Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
4 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

@dtel if your screen saver comes on your music will stop.  Set it to not turn off.

That's funny, because it happened to me with the other laptop and I spent hours trying to figure it out.

A friend was here, he helped set it up for the HDMI connection we listened a little changing songs here and there so it never went to screensaver. The next day they left and I put the music back on, 5 minutes later it went off, I played with it most of the day and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

Then It was on and I was walking over to change a song and it went off and at the same time the screen went to screensaver so I set it to stay on and no problems. Why it does that I have no idea, but after checking everything with no luck then to be something so simple made me feel stupid, it's what they do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I made a measure of success with spot.

...if I bring spot up on both and sign in both, my computer and the wife's, I can do what/when.  Kinda gives me a remote control, too.

other than that... still the same ol' same ol'

Kid comes in this AM, "It's my birthday !"

"No it isn't. It was yesterday. We didn't want to make a cake or do anything special"...

today is her b'day... I wanted to see what she would do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

...if I bring spot up on both and sign in both, my computer and the wife's, I can do what/when.  Kinda gives me a remote control, too.

"No it isn't. It was yesterday. We didn't want to make a cake or do anything special"...

Happy B-Day!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

40 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Happy B-Day!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dang, Big Stew sounds like the friends/acquaintances I had until I cut them off when I quit!

That's up to almost a half dozen of us that have had birthdays this month now!

I ALMOST had a birthday party when I was a kid. I remember my Mom asking me if I wanted a birthday party or wanted to go bowling ... I chose bowling. Of course, I'm going to choose bowling ... my Dad was an incredibly good bowler. Wish he would have lived long enough for me to have bowled with him.  I did alright ... once got my average up to 213, but I was only the third best on my team of five ... I always bowled with people better than me -- I think that helps a person learn. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dang, Big Stew sounds like the friends/acquaintances I had until I cut them off when I quit!

That's up to almost a half dozen of us that have had birthdays this month now!

Tellin ya anything?  hahahaha

Mmmmm, back in 19 ought 5 someone threw me a bday party.  I actually thought it lasted two days and was amazed that I handled a two-day binge.  Then they told me it lasted 4 days.  I had NO idea but they were right.  A theme song?  Yup, this was it!  The master mind shall remain nameless.  Schiiiiit!!!  😂 😂 😎 😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well I love ya big guy!  Never met a Steve I didn't like.  Stevie Vai, Stevie Wonder, Stevie Ray, Steve Van Z, tons of Steves!  😂

Wow I could change my nick to Dr Phil...  hahahaha

Wait!  Would I get my toaster any faster if I did?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Bull, ya know we luv ya around here!

I've been around here a day or two ... and I've killed many threads (posting and then nobody posts after me).  Talked about this once with Elden @dtel  we both feel like we've killed many a thread. Not sure if we're not loved or just so darn smart that people feel there is no way they can follow us. 

• Haha 3