Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not much of a beer drinker nowadays, but back in the day.....the best bartenders I have ever seen were in Dublin, pouring dozens and dozens of Guinness, waiting for the perfect time for them to settle and then serve, along with mixed drinks, wine, etc, etc.  What a show.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Not much of a beer drinker nowadays, but back in the day.....the best bartenders I have ever seen were in Dublin, pouring dozens and dozens of Guinness, waiting for the perfect time for them to settle and then serve, along with mixed drinks, wine, etc, etc.  What a show.

you mentioned Guinness and now a Guinness commercial comes on television and I have Guinness in the fridge ... i guess there’s no denying it. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
3 minutes ago, dtel said:

You know why they drink other things at the same time with Guinness, because it taste so bad.

Now it is confirmed you have no Irish

None at all, I don't even like the whisky.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dtel said:

You know why they drink other things at the same time with Guinness, because it taste so bad.

once upon a time, i felt the same way.  But, bought some a couple months ago, and suddenly liked it. Well, I’m not overly fond of the Extra Stout; but, the Draught is excellent.

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

Chuck my brother ... you’re scaring me dude.  why do you know the names of flowers and worse yet, when they peak?

Well yea :rolleyes:

Azaleas are almost to mid bloom here depending on which ones, you can see some in the background of this pic (today), the bananas have started growing already. Japanese maples are starting to sprout.

DSC_4620_3071.JPG

• Like 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:
7 minutes ago, dtel said:

None at all, I don't even like the whisky.

what about Whiskey? i mean, since we’re talking about the Irish.

See, just like that, I can't even spell whiskey from Ireland ! :blink:

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

that’s good news, means you’re making money.  Been thinking about getting a job myself. 

Don't do it....it's overrated! 

I'm actually looking at a different job, a commercial general contractor wants to hire me. They keep upping their offer, and it's starting to look pretty good.

I've been self employed for 26 years, be a big change.

• Like 3

Just now, Ceptorman said:

Don't do it....it's overrated! 

I'm actually looking at a different job, a commercial general contractor wants to hire me. They keep upping their offer, and it's starting to look pretty good.

I've been self employed for 26 years, be a big change.

yeah; but, might be good in some regards. Let him worry about all the business stuff -- you just work and cash your check. 

I don’t “have” to work; but, if i keep spending money like it’s going out of style, i may have to.  Actually, it may make this final year here go faster. Then again, i should probably wait until summer is over ... no need to overreact.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Flowers are a man’s nemesis.  Back in my married days, i finally figured out that the wife wanted flowers on certain occasions. Well, one birthday or anniversary, i stopped on my way home and bought her some flowers. She was pissed. I then learned that the flowers must be delivered to her at work so she can show off in front of the other ladies. 

I give up.

That was her problem.  I had one similar to that once.  Once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1