Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So if Stew ever makes instant ramen for you, feel privileged.

i’d try to make it... can’t guarantee it will taste good.  When the kids were little i tried to make mac & cheese.  followed the directions precisely--tasted like crap, went out and bought them a pizza. 

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I don't either.  If you like tabasco, look for Grace, from Jamaica.  They sell different varieties, all good, but I'm talking about the basic red table sauce simply called by it's brand.

found at most major grocery stores???

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Steve, you a crunchy or smooth guy?  I may think less of you, or admire you based on your answer.  No pressure and no fence straddling.

You’ll probably think less of me; but, don’t worry, you have a lot of company,

Creamy.  

I pretty much hate crunch period. No crunchy french fries either. Don’t like things that are breaded that give it a crunch. 

54 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ate a really lot of reeses peanut butter cups

You ate a boatload of Chemicals, very little choc, and NO peanutbutter, Resses is "Flavor Enhanced Fillers"

You know, like from a rendering plant, same ingredients that are sold to the makers of Dog/Cat food.

• Like 1

hey Carl...to show you how much i hate crunch in my food -- when i eat cereal, i pour in lots of milk and let it sit until the cereal is nice and soggy. Best way to eat Wheaties. Today i bought a box of frosted mini wheats; but, my all-time favorite is Fruity Pebbles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minermark said:

You ate a boatload of Chemicals, very little choc, and NO peanutbutter, Resses is "Flavor Enhanced Fillers"

You know, like from a rendering plant, same ingredients that are sold to the makers of Dog/Cat food.

i suspect you are totally right. But, it would take a British woman to talk me into eating chocolate again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigStewMan said:

hey Carl...to show you how much i hate crunch in my food -- when i eat cereal, i pour in lots of milk and let it sit until the cereal is nice and soggy. Best way to eat Wheaties. Today i bought a box of frosted mini wheats; but, my all-time favorite is Fruity Pebbles.

I figured Cocoa Crispies was out of the question.

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

DeadMan Walking.

You got out of the OC alive, start eating a tad better, time to drop some bad things.

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

was at a drive in movie and ate a really lot of reeses peanut butter cups...had a bad asthma attack, ended up in emergency room. My mind linked those two events and i’ve never touched chocolate since. may very well have just been a coincidence; but, my mind already connected those dots.  so yeah, i’m ascared of chocolate now.

what did smoke before you had the munchies ?

• Like 1

Just now, minermark said:

DeadMan Walking.

You got out of the OC alive, start eating a tad better, time to drop some bad things.

don’t worry Mark -- this is the first box of cereal that I’ve bought in a year.  I pretty much anti-sugar in my diet. Extremely rare that i eat dessert. I like pies and ice cream; but, i don’t want that sugar intake.  Sodium is my problem--NEVER add salt to my food; but, i eat out most all the time and all that food is so high in sodium.

Don’t eat a lot of meat either. Ate Vegan for a while...and didn’t hate it. 

But, you’re right ... since my move, i’ve really slipped up and haven’t been eating well. 

Had a tuna sandwich last night for dinner.

When i bought the cereal and PB&J today, that was a spur of the moment purchase, i had my cart loaded with fresh fruit.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dirtmudd said:

what did smoke before you had the munchies ?

had already developed asthma by that time, so had quit smoking completely. It didn’t take too many times of struggling for air for me to decide that smoking was a thing of my past. I admit, at first, i would grab the bong and think if it got high enough i wouldn’t realize that i was short of breath.  That didn’t work out so well, so smoking as stopped cold turkey. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, minermark said:

You got out of the OC alive

i did; but, my buddy’s wife recently told me that they put him in hospice. cancer and developed gangrene, doctors told her there is nothing more they can do; but, try to make him as comfortable as possible -- which means heavily sedated probably.

Glad that i had dinner and spent the evening at his house a few days before i took off. We go back 20 years.

• Like 2