Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

it was cold enough to snow this AM. Was in the low 20's.... 65` for a minute this afternoon.

I went to the lake when it got warm enough to sit in the sun comfortably... around 11. Brought home enough 'gills for dinner. Didn't give them away today. I was bank fishing... behind a guy that was fishing the same "turf" as I was.  On my way back, I asked if he was catching any..... No.

So, I told where and how to get them. He had a "fish finder".. sez, "They and 6 to 8 feet deep"... which was about what I figured... One thing about fish finders... they will tell you if fish are around... they do not tell you if they are biting. There seem to be places the fish go to eat and places they just hang out... those places, they might bite, if you hit them on the head with something.... or not. as he found out.

I'm thinking of Christmasing myself a pair of RP600M for the doghouse. Wonder if Cory has a pair of cosmetic seconds? and if they can be had for less than the current sale price on firsts...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarheel said:

Just cool with rain here.  I bet Mikes getting some white wet stuff at his place.

Construction on a replacement shed scheduled for Friday.  This was the old one.

Congrats , for fighting it and winning

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

I asked if he was catching any..... No.

something similar happened to me once. I'm not a bad fisherman; but was getting shut out once and a guy about 20 yards from me was reeling them in like crazy -- trout. he finally comes over and asks me what I'm using for bait. Same as he is. He then rigs up my pole with the same set up that he has and even casted it out to distance he was. Still nothing.  I guess he was just in the sweet spot and there was nothing outside of it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

I'm thinking of Christmasing myself a pair of RP600M for the doghouse

hey, why not end this crazy year on a positive note .... get some Jubes. Even if you don't deserve them, just tell yourself that you do. To quote that great scholar George Costanza, it's not a lie if you believe it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, grasshopper said:

doghouse is 12 X 12.... and has a lot of stuff in it...

... a couch, desk, 2 gym lockers, 2 metal cabinets and a bookshelf

and my keyboard, 2 office chairs, a little table/magazine rack and a bar stool.

Still room to walk, too

no room for Jubes

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

doghouse is 12 X 12.... and has a lot of stuff in it...

... a couch, desk, 2 gym lockers, 2 metal cabinets and a bookshelf

and my keyboard, 2 office chairs, a little table/magazine rack and a bar stool.

Still room to walk, too

okay here's my plan.  keep the barstool and get the Jubes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Islander said:

Based on the gash in the roof, it looks like the shed jumped the tree and knocked it down...

what Chuck is telling is that he tried to make a tree house and he had the blueprint upside down. Easy mistake, blame it on the bourbon or Carl's slushies. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2