on old times. I was telling him about my new JBL set up... I was saying how the JBL's makes the Chorus sound like a set of book shelf speakers..... he was like no way. 

So it was The BOSS who called Ernie this past Friday to tell him to get over to the house cuz it's been too long since we've hang out.... So hopefully he'll come on over today...

Ok gang that's about it.... I did manage to catch up on a bunch of posts and I ended up running out of "likes" lol lol...... 100 is the max in a day:P

Check back later...

MKP :-)

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE said:

My dad always told me......

When your stoking the fire your not looking at the mantel ;)

MKP :-)

Haha...I like that....I'll be using it.

In your other post about your friend Ernie. I like people that like to work and stay ahead of the game. I'll bet you boss admired you two for working so much, and he probably had to say something to protect the dealership, but deep down he probably wanted to say it's okay to work here after hours. 

This has been an odd winter for us also. We had a -20 windchill Friday night, now warming, and up to 60 Tuesday! Then 3 inches of rain next weekend. 1" of rain equals 10" of snow...so it might get interesting.

Gary had a very good showing on RTM and the Box tribute. A lot of good thoughts about Kevin and a lot of good tunes.

Good luck with the wood splitting, that's quite the chore. My Dad used to have us help him with that stuff....looking back it was actually fun. It will make you strong.

Enjoy the day.....Bill

• Like 6

Welp, it's raining Cats&Dogs, one hella lot of noise.

Wife is out at the airport.

Daughter #2 on netflix.

Neighbor on my east side passed away last Sat.

I do believe i need to Counter act this terrible noise, AMP's Warming.

Dual system from hell about to get broke in.

MKP missed my wire-up, Amp-up of both McMs/EAW stacks last week, QSC 1700s, one on each stack @4 ohms = 500 wpc......

Really? well im just going to check that chit out :o

McMs front

EAWs rear .........and here we go........

29348920165_966ac05a52(1).jpg

31181309023_f392cbd6a2.jpg

• Like 6