Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dave1290 said:

Mine was yesterday

Happy Birthday, we had no idea but glad you said something. :emotion-19:

56 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Interesting trivia about me:  I've NEVER had a birthday party (except the time that I bought a keg of beer and invited some friends over)

Well that's the best kind, well unless your a kid then the police come.

33 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

yes it has ... probably why I can endure this place ... I'm used to not being loved. 

Well your welcome we do what we can.

Like John and Dave said sure we love you, in all of your oddness, probably cause you fit in with all the other oddness. Reminds of of a crazy huge party we were invited to once, the name was Misfits, Orphans and Majestic's, probably over 1000 people, live music and all the beer you could drink. Great party

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

I've been around here a day or two ... and I've killed many threads (posting and then nobody posts after me).  Talked about this once with Elden @dtel  we both feel like we've killed many a thread. Not sure if we're not loved or just so darn smart that people feel there is no way they can follow us. 

We did talk about that once, for a long time it seemed when I posted that was it no others after, you notice after a while. This was back when I still cared, now that wouldn't even matter it's seems like many feel like it's a full moon for the last few months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Mmmmm, back in 19 ought 5 someone threw me a bday party.  I actually thought it lasted two days and was amazed that I handled a two-day binge.  Then they told me it lasted 4 days.  I had NO idea but they were right.  A theme song?  Yup, this was it!  The master mind shall remain nameless.  Schiiiiit!!!  

I had one similar when I was around 25, it was my wife that did it. She had my best friend say we were going fishing in the AM and we went to get a couple things, ended up in an old bar, I was already in rough shape when I got home, then the party started.

It was crazy, she had invited all the neighbors since it was going to be noisy and long and many cars all around. 

I think everyone should have at least one great party, you will never forget it, well some of it for sure.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I always preferred flying under the radar on birthdays.  Not sure why.

LF and I had a nice cocktail hour/listening session yesterday evaluating the new preamp tubes Marty sent me.  A couple of RCA 12AU7 clear tops probably from the 50s.  Used a lot by different organ manufacturers.  They have a cult following and Brent Jessie likes them a lot citing their low noise.  I noticed a little more sparkle to the top end.  Keepers!

Gonna be a warm one here..........

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I always preferred flying under the radar on birthdays.  Not sure why.

LF and I had a nice coI'm running Siemanscktail hour/listening session yesterday evaluating the new preamp tubes Marty sent me.  A couple of RCA 12AU7 clear tops probably from the 50s.  Used a lot by different organ manufacturers.  They have a cult following and Brent Jessie likes them a lot citing their low noise.  I noticed a little more sparkle to the top end.  Keepers!

Gonna be a warm one here..........

sound good? I'm running Siemans up front & Telsa's on the sides, the openness is perfect for my set up.

• Like 1

ugh.. Glad it never gets warm here...

We can get wet and cool.

Mornin' All

Pretty nice right now. Sun is just peeking the horizon.

Gotta make a run to GreenValley. Drop wife off with her sister. Wife's first cataract surgery is tomorrow AM... in Tucson. She'll be back Fri. Could have been home tomorrow. Wife has a follow up/post op in GreenValley Fri AM.Logistics have wife staying in town overnight and SIL taking her to the post op. I'll pick her up there. We're both a little anxious.

I guess I'm not the only one having problems with spot. Seems they did some updates to their site, starting May, that aren't compatible with everyone. Wonder how many are running linux?  May would be about the time I started having probs...

• Like 3

I killed my own thread once.....long ago.  It was about the Michael Vick dog fighting/torturing situation.  I took the dogs side as they were the victims and had no voice.  A former member and I had a weekend back and forth till the thread was locked.  I would still take the same position.........

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KROCK said:

Prima HP

Running 8 KR- kt88

Would love to hear the KT-150s but an octet of those would cost an arm and a leg plus with those the cage doesn't fit.  I think I have 3 6550s so I may buy another 5 and take a listen.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Would love to hear the KT-150s but an octet of those would cost an arm and a leg plus with those the cage doesn't fit.  I think I have 3 6550s so I may buy another 5 and take a listen.

I tried the 150s, The power was there,but Nothing like the sound of those KRs

Their twice the price of the 150s!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Wait, what?  Mine was yesterday, oldest daughter's was Sunday.  hahaha

LATE  as usual ,  Happy Birthday Dave  , the Egyptians say in Arabic ,  كل سنه وانت طيب    --with every year you are older , you are an even better person 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RandyH 000 said:

wow , these are pricey , 1800$  -just for the tubes ----gotta sound really good

Randy they're under a grand from KR website. Shipped to my home in 3 days.

They sound Fantastic! Pretty too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tarheel said:

I killed my own thread once.....long ago.  It was about the Michael Vick dog fighting/torturing situation.  I took the dogs side as they were the victims and had no voice.  A former member and I had a weekend back and forth till the thread was locked.  I would still take the same position.........

I've killed a bunch of threads.  Wait...............I was a mod then, nevermind.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Tarheel said:

This is free in 3 hours

104689222_10158362389274659_848344544975

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1