Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

initially, i asked for no meds. Doc said she’d do it if i insisted; but, she preferred that i be asleep in case she had to remove a polyp--she doesn’t want her patients to move at the wrong time. So, i agreed to take a nap.

When i took my brother, they gave him the meds; but, it didn’t put him to sleep. he watched the entire procedure on the monitor. Halfway through he asked the doctor a question and he said, “You’re still awake?” My brother said he wasn’t even the slightest bit sleepy. Doc said “you must have a high tolerance for medication."

• Like 3

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Dang, now I want the best sleep I have ever had. I'll remember!

If you forget the name of the drug just tell them you want what Michanel Jackson used.  Don't worry they won't walk off and watch TV while you're under.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

Don't worry they won't walk off and watch TV while you're under

how do you know what they do when you’re under?  They could be dressing you in a pantsuit and putting a Hillary sign in your hand.  You never know.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

If you forget the name of the drug just tell them you want what Michanel Jackson used.  Don't worry they won't walk off and watch TV while you're under.

do they have a camera if they do walk off and desert me?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

When i took my brother, they gave him the meds; but, it didn’t put him to sleep. he watched the entire procedure on the monitor. Halfway through he asked the doctor a question and he said, “You’re still awake?” My brother said he wasn’t even the slightest bit sleepy. Doc said “you must have a high tolerance for medication."

Last time I was under, I remember waking up when the surgeon said "oops!" True story.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

how do you know what they do when you’re under?  They could be dressing you in a pantsuit and putting a Hillary sign in your hand.  You never know.

I've had the strangest dreams about bedpans and bottles ever since...

• Like 1

i had a minor surgery once...just given a local. Doc had asked if three med students could observe. I said yes. He starts the procedure and then starts telling the students how many lab animals he killed in med school from giving them to much anesthesia.  Finally i had to jump in and ask, “Hey doc, how much did you give me?"

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I actually tried to get my wife the either put a bullseye on my butt or write exit only on it the first time I had a colonoscopy.  She wouldn't do it as she had to drive me home and didn't want to hear what the Dr had to say in the "exit" interview.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Seeing you in a pantsuit is plenty good for me. To helll with the Hil sign.

• Like 4