Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

39 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

It’s currently snowing, coming down at a moderate clip.  Not sticking on the roads though. I should be drinking a hot coffee; but, this ice-cold 7-Up is hitting the spot.

I’ve finished all my errands, so i’m home for the remainder.

how about a hot chocolate..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dirtmudd said:

how about a hot chocolate..

I’ve been chocolate free since ’83. 

ate a bunch of chocolate at a drive-in theatre one night ... asthma attack ... emergency room ... my mind linked the chocolate and the asthma together and the rest is history.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

It’s currently snowing, coming down at a moderate clip.  Not sticking on the roads though. I should be drinking a hot coffee; but, this ice-cold 7-Up is hitting the spot.

Steve it's ok it's just what you are not used to rain, but in a frozen state. :huh:

38 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nice, we have the AC on here.

Same here, 84 today.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ate a bunch of chocolate at a drive-in theatre one night ... asthma attack ... emergency room ... my mind linked the chocolate and the asthma together and the rest is history.

how about a nice Asian Lf for you !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigStewMan said:

Do you have much experience with the snow? I know you were in Michigan years ago, so I think you have. I'm not ready for winter yet.

48 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Nice, we have the AC on here.

We hit 74 yesterday, the wife wanted the AC on but I opened the windows instead. 64 today.

29 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I'm a huge fan of chocolate.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Do you have much experience with the snow? I know you were in Michigan years ago, so I think you have. I'm not ready for winter yet.

We hit 74 yesterday, the wife wanted the AC on but I opened the windows instead. 64 today.

I'm a huge fan of chocolate.

I can't get enough of chocolate..or 

coffee !!! speaking of chocolate where's Gia's Halloween bag ??

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I lived five years in Michigan plus i worked on an ice-breaking ship ... so yeah, done my time in the snow.  Granted, working on that ship, i was 18 years old -- my body reacts a bit differently these days.  Funny story, when i reported to the ship, I didn’t even own a coat. I bought one the following day -- although i was provided a nice foul weather parka for work.

I really don’t enjoy driving in the snow and i drive like an old lady when the roads are slick. Didn’t take but two times spinning out to convince me that I don’t care if the guy behind me is pissed off ... i’m going to do what i feel is safe. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 hours ago, USNRET said:

I want weather cold / long enough to kill skeeters

Don't know about that, I remember duck hunting in freezing weather being eaten up by mosquitos, but it was in the marsh.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

That's about how the mosquitos are in South Louisiana, and almost that big. They have people killed before when their boat broke down and they were stuck in the marsh all night.

What they say to do if you get stuck out there all night is to reach down into the edge of the water and get mud, pack in on your skin and light clothing to cover you so they can't get to your skin to bite. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1