Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

10 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Unless they get away we would track 24/7 and then turn over to the folks deployed to Rota, Spain or Bermuda depending on where the sub was headed. This track was a month long and we would be airborne around 12 hours. There was always one on top, one going home and one coming out to relieve the crew on top. Land, de-brief and do it again 12 hours later.

The West can ‘thank’ Japan’s Toshiba for giving the old Soviet Union the key to ultra-quiet propeller technology used in many NATO subs.

Wb

• Like 3

@windashine Yea, sounds great til you look out and there's a half-pot of coffee on the floor because ya forgot to shove the pot under the brewer...  Ummm, NO!  Gave it to a lady who doesn't have much.  She cleans here along w/a big tub of unopened Folger's.  She then told me her Mr Coffee puked 6 months ago and she couldn't afford a replacement so had been drinking instant.  Running perfectly for her.  Imagine that!  😂  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

@Tarheel love my flip-flops too, from the 80s. Picked up on a trip to Daytona, way before I realized my "heart" would lead me to live there. They aren't made like these anymore, and I hate the other kinds.

IMG-20181207-133232.jpg                                                          

It's going to be chilly out there this weekend, I can always feel and sometimes smell when snow is in the mountains or around I-40.

They were calling for 10 to 15 inches here yesterday. It leveled out to 8 to 12 for Sat - Mon and has not changed lately. Bread and beer flew off the shelves here the last couple of days. Couldn't live off of that if I had to.  :laugh:

Just found out I'm out of Texas Pete, before you rag on me yea I know it isn't hot but I love it anyhow!!

Back to the grocery store today it seems.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

sounds great til you look out and there's a half-pot of coffee on the floor because ya forgot to shove the pot under the brewer...

Remember doing that a couple of times, once was with one of those models with the little button under the part that holds the grinds. It was a pot that didn't match and the button was not pressed, so it never went into the pot but it overflowed and went everywhere else.

No automatic for me, a possibly older than me Drip-O-Lator pot from my grandfather.  

• Like 3

trying catch up/keep up.   Still not up to snuff. Feeling  better. That was a very low bar. Have my wood delivery today or tomorrow. I predict nice weather for the rest of the winter.  I'm ready for it to turn foul.

Waiting for the wife to come home, again. Another conference... she sez. She been gone more than home the last two weeks.  Give me a moment and I will go back to feral...  Drinking coffee from the pot. Cranking up the music at 6AM...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
6 hours ago, windashine said:

. o O ( Drip-O-Lator ! ) … now there's' an idea, but where oh where is the cord... oh yeah, stove top brew... Mmmmm

That's VERY close to the one I have. Except my top is missing and mine needs to be cleaned, it's been a while, it's used constantly.

image.jpeg

• Like 3

This week should be fun.  Painters are coming bright and early Monday morning to paint the music room.  Everything is pulled to the center of the room to access the walls.  Tuesday morning will be vacuuming, dusting, uncovering the gear and putting it into place.

Tuesday afternoon I will hook up the new to me ATI 1502 to the new to me Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S speakers  (sounds like a Porsche huh).

Fiddle about with proper placement, mix a drink, and sit back and listen a bit.........

• Like 5