Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
8 hours ago, dirtmudd said:

$29,995

LaVergne, TN
2000cc · 45,956 miles
This is the Datsun that established the company (now Nissan) as a racing force to be reckoned with. This little car is a blast to drive! Paul Newman started his racing career driving one of these and they went on to dominate SCCA racing for years in both C and D production classes.

That's expensive for me, I should have not sold it and kept it in a garage considering inflated cost of the price today. But no, like a dummy I sold it and bought my first new, car a Trans Am, I was young and stupid. Had a few 2 seater convertibles over the years, MG, Austin Healey, the AH was a Sprite model, it was so small I could roll up the passenger window without leaning over. Broke a rear axle, and had such a hard time replacing it I sold it after it was repaired. 

1969 was the last year for Datsun, it changed to Nissan in 1970. They came out with the 240z then 260,280, none could keep up with the Datsun, they all wanted to race, once was usually enough for them to realize they were all looks.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, WillyBob said:

SCALAS IN DA HOUSE!!!! Pissing off the neighbors right now.  They do not sound tinny or shrill at all.

Glad your liking them, add a sub later and be shocked, it's a perfect match for a sub.

Doing that to the neighbors is OK, not a great idea to do it to the wife, your probably scaring off critters. 

59 minutes ago, dtel said:

Glad your liking them, add a sub later and be shocked, it's a perfect match for a sub.

Doing that to the neighbors is OK, not a great idea to do it to the wife, your probably scaring off critters. 

My Daughter's dog was fine with me listening to music. It's when I heavily upgraded my sub is when the dog became a little nervous 😀

• Haha 1

my dogs really dig it when we watch movies.  no.  /sarcasm off - they don't.  they go to looking behind us to see what's coming to get them.  I think it's funny until the barking gets out of hand.  I wonder what mine will do whenever I get "approval"  (wink) & add 1 or more subs to the mix.  my little wiener dogs may be feelin' the spl - hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dtel said:

1969 was the last year for Datsun, it changed to Nissan in 1970. They came out with the 240z then 260,280, none could keep up with the Datsun, they all wanted to race, once was usually enough for them to realize they were all looks.

I think my  510 was a '71. 1600cc -- 95HP. Independent suspension and limited slip diff. I think it was one carb short of the 1600 sport car... Plus some sheet metal. Fun little car. Wish I still had it

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, WillyBob said:

I think my  510 was a '71. 1600cc -- 95HP. Independent suspension and limited slip diff. I think it was one carb short of the 1600 sport car... Plus some sheet metal. Fun little car. Wish I still had it

Tha car was 2000cc which is 120 ci but what made it fast was everything else, the extra carb, overhead cam, headers with a 5 speed plus a light body, it would spin the tires going into 3rd gear. My dad and uncle had an aircraft repair business and had the tools used to balance the airflow and get mulitable carbs working together,  most plane engines had more than 1 carb, this really did help, they would play with it test drive and repeat untill they were happy. I think they just liked driving it.

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Sad it is and fits the mood........would have been my 32nd anniversary today. 

Sorry to hear that, it's something you would never get past, I couldn't imagine. 

But your doing well, she is/would be happy your OK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, WillyBob said:
1 hour ago, dtel said:

So what are you thinking about the sound ?

do ya really need to ask... lol

remember, I am coming from R15Ms....  those are nice......... but

I knew it would be a big difference. But for some people the extra midrange can be overwelming, it's quite the change from most speakers. They are very clear and will show any problem with the quality of a recording, which is a good thing on good recordings. Congratulations  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

News to me, so sorry that you lost her if I'm reading that correctly.

My wife Julia, a juvenile diabetic, passed away in 2010.  She underwent three organ transplants and then suffered a heart attack.  Heart surgery was successful but she never recovered.  October 9th, 2010 as I drove home from Duke was the worse day of my life.

Life goes on and I have a LF and a new dog.......but Julia was special......missing her today.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

• Moderators
1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Still have the 70 beetle.   69 1500 cc engine, somewhere south of 95hp.  Love it.

My first car was a beetle. When I was 14 my dad had a friend with 5 of them in his backyard plus a van. Dad bought them all and brought them home and told me if I wanted a car I had to make one. They were all messed up somewhere but there was enough parts to make 1 good one, I unbolted everything I could to get them apart. He orded all the replacement rubbers for the fenders and other things from the JC Whitney catalog. The cars were from the early 50's to 60's but all parts fit each other, only bad thing was it was 6 volts which would not let you use just anything.

• Like 2