Cables, Coffee, Cycles, and Cocktails

Tarheel

Not a good day for lizards

started out cold and windy. Deteriorated to wet, cold and windy....for the coup d' gras... it snowed

It didn't make much more than 40`F. I have to remind myself that it snowed in April several years ago.

... That's no real comfort

I donated $300 to a local hospital.....

.. they say it is a raffle.. 1:20 chance of winning. I have purchased 6 tickets in the past.... all I got was a Mahalo for the donation. Maybe my luck will change. HaHaHa

there is a side thing...a 50/50 jackpot that was $800,000 when I bought in. Better chances than the lottery.... but, I will still be a donor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grasshopper said:

Not a good day for lizards

started out cold and windy. Deteriorated to wet, cold and windy....for the coup d' gras... it snowed

It didn't make much more than 40`F. I have to remind myself that it snowed in April several years ago.

... That's no real comfort

I donated $300 to a local hospital.....

.. they say it is a raffle.. 1:20 chance of winning. I have purchased 6 tickets in the past.... all I got was a Mahalo for the donation. Maybe my luck will change. HaHaHa

there is a side thing...a 50/50 jackpot that was $800,000 when I bought in. Better chances than the lottery.... but, I will still be a donor.

What if I’ve already got a Mahalo?81031E6E-51EF-4470-A877-8C47D672B34D.thumb.jpeg.630174f193995fc9e410a08beb04d696.jpeg

Good for you to donate to a good cause.

Raffle or not, that’s still a good way to help out.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That's a lot of rosemary. Had it in beef stew before.

Ever had a pork roast encrusted in garlic? That surprised me because just like when it's roasted to put on a pizza it was very sweet. I wasn't for the next couple of days! It came through my pores when I sweated.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, grasshopper said:

it snowed

Did that snow blower start right up for ya?  😂

9 hours ago, Marvel said:

but it was for a worthy cause anyway.

Thanks!  

3E1FEBA2-E364-47BD-971F-38944350CAF4.thumb.jpeg.2d46268f4495542e34ffcb0dde202e28.jpeg

I'm lovin that photo.  Yer killin me here.  Keep up the good work!  NOW I'm hungry so have to go and eyeball things again.  Looks fantastic soooo it'll be gone in no time.  :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dave1291 said:

I'm lovin that photo.  Yer killin me here.  Keep up the good work!  NOW I'm hungry so have to go and eyeball things again.  Looks fantastic soooo it'll be gone in no time.  :)

There's a couple of guys here that feed their kids better than some mom's do.

Yea that made me hit the potato salad again, slaw still need to set in there for a while. Dill pickles & juice, onion, a little celery plus mayo in it... best with fish or hot dogs!

• Haha 1

Tried that brands granola long ago and did not like it. I could go for trying them again. Golden grahams in chocolate milk was the best ever! Put the syrup on the cereal before you add the milk.

Since "they" ruined the chocolate syrup I haven't had it again. Tried to make my own syrup a few times and it wasn't like the h used to be. Great Grains and grits of course ever since.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JohnJ said:

That's a lot of rosemary. Had it in beef stew before.

Ever had a pork roast encrusted in garlic?

Of course , so delicious , I was in Argentina many many times and we eaten whole Chicken rosted in garlic , JJ you have to try that as well ....

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Tried that brands granola long ago and did not like it. I could go for trying them again. Golden grahams in chocolate milk was the best ever! Put the syrup on the cereal before you add the milk.

BAH ..go to hell with that junk food 😂

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MicroMara said:

BAH ..go to hell with that junk food 😂

Hey they were nothing like the frosted flakes or others that had that fake yucky glaze over them. Like pop tarts with their gross "frosting".

Never much liked cold cereal so it was only when rushed.. had to leave between 4:30 am and 6:00 depending where the job was for decades!

Now with the oats, it's energy and grits take ten minutes or so... when I'm waiting on my real breakfast (coffee) that doesn't happen unless it's cool or cold early.

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

Dave what did you have for dinner or after dinner last night :rolleyes:

I honestly can't remember!      😂

Here's a crazy read for everyone.  The "Boss" stepped on himself @ the ATL show a couple days ago.  Crazy!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bruce-springsteen-guitar-throw-hits-tech?

Carry on and enjoy that coffee.  :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Dave1291 said:

I honestly can't remember!      😂

Here's a crazy read for everyone.  The "Boss" stepped on himself @ the ATL show a couple days ago.  Crazy!

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/bruce-springsteen-guitar-throw-hits-tech?

Carry on and enjoy that coffee.  :)

too much adrenaline in the blood

• Haha 1