Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

^^^^^

Cant say I'd mind seeing some in these parts myself,'Heel. After all if my geography is reasonably good your goodies flew right over my house on their route to you. I mean I am in "fly over country" dammit. But to be honest I can buy See's just down the road a few miles so no worries.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

chocolate free since ’83.

i’m not a chocolate eater ... i’m leaving it all for you folks. 

Doesn't agree with you?  I eat 72% chocolate every day.  It's a great antioxidant.  It's one of the few things that's actually good for you and tastes good too.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Doesn't agree with you?  I eat 72% chocolate every day.  It's a great antioxidant.  It's one of the few things that's actually good for you and tastes good too.

was at a drive in movie and ate a really lot of reeses peanut butter cups...had a bad asthma attack, ended up in emergency room. My mind linked those two events and i’ve never touched chocolate since. may very well have just been a coincidence; but, my mind already connected those dots.  so yeah, i’m ascared of chocolate now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

was at a drive in movie and ate a really lot of reeses peanut butter cups...had a bad asthma attack, ended up in emergency room. My mind linked those two events and i’ve never touched chocolate since. may very well have just been a coincidence; but, my mind already connected those dots.  so yeah, i’m ascared of chocolate now.

Can you eat peanut butter?  I've seen more peanut allergic reactions than chocolate.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Can you eat peanut butter?  I've seen more peanut allergic reactions than chocolate.

yeah, no problem with peanut butter -- in fact bought a jar today.  may go old school with a PB & J sandwich for dinner ... or a bowl of cereal.  remember the bachelor life?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Ramen noodles and Hamburger Helper.  I was just talking to my daughter about just that yesterday.

both of those requiring cooking. i have a real lazy streak when it comes to preparing my own food. here’s how bad i am ... i won’t even buy a microwavable item if the instructions say to cook a certain amount of time and then turn it over or stir it and cook longer.  Nope--not going through that much work just for myself. Now, if i’m preparing something for someone else, i’ll put forth the effort; they’re worth it, i’m not. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yeah, no problem with peanut butter -- in fact bought a jar today.  may go old school with a PB & J sandwich for dinner ... or a bowl of cereal.  remember the bachelor life?

I'm guessing you have managed to procure a spoon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

both of those requiring cooking. i have a real lazy streak when it comes to preparing my own food. here’s how bad i am ... i won’t even buy a microwavable item if the instructions say to cook a certain amount of time and then turn it over or stir it and cook longer.  Nope--not going through that much work just for myself. Now, if i’m preparing something for someone else, i’ll put forth the effort; they’re worth it, i’m not. 

So if Stew ever makes instant ramen for you, feel privileged.

• Like 2

Just now, oldtimer said:

I'm guessing you have managed to procure a spoon.

it’s not mine ... my brother owns all the dishes, except my daughter gave me a set of heavy duty drinking glasses.  i did purchase a few things that my brother will use (and i’ll enjoy) like a rice cooker and i may learn how to make coffee so i bought a coffee pot--since it will get cold here in a few months.