Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I killed my own thread once.....long ago.  It was about the Michael Vick dog fighting/torturing situation.  I took the dogs side

columbian dogs are the best ------

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've killed a bunch of threads.  Wait...............I was a mod then, nevermind.

you can do it again , just volunteer , but , I have to warn you , the pay sucks

• Haha 2

all new Sports  stadiums look nothing the older ones ,  it's just too bad that they can't duplicate  in a more modern building the old stadiums or even renovate them  , and keep the landmarks

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

all new Sports  stadiums look nothing the older ones ,  it's just too bad that they can't duplicate  in a more modern building the old stadiums or even renovate them  , and keep the landmarks

They will just burn them down...

Out with the old and in with the new..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyH 000 said:

52 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

someone from the past that did something bad probably went to a sports stadium once... we probably shouldn't risk it.

5768567820_577e7c6474_b-1024x681.jpg

Facts-about-Colosseum.jpg

Snowflakes will be thrown to the lions !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators

Strange things happen.

About 30+ years ago I had a gun, S&W 686 357 with a 6" barrel in Stainless,  It was getting hard to find a place to shoot and the indoor range was only about 50' long where you could shoot. It sat and I ended up selling it to a cousin. 

My wife talks with him every few weeks and about a week ago he asked if I wanted that gun back, she told him YES. She talked with him and he said he had talked to my dad back then and told him he would get it back to me one day if I was interested. I looked at it as his gun when he bought it thinking I would never see it again, he felt different. He said he would sell it back for the same thing he gave me for it $400, my wife was happy about that and told him sure.

She gave it back to me on fathers day as a surprise, and it was a big surprise after not seeing it for over 30 years. I had forgot how much I liked that gun and how accurate it was.  It's big, 40 oz in weight but has a great trigger and fun to shoot.

Started collecting more ammo and will not part with it again, I am really a little surprised how happy I am to have it back, when I first seen it again I realized how much I liked it. The wife says, I have said many many times over the last 30 years how sorry I was to sell it, I never realized how much I must have said it, I remember why now.

image.jpeg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, dtel said:

Strange things happen.

About 30+ years ago I had a gun, S&W 686 357 with a 6" barrel in Stainless,  It was getting hard to find a place to shoot and the indoor range was only about 50' long where you could shoot. It sat and I ended up selling it to a cousin. 

My wife talks with him every few weeks and about a week ago he asked if I wanted that gun back, she told him YES. She talked with him and he said he had talked to my dad back then and told him he would get it back to me one day if I was interested. I looked at it as his gun when he bought it thinking I would never see it again, he felt different. He said he would sell it back for the same thing he gave me for it $400, my wife was happy about that and told him sure.

She gave it back to me on fathers day as a surprise, and it was a big surprise after not seeing it for over 30 years. I had forgot how much I liked that gun and how accurate it was.  It's big, 40 oz in weight but has a great trigger and fun to shoot.

Started collecting more ammo and will not part with it again, I am really a little surprised how happy I am to have it back, when I first seen it again I realized how much I liked it. The wife says, I have said many many times over the last 30 years how sorry I was to sell it, I never realized how much I must have said it, I remember why now.

image.jpeg

I'll trade you screen legend Anthony Quinn's tank top. @oldtimer will tell you what a great deal that is. 

• Haha 4

put some "work" music on and cleaned the house... while I can. It's really difficult to do the floor proper when there are people walking around on them before they are done.  When I was custodian, I yelled at the manager of the bowling alley for walking across a freshly waxed floor.  Left some nice footprints.

Wife is prolly about done in surgery. Yeah... just cataract.. any surgery is surgery.

She's gonna give me a call when she gets her wheels under her.  Don't have to get her until tomorrow. Her sister is going to drop her at the Dr for her post op in GreenValley. Saved me a lot of running. I would feel better if I was there, though.

... someone has to hold down the fort

curious thing about the lanes in GreenValley.

At one time, half of the employees were from Indiana, left handed and wore glasses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1